Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:28 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#405

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 09-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Default Well.....

I did it!! I went back to WW! Don't get me wrong, I was DEFINITELY not happy when I stood on the scale. Anyways....it's all over and done now and I am back on track....officially.

Here are the stats:

Heighest Weight: 346.5
Re-join Weight: 313.0
Goal Weight: 150

Thank you guys for being there with me through it all. You are the best!

Now, I'm getting to bed, I just got home a little while ago. Man, all that shopping for healthy food will wear you out!

See you tomorrow!!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:47 AM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am going through such a depression right now..gah. I bought a new lithium scale because I was sick of the old one being so unreliable. Well I got on it, and the thing errored out because apparently I weigh too much for it..this means I weight about 15 pounds more than I thought I did...so right now I feel like any weight I have lost was pointless because I'm right back to where I started. I can tell I'm headed toward some depression because I just seriously feel like I'll NEVER lose this weight. I don't want to quit, but it seems like I always make the wrong decisions and the weight just NEVER COMES OFF.

I mean seriously...I know...what's the point in coming here to complain about something I can change, right?

I just had my last day at work, my goal is to lose 20 pounds before I see the old gang at work...I KNOW I can do it if I STAY ON PROGRAM AND DONT CHEAT..I always start out real well and then it just plummets.

I'm sorry I haven't been doing individual posts I'm just so depressed lately, and I feel like a big FAT SLOB..and I hate myself as a fat person, and I NEED this to change.

Sorry to rant, but I had to get it off my chest.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:55 AM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

There, I just posted these goals onto my wall for september:

-Lose 20 pounds so when I go to Filene's and visit, everyone will be able to tell that I have lost weight.

-Regularly exercise once my tapes come in.

-No more soda - water or milk only

-STAY WITHIN POINTS

There, I think that should do it for now. *sigh*...I just feel so fat
and ugly
Old 09-09-2003, 08:01 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning chickies

Today is a new day and I will stay op.
I am having a boiled egg and toast for breakfast.

I got up this morning to find baby fish. Then I tried to scoop them out before they got eaten. I got 3 out. Hope they live.

I'm watching yesterdays episode of Days of our Lives. It seems that Stephano is still alive.

Hope all of you have a great day catch you tonight
Old 09-09-2003, 08:57 AM   #6  

AHHHHHH! I just lost my huge post. I'll be back later. UGH.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:28 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

Oh Melissa... I know all to well that "feeling FAT" state of mind.
I am not only feeling it... I am it. LOL
Seriously... don't listen to your feelings on this one.
ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING when it comes to SUCCESS !!!
So kick that stinkin thinkin out the door and tell him to go find some skinny anerexic to bug. LOL Tell it that YOU are just fine... in fact you are better than fine because you are getting HEALTHIER as well as thinner.
FOCUS on health... focus on success !!!

This goes for everyone... but Melissa just brought this up to the forefront of my mind. I am going to have to go practice what I preach now. LOL

By the way... I am on my way to Missouri today.
Have a GREAT ON PROGRAM DAY.
Be KIND to yourself ... and feed yourself healthy thoughts as well as healthy food.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:55 AM   #8  

While sitting here typing they had this guy on tv to help kids with A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder)

He said sooooo many great things. He also spoke about how at Halloween everyone knows that the week after is **** WEEK at school because of all the junk foods kids eat.
But what I want to share is...
Bad food makes you act and feel bad.
Good food makes you act and feel good.

So simply put. And the proof is right in front of us in our kids.
It applies to fat old ladies too. LOL

Feed you heart and soul GOOD FOOD... physically and emotionally.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:13 AM   #9  

Morning Chicksters,

Tina, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING BACK TO WEIGHT WATCHERS!!! GREAT JOB I find the more often I do what I say I am going to do, I am becoming a person I respect. I want to be a person of honesty and integrity, those characteristics got buried under all that food....SO, I am very pleased to hear that you made your decision to go back and you stuck to it. With every step we make in the right direction the next step is only made easier. YOU GO GIRL!

2cute: you are so right, a positive attitude is key on this journey! Thanks for the reminder.

MissMeliss, you can lose the weight!!! It will come off!!! Go look in the mirror right now and say to yourself "I love you, I am proud of you for making the decision to become healthier, I am going to take care of you today, and everyday for the rest of your life, you deserve a healthy body mind and spirit, and you can accomplish all of your goals"....go do it right now, you may feel silly, but self talk is so important, and replacing all that negativity with positive affirmations is not an easy task, but you can do it...and the more often you tell yourself this, the more you will come to actually believe it, and even if you don't believe it, "act as if" until you do!! Take care of yourself today, I will be thinking about you.

Hi Mary, glad to hear that you have made the comittment for an OP day today!!! You can do it.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:20 AM   #10  

MissMeliss: Listen to 2cute, she always has such good advice to offer. I have learned a lot from her in the past 7 months or so since I have been posting here on this thread.

I need to take that advice too and put in in my head and repeat it day in and day out, hour by hour, or minute by minute. I will succeed at this!!!

Tina: Congrat for rejoining. I am so so so proud of you and your recommintment. You will succeed this time and I hope to be right by your side doing it along with you. I am still remembering how I was months ago and so enthusiastic. I will get that back with your help and everyone else here.

Mary: Baby fish......yahoo....hope they live for you. Hope you had a good op day too. You sound very positive there!!! Keep up the good work.

2cute: My advisor lady, hope you have a good travel to Missouri and visit. Drive safe.....

Pam: You snuck in while I was posting, I just scrolled down to make sure I did not miss anyone and there you were....You also had kind words to share to pump us all up....I love your posts.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 09-09-2003, 12:17 PM   #11  

Arrow Let's try this again

OK, I have recovered from this morning's annoyance. However, I am still in a nasty state of mind. I am being pro-active and trying to overcome. I know that the depression comes in spurts so I just have to do what I can and fight until it passes. Last night I took a beautiful walk. I think a little under a mile. I made lemon chicken for dinner and was pleased that instead of having both rice and bread I opted for only one. I will not give up, I will not let this get me. Sooner or later it's going to get better.

Tina,
You are so courageous for going back to WW, I am so proud of you for overcoming your fears. What a motivator you are!

Meliss,
Keep your chin up, it will get better. This is the time when we need to be at our strongest, I know that you will get through this and back on track!

Mary,
Eeeek! Little itty-bitty fishies. I bet they are so cute. Great work staying on plan!

Hello 2cute, Pam and Sandy! I hope you are enjoying your day.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:26 PM   #12  

Arggh... I'm finally back home! Did yunz miss me?

Finally started production on the film; my part is finished (for the moment at least--if I'm needed by chance, I'll have to go back). Anyhoo, the blond hair had to go; it's a burgundy brown now, so I am scheduled for a new photoshoot in October, which is a good thing, because my food has been LOUSY this past week or so! I guess with the erratic filming schedule, I couldn't eat at regular intervals like I normally do, and Lord knows how much I weigh now, even though my clothes still fit decent. Guess I'll have to brave the scale tomorrow and find out!

On the good side of things, I got cable internet service! Golly, I get online so fast now, I can't stand it! Plus I won't have anyone complaining that they can't get me on the phone because the line is busy! Not to mention not being booted offline so often...Worth the few extra bucks a month for sure!

Glad to see all is well here....and hope all of you are staying sane!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:58 PM   #13  

Welcome back Lori! I missed you!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:37 PM   #14  

Hi guys... I didn't make it to Missouri today. Long story.
I am headed there first thing tomorrow morning for sure.

Welcome home Lori. Of course we missed you. Several of us have asked about all the MIAs. Did you have a speaking role? When will it be released? How much on screen time did you shoot? Inquistive minds want to know it ALL !!!!

Pam...
Quote:
I find the more often I do what I say I am going to do, I am becoming a person I respect.
I found this to be soooooo true. In fact it is so true I need to get offline and do what I KNOW needs done... today. Self respect comes in many shapes and sizes... and I eat when I don't like myself for procrastination. So Pam... thanks to you... I am out of here. LOL

Natalie, Sandy, Mary, Tina... so glad you posted today.
I will try to get back in later.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hey Girlies!
How's everyone doing today? All is well here. I am tired. I ended up staying up until midnight watching the Eagles lose the football game. I did not get up for the gym this morning. I am not use to staying up that late. So, I'll either go tonight or just hop on the treadmill at home for a little while. I am starting to feel a little stressed about getting ready for our trip in Saturday. We are going to have to leave for the airport at the crack of dawn so everything needs to be done Friday evening --- so much to do, but it will all be worth it!

Tina - I am so proud of you for going back to WW last night! You've made a big step to getting back on track! Good job!

Melissa - The other gals are so right! Focus on a good attitude, getting healthy, realizing that you are worth the fight!! C'mon girl, you can do it!

Mary - Good job staying OP today. Let us know later how it's going. Days?? I haven't watched that in so long, use to be completely addicited! I don't think Stephano will ever die --- an if he does they'll find a way to bring him back to life!

2Cute - Have a safe trip to MO today.

Pam - I love your posts -- always so positive! You are such a sunny person!

Natalie - Sorry you lost your post! I'm glad you came back and posted another message! Tonight should be another beautiful night for a walk.

Lori - So, you were off making a movie!! That's great! Where did you have to go? I bet your kitties missed you.

Sandy - Hey gal! So good to see you back more and more!

Well chicks, I should get myself back to work! I'll catch ya later!
Barb
Closed Thread