South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #1  

Unhappy Medical Problems

I am bummed...
I am having some kidney problems and have to go to a Neurologist because my migraines " aren't normal" whatever THAT means.
Although my dr likes the ideas of no sugar and complex carbs he wants me to do more of a WW /SBD mix because he is afraid of the protein with my kidneys.
SO I have gleaned that I will be doing more of a WW aproach but having complex instead of simple carbs.

It was fun! I will still come in because a lot of the recipies are low in fat as well!!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Megan, I'm sorry about your health problems. I'm sure that everything will be fine... sounds like you have a good doctor.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:36 PM   #3  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Megangloria...
I know you will do well on WW. Just concentrate on feeling
better for now. You know SBD well enough now that you
can do a combination.

Stay well,
~Sharon
Old 09-07-2003, 12:06 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Megan, it sounds like you are in good hands with your physician. At least you can take the parts of SBD that are healthy for you and sally forth into a new WOE! Let us know how you are doing!
Old 09-07-2003, 03:25 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Megan, WW is a good diet. If I had just stayed away from the whites I would have done much better on it. Stay away from the pasta's-stick with whole grains and avoid the sugar....it will work.

When I was having problems with my kidney's I took sugar free cranberry juice and mixed it diluted with cold distilled water. It really helped me...ask your MD, he does sound great
Old 09-07-2003, 06:06 AM   #6  
Mous

Megan,

You ARE a part of this group no matter what plan you follow.

We are here for you.

Good Luck

Marcie
Old 09-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Aww Megan, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. The most important thing right now is to listen to your doctor and concentrate on getting yourself better.

One WOE does not work for everyone, and with help from your doctor you will find the best one for you. I tried Atkins several months ago, and while a lot of people have good luck losing weight with that WOE (I was losing too), I did have some health problems start to crop up with eating so much protein and saturated fat, and was told by my doctor to stop. I am doing better with SBD now, because of very limited sat fat, and better (i.e. leaner) and smaller amounts of protein.

You are still welcome to come here for support and friendship! And please be sure to let us know how you're doing.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:06 AM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Everyone here has already said it!! Everyone needs a slightly different WOE, and you need to do what is the best for you. And you BETTER keep posting here, because we'll track you down if you don't!!!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Megangloria, WW and SBD can be combined so be sure to continue to hang out with us. I agree - your doctor does sound like a good one.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #10  

You guys rock!!
Thank you so much for the LOVE! You don't realize how much support even from anonymous people online means to me.
I wish I could send you all a flower. I have been so sick and in a lot of pain and worry and you guys are just GREAT and so accepting!

Lots of Love!
Megan
Closed Thread