Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default TMJ & Liquids HELP!!!!!!!!

Hi Folks!
I have TMJ and it is acting up BAD! Probably because I seem to have a bony growth inside on both sides of jaw. Needless to say I can't stand to chew ANYTHING!I am going to the dentist and will most likely require surgery. In the mean time, can someone please help me out with a sensible nutritional plan. Right now I am eating baby food (stage 2's because it is pured well) soup and protein shakes. I wasn't sure if Atkin's or other Low Carb Shakes were ok for 3 meals a day, however I can't take the 25 carbs per serving in the Isopure Protein drinks I bought at GNC. I am going to have my husband take them back. I do need to lose weight, but I never figured it would be on what is basically a crash diet. I have always tried to be sensible, however, not being able to chew makes things a little different. So, I need help.
Can anyone reccomend a good shake and supplements? How do I combat floppy skin should that happen? Since baby food is about all I can take (and shakes) any suggestions. I can't eat potatoes all the time!!!!!!

Please help and feel free to email me at
[email protected]

Thanks,
Candace
Closed Thread