Old 04-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default I need some major support, maybe suggestions

I've struggled with weight all my life. I am on the brink of just giving up. I was diagnosed with PCOS and it has been a nightmare trying to lose weight. I feel I have tried everything under the sun now. Pills, magic potions, fad diets, WW etc. I started doing LA weight loss when I was a teenager, it worked (Went from about 225 to 190) but then my mom stopped paying for it, just couldn't afford it, my weight plateaued, my periods stopped, then my weight crept up to over 300 pounds over the past 10 years. It has been two years since I was able to lose some weight but it has been a struggle all the way. I am now about 275. I recently started exercising 4x a week, I do treadmill at the gym and burn over 500 calories in about an hour. I am on a 1400 calorie diet. My weight has not budged at all It's actually fluctuated between 275 and 279 this month). It's been about two months. Today I decided to restart LA weight loss since that seemed to be the only thing I can remember having any impact on my weight loss. I am already bracing for failure. Something just doesn't seem right, the numbers don't add up, if I'm burning 2000 cals a week working out and I'm on a reduced calorie diet, I should have seen some kind of progress. I have seen nothing, please help if you can. My goal is to be 180lbs.
dollshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! I can’t offer much in regards to PCOS unless to ask if you have an endo that’s quite knowledgeable and willing to see if there are different meds available now then when you began after your dX that may help you better. I would also suggest to ask if they have also done a complete thyroid panel on you as well sometimes something like that can be in hand with your other health issues.

That said - find a spot you like to land and start posting - lots of helpful and encouraging people in the threads. I wish you luck in finding answers and a good journey ahead.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #3  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Dollshoes You are doing awesome with Your workouts and dieting. Somewhere in this forum I think it talks about plautes? I count calories and I heard calorie cycling can help. I do calorie counting and for awhile I did Chris Powell carb cycling. I found out that sometimes You need to eat more calories to lose weight. I always thought the lower the better. But You can try maybe 1500 - 1800 and see how that goes. I also eat three meals and 2 snacks a day. I was eating every three hours. Keep Up the Great Job!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #4  

I am new again because I quit coming here for a long time. Like you I have been heavy all my life and tried every diet as well as some supplements. I am finally starting again and losing weight. I decided to follow CAD because I know it works for me. I think it is great you are exercising. I can't do much right now because of my knee but I do walk as much as I can. Please don't give up. I have almost 100 pounds to lose and more if I can but will be happy with 100. You will find what works best for you and the weight will come off. You can do it,
Nomoredimples2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back to 3FatChicks Nomoredimples2018. We are happy to see you come back. Look around the forum and if you see a topic that interests you, jump right in. Everyone is friendly and will welcome you. There are a lot of challenges going on all the time and everyone gives each other encouragement and it becomes a lot of fun, helping each other and getting help in return.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #6  

Thank you Wannabehealthy. I haven't been back here but need to come for support. I remember before I was on the forums a lot. I have to come back regularly.
Nomoredimples2018 is offline   Reply With Quote