Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:06 PM   #1  
Ex-Lax/Syrup of Ipecac

Location: I'm a resident of the world but I make my home right down the road from Sweet Briar.

Default Where can I find Calfskin boots?

I am having so much trouble finding a pair of calfskin boots. It seems Jimmy Choo is a bit queasy about using calves. Would one of you be willing to donate an unpopular relative so that Marcella and I will not have to wear that bulky suede? We will get blisters! It is so unfair; I recently had to go to Bankok for crocodile, now this. Those leather-look shoes all of you are so fond of are available right in your neighborhood. The clothing I wear should be available in my neighborhood. It is discrimination.
Oh well, no matter. I had a lovely time at the party. That was the only reason we were here, tomorrow morning we leave for the City of Lights. See you in Paris next week, Marcella!
Fondly,
Letty
Old 09-06-2003, 04:24 AM   #2  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Default Bye Letty, Have fun!

Have a great time in Paris. We are still struggling to be allowed to leave the country with refugee status. Paris is the usual destination. Maybe we can get together!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

lohani----are you still doing your no sugar diet??? i am reading the atkins book to see if i can do it,and it seems kind of hard,what with the no apples and no corn or potatoes------------i like all the cheese and nuts and meat,but i like a bit of roughage in me--------aren't we grazing herbivores all about GRAINS-------look what happened when we were forced to eat MEAT!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

I adoreeed Painty's poem.

Letty, perhaps you could find some primitive tribe to chew leather for you until it is soft enough for boots for your prissy little feet. What do you do with your time? I don't think you actually need boots to just lie around and give orders to servants. And your poem is NOT even original. Did you check the copyright laws regarding Dante?

Bye. I am grumpy.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-06-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #5  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Hi hi.

I'm new here...actually I am old here, but I'm new this time..and although I've not been following your threads I'm very happy I found you.

What attracted me was the poetic juxtaposition of a thread about calfskin boots next to the vegetarian posts. Kind of like the same little happy feeling that I get when I see that Christian books and New Age books are right next to each other at the Barnes and Noble.

There really is humor in everything for me, and I can be delighted by the most trivial matters.

Glad to meet you all.

choosie
Old 09-06-2003, 02:52 PM   #6  

Default Second chance, perhaps not LAST!!

If you want to buy a whole cow, you can go here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Choosewelll... this is a VERY odd group, IMH(BEC)O.....
And thanks to all who liked my poem. Painting coming eventually.

Chosewell... if you like the juxtaposition of religion and new age in the book stores, you'll probably feel the same way I did in college when I found out that the Library of Congress book cataloging scheme puts Christianity in "BS" For some reason Art was in the "N's"... but I don't remember any of the others off the top of my head.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by choosewell
There really is humor in everything for me, and I can be delighted by the most trivial matters.
You definitely came to the right place, darling. No one could be more delightfully trivial than this bunch.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #8  
consistent

oh, PainterWoman...meet me at any coffee shop and I bet we can get kicked out for laughing too hard and loud...

Since this is the place for all things bovine...my business side must mention http://www.contentedcows.com/ where two guys have figured out that happy people are productive people. Just imagine that applied in our workplaces...it boggles the mind.

Ruminatin'...choosewell
Old 09-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #9  
consistent

SugP, we were doing simul-posts. Great to meet you...what a cute little butterscotch hamster.

Uh-oh, another food cue...

choosie
Old 09-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #10  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

Hi everyone, welcome Choose.

Painty, I don't have the imagination to know what those letters mean. Can't you spell them out? Are you sure this is an odd group? I think the more earnest groups are far odder than this one. Anyway, you're here now...so you're odd too.

Bagzie, here in Pakistan we don't take Atkins too literally. We eat fresh foods &proteins. We avoid processed foods like sugar and white flour...at least that's what we mean to do. The reality is a little different.

Because Letty is traveling I will defend her and say that the copyright on The Inferno ran out a long time ago.

Hi Sugar! You're right...we're trivial, but charming.

I'm off. I spent my morning at the soccer field and the afternoon at the grocery store..it's 4PM and all I want is a nap.
XXOO,
L
Old 09-06-2003, 04:20 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
this is a VERY odd group, IMH(BEC)O.....
I want to know what that means too? If it means what I think it means, Sugar will kick your butt.

Speaking of butts, I have a question. Why is it ok to say "bugger off." I've even heard that on NPR from some person talking about Iraq. But it's no ok to say ... you know ... off which is not as bad of a thing to do in our American cilivization at least up until the current times which seem to be going in a different direction.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:22 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by choosewell
What attracted me was the poetic juxtaposition of a thread about calfskin boots next to the vegetarian posts. Kind of like the same little happy feeling that I get when I see that Christian books and New Age books are right next to each other at the Barnes and Noble.

Hi Choosewell! You've chosen well!
I quite agree; contrast is what makes life worthwhile. The other day while I was waiting for DD to get out of drivers ed, I was browsing in the little library next door -- now this is not held in a school; they use a classroom in a quasi-church/mission/youth center place. The library was a dump of people's cast-off, mostly religious books. I enjoyed flipping through the frightening book about how a woman can bring her husband into "the faith" using the Nutcracker Method -- I kid you not. It involved a lot of chapters on such topics as "Becoming More Submissive". This was lying next to Shirley MacLaine's Out on a Limb. That made me laugh.

I could use a nap too. But I have to watch 'them boys' play tennis. I am recording the beginning of Roddick's match because I really had to get online -- since I haven't been here much lately. We went to the h.s. football game last night, mainly to watch the band of course (DD plays clarinet), but that was fun. Also watched a movie: Bringing Down the House -- pretty funny. I love Steve Martin, and I have to say Queen Latifah is pretty terrific too.

I am dogsitting this week to my friends' little Heinz 57 "Amy". She's a love. The cats are staying away. I don't think they are even eating. Last night I came in the computer room to find Amy under DH's desk (she likes the den feel of it) and Coco, my dopiest cat, sitting on the desk chair staring at her. Weird.

Kiwi
Old 09-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

In My Humble (But Ever Changing?) Opinion. Or something.

I think that people use "bugger off" because they think it is exactly the same as "bug off". In other words, they don't know what they're saying.

Which just goes to prove that just because you're on NPR doesn't mean you have a brain. I've noticed that, likewise, just because the NYTimes publishes your reviews of books, it doesn't mean that you can write a decent paragraph--(case in point)

Kiwi
Old 09-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #14  
fatter than U

Talking Nutcraker Method??????

Cripes! (is that a bad word?) I'll take Shirley McLaine any day.

Speaking of turning your man around, I just ordered a book called "How to Get through to the Man You Love". Anyone read it? Oh, and also "Divorce Busters", just as a preventative measure.

When I was young, we always used to say grace before dinner (nobody really knew why) and since we're on a food theme I'd like to share my little brothers' versions with you all:

God is great, God is good, lettuce thank Him for our food.

and my personal favourite:

For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly grapefruit.

I'm not kidding you.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:01 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, that link just takes me to a page when I can sign up to the NY Times stuff.
Closed Thread