Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/191/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Work at home and need to lose weight

Hiya! I've battled with weight all my life, like many of us, I'm sure. Had a good run of fitness and healthiness in my 20s and early 30s before kids came along, then after baby 2 the pounds just kept creeping on. Now I'm working at home and it's even harder to stay active. Kids are a little older and more self-sufficient, so it's time to make my own fitness a much bigger priority.

Strengths:
I can be disciplined when I set my mind to something.
I know how to eat well.
Swimming.

Weaknesses:
Chocolate and red wine .
I truly hate exercising. Truly. Hate to sweat in public. Hate being judged about how uncoordinated I am. Never seem to get that endorphin high everyone talks about, even after months of regular exercising. Just has never happened for me.
My husband can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound, and his whole family (whom we live near) revolve around food, food, food.

HELP!
midlifepivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/214/130

Yup - chocolate definitely rules! Men who never gain weight - don't!

It must be really hard to work at home - too much temptation!
DreamingOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

When I worked from home with my first - I kept the chocolate in the basement freezer, my office was on the second floor. It worked, I didn’t feel like schlepping down the stairs.

You mention a strength as swimming. Use this strength! I miss having access to a pool, but lost and toned with swimming at one point loosing 40 lbs. if you can get up before your SO goes to work and your day starts and a pool is close by, go for 30 mins. Or if your kids are self sufficent to ready for the school day while you are gone or maybe as part of your lunch hour - you can fit a swim in there. If the swimming doesn’t quite fit, even if you can get out of the house and take a walk, that can give you a help too.

As for snacking, try to keep to a schedule and make it a point to just stay in the kitchen with it instead of your work area - again you may find it a bother and an interruption to your day and drop it. I do suggest keeping a water bottle with you and challenge yourself to do so many ounces a day that work for your diet/body size. You’ll find something that works for you. It can be a bit of a challenge but some days the day just flies and you don’t do any of that. My tough days came more often on my slow days - busy days I didn’t even really think of it.

You can do this - it’s great when you finally find a bit of time for yourself. Good luck on your journey.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote