South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:35 AM   #1  

Angry New here, and so excited!

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking here about a week. I am on day 12 of phase one, and have lost 8 lbs with no cheating. I am so proud of myself, and I have been telling everyone I know about SBD! My story....

I started SBD at 180.2 lbs, and today I weighed 172.6. I've had two c-sections in the last 4+ years and my abdomen hangs down to my knees LOL. Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. My dad, who has type II diabetes, read the book about a week before I did, and gave it to me to read. Thanks, dad!. I will be 37 next week, and I haven't weighed this little in about 10 years. I lead a sedentary lifestyle, except for chasing around 2 kids. I'm a computer programmer (sit-down job).

My short-term goal is to weigh 155 by my next doctor visit on Dec. 18th. I'm going to ask her to check my cholesterol and tryglicerides at that time, too, since she ran a bunch of bloodwork back in May for PCOS. I want to see how much lower my levels are! She had told me back then that she wanted me to lose 19 lbs, and I've lost 17 of them!

My long-term goal is to weigh between 140-145, hopefully by next February. That's when I'll see my OB again, and won't she be surprised! Of course, I'd like to look good at my 20 year high-school reunion next year, too.

My motivation has been (1) I want to teach my kids to eat healthy, (2) I don't want diabetes, and I'm so close, and (3) lose weight, of course! My 4yo daughter now shares my salad with me at lunch...amazing!

I basically eat the following...

Breakfast:
Southwestern egg-beaters
canadian bacon
V-8

Snack:
string cheese

Lunch:
Salad w/ lunchmeat or chicken

Snack:
peanuts and/or cottage cheese

Dinner:
meat or chicken
vegetable (broccoli, green beans, cauliflower...I'm picky!)

Dessert:
fudgsicle

I'm scared to start phase two. Scared of slowing down, or giving up entirely. But I am looking forward to a bowl of Uncle Sam's cereal and some yogurt!

One last thing...I also take a half-dose daily of JuicePlus as my supplement. A nurse friend gave me a 6-month supply for free. I don't know what I'll do when that runs out, it's very expensive. I already pay for my daughter to take the kids variety.

So, that's it! Sorry so lengthy. I can't wait to meet you all. Can you tell me how much you all lost in the first phase/two weeks?

Take care,
Susan
Old 09-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Welcome, You're doing great!! My menu is alot like yours. Take it slow going into phase2 not too many carbs in one day.
on your loss.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:53 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome! it's nice to see such enthusiasm! I lost 8 pounds my first two weeks on SBD but moved too fast into Phase 2. Sflake gives good advice. Add new carbs slowly!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:54 PM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Susan~~Welcome and congrats on your great progress
Old 09-04-2003, 02:13 PM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Welcome, Susan!!

Glad you're here.

I'm still in Phase I (I'll be at the end of week 2 on Sat.), and I lost 4 pounds the 1st week. Since I only weigh weekly, we'll see how my meeting with the scales goes on Saturday!!!
Sorry, scales sometimes terrorize me!!

I'm watching Di's daily thread because she just began Phase II, and I'm hoping for pointers.

Everybody here is so great about sharing info. , and giving support. I love SBD and this site!

Talk later...Sharon
Old 09-05-2003, 12:00 AM   #6  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Welcome Susan! Glad to hear you are doing so well on the beach!
I lost around 10 pounds during phase 1, but didn't transition into phase 2 very well (that's putting it mildly!) and gained a couple back.

I may have lost weight, but I have gained a great bunch of friends through this forum! They keep me honest, keep me focused, and best of all, are always there when I need them.

So, check in and post often!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:02 AM   #7  
Mous

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Bravo!

With an attitude like that I am PROUD of you.

Phase 2 is only that...a phase.

Think healthy and you will be fine.

You have a great attitude and are on the road to a better, healthier you.

Lady
Closed Thread