Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148

Height: 5'3"

Default Introduction x-posted

X-posted from the main introductions page--wanted to say hello in featherweights in particular!

Another newbie here! As my username suggests, I like tacos. And cats. I found this site after an exhaustive google search. I've been participating in Beachbody forums with different coaches for a few years now and I always wind up changing coaches because it's just not enough of a give-and-take in the facebook groups. I'm looking to be part of a responsive community and from what I've seen, this looks like the place for me! I'm in my early 40's and have allowed some extra weight to attach itself to me.
  • I'm very active. I love my Beachbody workouts, I do 1hr of Zumba 2-3x/week, and am also a dancer & choreographer. Exercise is not my problem!
  • I love food! I love cooking it, eating it, reading about it, talking about it, thinking about it. I'm a true foodie. I eat a pretty healthy diet-whole, minimally processed foods, lots of veggies, healthy home cooking, no sugary drinks, etc. BUT I still struggle with eating healthy portions. I can get a little obsessed with food at times & I also eat my feelings.
  • I think I'll be getting to know the featherweight group as I am 5'3", 148lbs, and looking to loose 15-20lbs but will also get to know folks in some of the other groups that center on recipes, fitness, emotional eating etc.
  • I'm married and we have 2 cats. I am a high school special education teacher. I work with students who have mild-moderate learning disabilities, with a focus on math interventions. This is my 17th year as a teacher & I absolutely love my job. Every day.
I think that's a fairly comprehensive "about me". I'm looking forward to getting to know this forum better!
Tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hiya Tacocat and welcome! Hoping you'll find yourself at home in the Featherweights forum.

I can definitely identify with the feeling of being obsessed with things ... just a tad. And I too, tend to eat over my feelings. Personally, keeping track of my weight ins and calories daily is a big help. It's a victory just to be aware of where I am and what I'm actually consuming.

It's amazing that you love your job AND you've been doing it for 17 years! I'm an account operations manager for a direct to consumer insurance marketing company. I've been there just over 2 years and while I love what I do, but the people are the best part of the job. Talk to me in another 15 years and I hope I'll say the same thing.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 AM   #3  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote