Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #1  

Default David needs your help

Hi, my name is David Jones, and I am new here. I need help finding a blood sugar chart. Any suggestion please? I would also like to know more about blood sugar because I heard it can prevent someone from losing weight. Please any help or suggestion is welcome. Thanks for this wonderful forum
davidjones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:09 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi David, welcome. I just did a quick google search and tons of information popped up on Blood sugars. Are yours high? Are they low? I’m no expert, but I think it’s very possible to lose weight no matter what your levels are. If high, a lower carb diet might be a good fit.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Do you mean how food affects your blood sugar? It's called the Glycemic Index and you can google that term and find any number of options.

And yes, higher blood sugar does indeed hamper weight loss. The reason for it is that insulin is the hormone that tells your body to store fat, and you cannot simultaneously store fat and burn it at the same time. So in order to reduce your body fat, you need to reduce carbs. Any diet that eschews processed foods will help, provided you don't just go crazy on starchy or sweet unprocessed foods. A paleo or Primal Blueprint diet can really help, especially if you target the under 50g of daily carbs keto zone.

Check out the website MarksDailyApple.com - lots of great information there.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #4  

Hi David jones. Here is a blood sugar chart. You will also learn more about blood sugar. I hope this was helpful?

Last edited by clem24; 11-01-2017 at 12:16 PM.
clem24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #5  

Thanks all, and most especially to clem24. I liked the blood sugar chart and how it was explained there. Thanks for your concern. This forum rocks.
davidjones8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Do you mean how food affects your blood sugar? It's called the Glycemic Index and you can google that term and find any number of options.

And yes, higher blood sugar does indeed hamper weight loss. The reason for it is that insulin is the hormone that tells your body to store fat, and you cannot simultaneously store fat and burn it at the same time. So in order to reduce your body fat, you need to reduce carbs. Any diet that eschews processed foods will help, provided you don't just go crazy on starchy or sweet unprocessed foods. A paleo or Primal Blueprint diet can really help, especially if you target the under 50g of daily carbs keto zone.

Check out the website MarksDailyApple.com - lots of great information there.
Insulin primarily tells the body to burn carbs. Carbs also increase the metabolism, helping to further burn carbs or fats. Many people lost weight and kept it off by eating carbs from healthy sources. So you're statement "in order to reduce your body fat, you need to reduce carbs" is erroneous, a dogma, fed by the sugar phobia that's been a fad for some time now.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Fat View Post
Insulin primarily tells the body to burn carbs. Carbs also increase the metabolism, helping to further burn carbs or fats. Many people lost weight and kept it off by eating carbs from healthy sources. So you're statement "in order to reduce your body fat, you need to reduce carbs" is erroneous, a dogma, fed by the sugar phobia that's been a fad for some time now.
I'm not stating that the only way to lose body fat for every person is by reducing carbs. This particular thread was a request for information about that topic, which is how I responded. For those people who are not insulin resistant, a reduction in calories will work. For those people who are insulin resistant, they MUST restore their body's insulin sensitivity in order to lose weight, which is done through a reduction in carbs, or intermittent fasting, or a combination of the two. We have an obesity crisis in this country and have since the 1970's when carb consumption went through the roof, and it got worse when we went to this ridiculous "eat 6x per day" rule where we keep our insulin levels spiked throughout the day. I strongly suggest you follow Dr. Robert Lustig (Sugar, the Bitter Truth), and Dr. Jason Fung (DietDoctor.com, IDMProgram.com). Dr. Fung is a nephrologist (Kidney doctor who specializes in T2D) who states that he can make anyone fat by prescribing insulin. Insulin is the hormone which tells the body to store excess glucose as fat. If On the flip side, if your pancreas fails and you have no blood insulin, you can eat 10,000 calories a day and slowly wither away to nothing because without insulin your body can't do anything with the blood glucose. He states emphatically that he is reversing obesity and diabetes in his patients not by prescribing more insulin (which he states is insane, considering the reason people develop diabetes is because they are insulin resistant and adding more insulin is not the answer- it's like giving an alcoholic more alcohol) but rather by making them more sensitive to insulin. He does it through carb reduction and intermittent fasting, and he has taken what much of western medicine terms a "chronic, progressive, incurable disease" to an absolutely reversible disease. For those who are insulin resistant (and not caused by type 1 diabetes) it is caused by diet, and it can be reversed by diet.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #8  

Here is a suggestion you can try.

Breakfast: Egg whites only as the yellow yoke causes colestrol, turkey bacon and oatmeal
Lunch: Turkey burger and can be mixed with avocado and try with multi wheat bread or gluten free bread
Dinner: At dinner time you can try a small portion of steak and with sweet potato and you can always add a bit of butter for flavor
thyroidpharma is offline   Reply With Quote