Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #1  
Ahhhhh

S/C/G: 222/151/145

Height: 5'5"

Question Dieting While Traveling

I am flying to visit my son at school from Wed to Sat. I'm very worried about staying on track because I cook everything I eat at home. Any advice from fellow chicks would be welcome.
BigFatMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

I am doing LCHF, so I do not know if it would pertain to you, but when travelling, I ignore restaurants and buy my food at grocery stores. I do not like restaurants because a lot of the food is sourced at warehouse where it is pre-cooked and thrown in a microwave. No one knows how it was made, or what is in it. At a Deli, I can get a slice of meat, like hard sausage, cheese, and a salad. I can get baked, not fried chicken. A can of tuna and salad fixings.

I guess it all depends on what kind of food you are looking to buy.

I always like to get a motel room with a small refrigerator in it.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #3  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

I also love to stop at a grocery store & get food for travel . We have been doing that for years. It is inevitable in some cases though that it's not feasible. When eating out while traveling I stick to grilled meat & veggie or salad w/oil & vinegar, mostly eggs for breakfast. Also--my goal when traveling isn't to lose -- it is to not gain. That's much more realizable for me. There's extra salt in travel foods & just so many variables out of my control. Just to maintain is a success. Happy traveling!

Last edited by mamajones; 10-02-2017 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Grammar
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Two strategies come to mind:

1) come up with a list of restaurants that you have found suitable meals that you can order. Go online and research their menus in advance. That way you have at least one "go-to" meal you know you can eat there that meets your dietary restrictions.

2) Get a hotel or AirBNB rental with a kitchen and continue to make all your own meals. This is likely what I will do when I travel, as I have developed some pretty serious food sensitivities and I don't trust restaurants to be able to stick to my needs. And wouldn't know if they didn't until I got sick.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #5  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Ditto on researching and planning -- make some decisions ahead of time if possible, so that you don't make a poor choice in the moment.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote