Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5ft 6in

Unhappy No idea where to start

Hello!

Just to start off, I'm Ryan, 15 years old, weigh 250 pounds and want to do something about it. I've always been overweight for my childhood, not one photo from around 3 years old onwards have I been of an average build. I'm outgrowing my clothes and whatever I try and do to lose weight, it never works for me. It's the same every time, I look at my weight, get depressed, say to myself I'll change, eat healthier for a few days, exercise then get bored of it and go back to my old ways. I always lose motivation for weight loss and I want to find a way that I can enjoy.

A personal trainer is out of the question because of money, lol. I just want a simple way to lose weight, not quickly, but for me to be able to drop a few stones by next summer.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section too, never used this forum before. :P

Much love!
Ryan.
ryanxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

The key is consistency, as you said you get bored and quit. If you keep up with it despite not seeing immediate changes, you will lose weight. Guaranteed! Eating healthfully and being active are the only ways you will be able to maintain any weight loss in the end. Focus on one day at a time and don't weigh in daily (make it weekly) if you get easily discouraged by lack of immediate results. I have heard a saying that goes "you will feel it in two weeks, see it in four weeks, and hear about it in six weeks". Give it time and make your changes into a lifestyle change and your body will follow suit.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Ryan.

My #1 advice is cut all the crap out of your diet. I recall as a teen the stuff I ate, and if you're anywhere similar, that would help you enormously. No more soda, chips or any junk food, no fast food, avoid processed foods period, avoid all products containing sugar or corn syrup. Avoid wheat products. I know as a teen you're at the mercy of what your parents buy and bring into the house, so hopefully they are at least somewhat health conscious. And you can always show them what you learn as you go through this journey- maybe you'll end up helping them improve their health as you improve yours!

I urge you to look at this website: MarksDailyApple. I learned more from that one website than any other, and it made a lasting impression on me. It will explain exactly why you need to avoid processed foods and many grains. If you want to know why you need to avoid sugary foods/drinks, watch this. It's long - an hour and a half- but it is life changing. I have never looked at sugar the same way, and it completely changed how I saw things in the grocery store.

Welcome to 3FC, and good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Welcome, Ryan.

My #1 advice is cut all the crap out of your diet. I recall as a teen the stuff I ate, and if you're anywhere similar, that would help you enormously. No more soda, chips or any junk food, no fast food, avoid processed foods period, avoid all products containing sugar or corn syrup. Avoid wheat products. I know as a teen you're at the mercy of what your parents buy and bring into the house, so hopefully they are at least somewhat health conscious. And you can always show them what you learn as you go through this journey- maybe you'll end up helping them improve their health as you improve yours!

I urge you to look at this website: . I learned more from that one website than any other, and it made a lasting impression on me. It will explain exactly why you need to avoid processed foods and many grains. If you want to know why you need to avoid sugary foods/drinks, watch . It's long - an hour and a half- but it is life changing. I have never looked at sugar the same way, and it completely changed how I saw things in the grocery store.

Welcome to 3FC, and good luck!
Thank you!

I would love to completely deny that I eat any junk food but...nah lol. I'm good with processed foods, my mother will only cook foods from scratch, we hardly have processed meals. Just portion sizes which are an issue too haha.

I've bookmarked the DailyApple site, had a quick skim thru it and it looks filled with info. Video I've also bookmarked for later, eager to watch it

Thanks once again for the resources!

Ryan.
ryanxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote