Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

Default I am really afraid about weighing myself on Monday.

When I was around 16, I was 180 pounds, and I told myself, at least I'm not over 200 pounds!

When I was 23, I was 280 pounds, and I told myself, at least I'm not over 300 pounds!

A few months ago, before my 28th birthday, I was 470, and I thought, at least I'm not 500 pounds.

You guys know how hard it is to make big changes. I've made so many changes, and my biggest inspiration isn't that I want to have kids, or have a dog, or travel, or even just be able to go up a flight of stairs without panting--it's just losing weight. When I step on a scale and see that I've lost weight, I feel so validated, and it makes the next week so much easier.

When I step on a scale and see that I've gained weight, I just feel hopeless, and helpless, and stuck, and I spiral. I make bad decisions, eat more (because I'm already fat anyway and might as well enjoy myself, right?) and hate myself.

So, I'm going to weigh myself on Monday, and I'm either going to feel amazing, like I can do anything, and that there's still hope for me to regain control over my life--or I won't. It's scary. And hard.
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/257/180

Height: 5'7

Oh yes i know it is hard. So hard. Really want the change. I do! and right now i am also just focusing on the progress. It took me a while to get to this weight so it gonna take me a while to get down. I want a New lifestyle not a diet. My hope is that when i go to the us again in a few years. It will be more comfortable on the trip and the stay.

I few years back i tried weight watchers. And they Said: you might not go to bed as a weight watcher. But you get up as one.
And when do what i earlier caractorised as a failure i know Pick myself up the next morning.

Last edited by Emma121; 09-02-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Emma121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/176/150

If I know I haven't been putting in the work or have been cheating alot, I don't even weigh myself. I don't want to get myself discouraged when I know everything I've done will result in gain and not loss. Usually, I'll wait until my clothes start feeling better and then weigh myself to validate that I've lost weight! It's a great motivation to keep making the right choices.
Wendiendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #4  

I wish i had the willpower not to hop on that scale.

Last edited by Emma121; 09-02-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

Ahh, I did it. 419! I lost 11 pounds. God, I've been so anxious. I'm sure I'll be biting my fingernails again next weekend, but for now I feel fine, and slightly validated--I turned down a lot of pasta this weekend! Thank you guys so much for your support. It really helped.
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #6  

Yaaaayyyyyy. Well done.