South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 05:59 AM   #1  
Mous

Angry Being Prepared at the Beach DAILY 9/3

BE PREPARED...what does this mean?

Are you prepared to meet the day?
Are you prepared to meet Franny's goals for the day?
Are you food prepared?
Are you prepared to think before you eat?
Are you prepared to do well?
Are you prepared for the changes that are coming?
Are you prepared to keep this WOE and WOL forever?
Are you prepared to be honest?
Are you prepared for the "little" Oh No's tht creep into every day?
Are you prepared for parties, buffets, gatherings, restaurants, movie theaters etc?
Are you prepared for the NEW YOU?

Think about these questions.

I AM PREPARED FOR WHATEVER IS AHEAD.

Today at 4:15 I go for my eye surgery. I am prepared for the surgery as I know I have friends here who are behind me and wishing me well. This will be my last chance to better my eyesight and I am prepared for good or not too good news. I know I will be in glasses, BUT I will have somewhat better sight and this is a + as I know I won't be going blind. This has been a LONG 9 months and I am not quite through yet, but with all of you for support I am prepared for all the months ahead that I have to go through.

Today's Motto is:

BE PREPARED

TY for being here for this Lady in Colorado

Marcie
Old 09-03-2003, 06:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Big hugs and prayers and healing thoughts are winging their way westward. Please be sure to let us know how it goes.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:27 AM   #3  
cranky & determined

Thumbs down

Good Morning Marcie , Ruthie & later arriving Chicksters!

Marcie, sending you lots of prayers and healing thoughts as well - for your op today and for your recovery.

I'm going to the opthamologist today and hope that stronger glasses can help b/c my vision has really gotten bad - just since my vacation. I inheritede MacD from my Mother (although she wasn't diagnosed with it until she was in her late 70s) and I'[m hoping and praying that new glassses will help correct what has happened to my vision recently. I'm going later this morning, but I'll be thinking of you this afternoon, for sure!

On a somewhat happier note, I'm going to my Pilates mat class this morning and hope I'll be ok as I broke my general rule of going to Pilates on an empty stomach and had a cup of coffee AND a flax waffle. Now I feel too full!

I've been counting 'points' along with following SBD and am planning to go to WW on saturday to get the new flex points material. I've been counting points all along w/SBD as I need the accountability.

S FLAKE! Thanks for that Doris Day quote on middle age yesterday! It's now my fav quote too.

OK, Beachssters, it's 6.24 and time to get going so I can do some time on the cross-trainer before the Pilates class. I'll check back in with y'all later.

BTW, we've got 64 degrees and rain so faar. .. seems like the weather just turned the switch to 'fall/autumn' right on cue after Labor Day... my favorite month is October as well.

Last edited by operadog; 09-03-2003 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:28 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Beach Beauties!!

Marcie, sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way today. I'm inspired by your positive attitude.

Operadog, you're such a good role model with all of your exercising. Good for you...I just need to follow your lead. Good luck with your appointment today too. And I'm seeing the same weather you are...59 degrees and rain here this morning...I agree, fall is here!

I'm not looking forward to my day....a girl who works a later shift (until 9:00 p.m.) called in sick for today, and right now I'm one of two who know how to cover that area (we've got another person in training right now). Anyway, the other person who covers is not available to work tonight, so I have to do it. That means I'll be going in a little bit later, about 10:00 or so, doing as much of my work as I can before 2:00, then moving over to do her job until 9:00. And in addition, I'll be training the new person....this is only her second day of training, which means a lot of extra work for me! Sorry for the whining, but I just needed to crab a little bit about it, and I can't do it at work since it would look pretty bad, not to mention be very unprofessional, considering I'm the supervisor. I need to shake my crabby mood before I get in to work today or I'll just be setting myself up for a bad day. And it's raining, so I can't even go out for a nice relaxing walk before work. (Wow, am I ever pessimistic today!!! )

I see there's lots of new posts since I was on the board yesterday, so reading them will keep my mind occupied for a while.

Enjoy your day Beauties!!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Marcie : I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers

Last edited by sflake; 09-03-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:02 AM   #6  

I will be thinking of you today Marcie!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:11 AM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Marcie, we will all be sending lots of good, healing thoughts your way as you concentrate on making your eyes stronger!

Your post about being prepared is SO true! I have found I can manage almost any obstacle or meet any challenge if I plan ahead. I play the "what if" game a lot. I think most of us do it, but we think "what if such and such happened?" and then we just fret about it. I try and say "what if?" and then come up with a workable solution to whatever the situation may be. Helps keep the worry quotient low.

Opera, sending "good eye vibes" your way as well! : Crosstrainer AND Pilates? Wow! You shame me!

2dog-you are allowed to gripe...just this once! Sometimes knowing you are going to have a rough day just makes it worse...all that anticipation! Hang in there!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day, and manage to be prepared for whatever life throws your way!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:12 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Marcie, DH and I will be saying prayers for you today. love and hugs...

Back later, loves... must get the children off to school...
Old 09-03-2003, 08:31 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! This Beach is getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon we will need our own "exclusive" category like Sugar Busters. (We will have to screen people so riff-raff don't get in. You know who you are!)

I am revamping my morning schedule and got a good start today. The oven is on self-clean, the dishwasher is emptied, laundry is put away, Hershey is tiddled up for work and the kitchen is spiffed up. I even went out and picked some sunflowers to brighten the morning. Now it's ME time for a bit.

Yesterday Marcie talked about attitude. I am amazed at how mine can change over one little comment from someone. I went to see my Avon Lady (who may joinus, by the way at Joyce) and she mentioned that I looked good and had obviously lost weight. That just set me up for the rest of the afternoon. I wasn't even tempted to buy the very fresh red licorice when I was shopping! The scale is even down this morning. I'm back at 198 so my signature is no longer an "untruth"!

I'm off to my first music lesson of the season. I did not practice one damned bit over the summer and did not get my transpositions or alto writing done. Ah well. Morna is a very sweet, human and forgiving teacher and will go easy on me.

Have a super day.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #10  
Mous

Default With Love

Marcie

Anna,

What a road to have to travel. I understand your McD and I will say a prayer for good news. Thank God there are glasses and new treatments to help.

Hugs,
Marcie
Old 09-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Marcie-Sending good vibes your way for the surgery today. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Anna-Good luck to YOU also with your appointment. I'm starting to understand the saying, "Aging is NOT for sissies." Just thought it would happen when we were older!!!!

2Dog-Hey sweetie, EVERYONE is allowed to vent once in a while. Having to change your shift at short ntice is a PAIN!!!

Ruth-I promise to be good!! Please let me stay even though I am riff raff!!!!
MAN, I'm hardly awake yet and you've accomplished all kinds of things. I dropped the kids off, but had to come home midway through the run because DS16 forgot his glasses. I VANT TO GO (back) TO SLEEP!!!!!

Ellis-Have a great day sweetie!!

Franny, Whimsey, Sflake, and all the rest of you beach beauties.....HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #12  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Good Morning All

Well, I did not cave in yesterday afternoon - I had the illustrious Diet Coke (thanks Franny) instead

I went home and had my dinner...only problem is I am really starting to want some chocolate - not ricotta cheese/mocha chocolate - CHOCOLATE

Bought some of those low-sugar peppermint patties last night - but i tend to get in trouble with those - all the sugar alcohols and my digestive system do not get along (use your imagination) - so, i did go over the 75 calorie rule last night

Hopefully it won't come back to bite me in the a$%. ha ha

ahh...only 8:00 am and already I am ready to go home...

have a great day to all!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 AM   #13  
Imagine...

Lucky13~Have you tried the no sugar added fudgesicles? they are pretty good and get me thru my choc. craving.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Ladies

Marcie~~Planning is crutial and your eyesight is presious. I applaud you for having the courage to improve your future vision. You will be in my prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. If we don't see you on the board tomorrow morning, we will know that you are resting your eyes and thinking up some of your very insightful posts for our future. :

Ruth~~Onederland, here you are!!!!!

Anna~~~Sending out positive "eye vibes" : to you, also.

2Dog~~You can always vent here with us. That's what friends are for

Franny~~~You and Anna are my inspiration to get into an exercise routine. Thanks

Ellis~~Do something today that is just for YOU.

Whinsey, Sflake and all to come later~~have a great day at the beach

Sorry to run out of here yesterday so fast, but who would have thought that the installers would actually arrive on time They got here at 8:30 and didn't leave until 12:30. All that for a TV and satellite install. When they left, I had 3 remote control units and 4 different manuals for all of this cr*p~~"Oh, no! What button did he tell me to press??" It was like trying to get a new computer set up and learn how to use it. At 3PM I realized that I had not eaten anything all day. No wonder I had a headache

Today is much better I have a work meeting in Atlanta this afternoon, and while I'm there I need to pick up some wedding gifts. But before I leave this house I plan on going downstairs to exercise.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:08 AM   #15  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Sflake:

no - I have not tried the SF fudgicles just yet - that's a good idea - I will definitely look into that.

my problem is i may have a tendency to eat more than one at a time! so, we'll see how I do with the candies before moving on -

thanks for the tip!

Emily
Closed Thread