South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 01:38 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Action Challenge, Day 7

Okay recruits, you've been at Beach Boot Camp (Slipper Camp for you squeamish few) for a week now, but it's not over!
Time to make those fat cells run like the lilly livered cowards they are! Remember, fat is not your friend. I repeat, FAT IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. Your job is to know the enemy, his weaknesses, his strengths. And then you are to destroy....that's right, seek out and destroy through any means possible! If that means eating on plan, you WILL eat on plan! If that means drinking your weight in water daily, you WILL drink that water! And if it means sweating like a tall glass of cold lemonade on a hot July Day, then you WILL sweat! Do I make myself clear? I repeat, do I make myself clear? I can't hear you!

This drill sergeant was perusing yesterday's posts and was pleased to see that all of you included exercise or activity in your daily goals...now that's the way to SEEK AND DESTROY those fat cells! Keep up the good work, troops.

Day 6 goals:

1. Eat OP...even at the PTO Tea this morning! Maybe I should eat before I go? I DID IT! I ate OP all day, even the PTO Tea! I am really pleased.
2. Drink less coffee, more water. I had only 2 cups of decaf, and a ton of water!
3. 3 mi WATP tape, maybe even 4 mi! I did the 4 mile tape! The first mile was a drag but it got better.
4. Fix myself a nice lunch and not just grab whatever is handy. Okay, tuna salad may not seem too fancy, but for me, on a day off, it is a gourmet meal!
Activity: WATP 4 mi - 60 min.

Day 7 goals:

1. OP...that should go without saying by now!
2. Exercise...same here.
3. Water...ditto.
(I'm going to start referring to these 3 goals as the "trinity." Seems like they are the same everyday! )

4. Get back into by "early to bed" routine after 3 days off.

I'm waiting for the truly brave amoung you to post your activity times!

Have a great, challenge meeting, fat cell banishing kind of day!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sliding in wearing my pink bunny slippers :lol:

absolutely pure clean eating on program
- two walks - leaving for the first one in a minute
- water, water, water
- think positive thoughts and get myself out of this "why bother" funk. The scale WILL move eventually.

I did three walks yesterday because I snuck in a small one after leaving the dentist. Food was good and water was improved but still not enough. I am out of my funk and have a squeaky clean attitude. So...yesterday was a good day! 9780 steps!

Today I'll do The Trinity! It's a hectic day so I am going to have to work to get those walks in. Right now I am going to prepare stuff for a quick lunch at noon, after music and before Hershey goes to work!
Old 09-03-2003, 07:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I've got my Birkenstocks on, Franny...

I did great with my water. Great with my pedometer walking. And stayed op other than the fact that I ate 3 bags of pistachios.
I don't want to, but I'm going to the gym this morning. I REALLY don't want to. REALLY. DON'T. WANT. TO.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:39 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Did good yesterday drank my water
ate op
only had 2 diet pepsi
exercise

Same goals for today, but I will exercise
Old 09-03-2003, 07:50 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

I did pretty well yesterday. Ate only phase 1 foods, documented everything on fitday, dranks lots of water, and walked on my breaks at work (which amounted to a total of about 30 minutes, not wonderful, but not too bad for a couch potato). And, I felt good about myself at the end of the day yesterday!!

Today I'm going to do the same as above. My day is going to be a little messed up because of a screwy work schedule today, but i should be able to stick to the plan.

Today I'm also going to remember to wear my pedometer to work so that I can start keeping track of the number of steps that I'm taking, and try to increase that each week.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:09 AM   #6  

I'm not going. It's only my second day off, and I feel like crap, and DH has tomorrow off and we're going to the gym together. Think I'm getting a cough. And my muscles are still killing me. And I had a bad sleep... dreamed that my Dad died. The end.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 AM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Aw, Ellis! You need a day off, sweets! Just take it easy and rest up for tomorrow.

And if you tell anyone I was nice to you I will deny, deny, deny!

PS-I just bought my first pair of Birkies last month and adore them! It must be the latent hippie in me!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 AM   #8  
Imagine...

ohhh Ellis ~ sorry for the bad dream hun, they can be so upsetting. I don't balme you for taking another day for yourself it was a long summer you certainly need more then 1 day to yourself.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 AM   #9  
In Control: E+R=O

Ellis
Old 09-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY ELLIS!! You need a few days just to fully KNOW at the cellular level that your time is your own for a while. I, on the other hand, am STILL having problems getting stuff done and it has been a WEEK. TIME TO GET MYSELF MOVING!!!! Hey-your Dad is FINE. That dream is just the fear talking, so don't let it freak you out too much. xxoo
Old 09-03-2003, 09:11 AM   #11  

Oh, you sweet girls. I thought for sure someone would tell me to get to the gym. Bless you.

(Franny, just don't wear SOCKS with those Birkenstocks, right, Den? Except for in the winter. When no one is around. )
Old 09-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY!! I wear socks with them!! (But only in the winter when no one else is around.....snicker.....)
Old 09-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #13  

Ellis ... No one says we have to exercise when we don't want to, its just not worth it!!! What a freaky dream about your dad ... don't be spooked ... I just woke up after dreaming I found a baby girl and had to get her back to her parents before I had to log in at work ... weird, weird, weird .... now I'm gonna be looking for baby girls abandoned around every corner ...

And my son wears socks with those Adidas slip on sandle things ... (he'll even wear them to school!!!)

Goals for today same as always but I'm going to add an extra serving of vegetables at dinner ... I usually end up eating meat and salad ...
Old 09-03-2003, 03:36 PM   #14  

Default Re: Action Challenge, Day 7

Quote:
Originally posted by frannymae
I'm waiting for the truly brave amoung you to post your activity times!

Is it okay if I count my pedometer steps as exercise? I don't have a time...

Monday: 11 000
Tuesday: 10 000 +

I'll give you a time tomorrow after I go to the gym...
Old 09-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #15  

Hi chicks...

Ellis....sorry about your bad dream...

Well...I just got back from the gym..lower body workout
Will walk 2 miles tonight....I've been doing that every day

My goals each day remain the same:

Drink my h2o
follow Phase 2
Go to the gym during lunch hour
Walk 2 miles daily, try to do it 2x day if possible

Franny.....you have been great!! Thanks

Di