Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:09 PM   #1  

Question low fat and low carb dessert?

Hiya,
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for a low fat (less than 2-3 g. p/s) low carb dessert...? I would really appreciate it!

Beth
Old 09-03-2003, 11:32 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Sugar Free Jello?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:41 PM   #3  

Vegetables with salsa or fat-free cream cheese or fat-free low sugar salad dressing.

Ricotta cheese with lemon, lime or cocoa added for flavor.

Fat-Free Sugar-Free Creamsicles or fudge bars.

Don't do desserts myself except for once a week.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Seen this on another board - sound yummy.
FF coolwhip, banana, strawberries & chocolate sauce (makes a light banana split) Haven't tried this yet, but I will.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:10 PM   #5  

A light dessert that I have made is with sugar free jello and you make it a directed, you let it chill until it is soupy (starting to get solid but not quite yet.) The mix in a 8 oz container of light or fat free cool whip and mix with mixer. Then put it in the fridge to chill. It is great! It have replaced ice cream for me!! well it is a close second anyways!!! lol
Old 09-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #6  

I have made the "light" banana split dessert Bandit is talking about and its very good! I definately recommend that one!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:34 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Mix a small box of jello with one brick of lowfat or fat free cream cheese...let it melt. Wisk it in so all the pieces dissolve, add the cold water and cool. It will take a bit to set up, but it is creamy and tasty.

Sans Sucre makes lowfat mousse. If you have a dinner party you can make the chocolate mouse, slice strawberries, line wine glasses with the strawberry slices, scoop in the mouse, top with fresh strawberries and fresh mint......I sprinkle just a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg or cocoa powder to give the impression of sugar. I have served this with port wine for desert and no one even knew it was low fat/low cal/ low carb!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:18 AM   #8  

There is a brand of whipped cream that sells a chocolate flavor. It comes in a aerosal can. It tastes wonderful. It is low-fat/low-carb by nature if you don't eat too much. It is nice to be able to sprlurge a little here and there to avoid cravings. LOL. It sounds gross, but if you put a spray or two in a cup and eat it alone, it tastes like mousse.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:51 PM   #9  

sugar free hersheys choc syrup with fruit. bananas and strawberries are my fave... oranges can be good.

i also like Fruit2o's frozen ice cups in lemon and raspberry. no fat, 40 calories, and i believe its fairly low in carbs and i believe sugar free.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:15 PM   #10  

I agree w/ funkmaster, that sounds great. Also, one thing I have done is to make/buy normal desserts, and share with others so that you do not eat more than you should. It helps to reduce cravings, and allows you to get rid of the excess that calls your name from the fridge.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #11  

mixing fat free or lowfat cottage cheese or plain yogurt with sf jelly or some berries

protein shakes

protein bars (some taste almost like candy bars, i like balance, zone, or think thin bars)
Old 10-28-2003, 07:31 PM   #12  

oh yeah..soy slender soymilk..its sweetened with splenda. 4 grams carbs per cup.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally posted by chops
mixing fat free or lowfat cottage cheese or plain yogurt with sf jelly or some berries

protein shakes

protein bars (some taste almost like candy bars, i like balance, zone, or think thin bars)
Be careful though... just because it is marketed as a protein bar, doesn't mean it is healthy. Most of these ARE just candy bars. Remember though, it is not going to kill oyu to eat one or two a week. Just keep up the good work and it will be fine...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:21 AM   #14  

Smile

Have you tried shakers? They are like a milkshake on a stick (frozen) and only 1pt. for all you weight watchers out there.
Soooo yummy
Closed Thread