Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 06:18 PM   #1  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Talking Halloween Challenge

Now that the Labor Day Challenge is finished it's time for a new one! We all want to be ready for the holidays, and be in shape before the holidays start, so it's time to use the fall to the best advantage! [pep talk over]

Here's the plan (same as the other challenges, because it works!)

- Set your own goals and strive each day to stick to them.
- You must have a way to measure your success, be it # on the scale, tape measuring, # of days/week you get to the gym, # of days OP, etc.

We've got over 8 weeks until Halloween, we can do this!
Old 09-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/8/13

Okay here's my plan:

Goals & Measurements:
1. My goal for 10/31/03 is 149 - 12 pounds down from where I am now is 1.5 pounds/week.

How I'm planning to achieve them:
1. Cardio 5x/week (gym or walking)
2. Toning 3x/week (yoga video, pilates video, free weights)
3. Staying under 1500 calories 4 days/week
Old 09-02-2003, 11:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Default I'm Up for the Challenge...count me in!

I'm in...I can do this!

Angie~I am in for the challenge. What a great idea.

Okay...here are the things I am trying to achieve and then how I'm going to do it.

At my Weigh-In tonight I was 213.4 pounds. I would like to be at 199 pounds by Hallowe'en. That's 14.4 pounds to lose in 8 weeks. Definitely possible.

Motivation~my motivation to lose this 14.4 pounds is WEDDING DRESSES. I would like to start trying on wedding dresses and figure 14.4 pounds will put me into a size 15/16...which will take me out of the plus sizes and allow me to try on regular size Wedding dresses.

How I'm going to do it~ here's where I tend to have trouble, so I need some help on this part.

1) Eat my points target each day and don't go over my weekly Flex Points...no little rewards, no little treats 'because I deserve it.' I must be strict with myself.

2) Start going back to the gym - whether I do cardio, weights or swim, I must become more active and start going back. No more 'I'll start tomorrow' no more 'I'm too tired to go' no more EXCUSES...just do it.

3) I must start weighing and measuring my food.
4) Drink my 4 litres of water each and every day, no excuses
5) Journal everything I eat
6) Don't eat past 8:00 pm every night...no excuses.

So that's my goal...14.4 pounds in 8 weekw, will take me to onederland and that much closer to trying on wedding gowns.

Kim...you can do this...let's get tough with yourself and just DO IT!

Thanks...I needed this. Now to stick to it. I will be tough, but encouraging with everyone else if you will do the same to me. Let's do this together.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Of course I'm in! My goals are to lose at least a pound a week & to become a consistent exerciser.

I'm on my way with eating. My plan for the exercise is start mall walking in the am with one of my friends. We're going to keep each other going. I'm going to use the scale as a measure as well as how I feel. My reward for succeeding at this challenge is a new book purchase I'm gonna do it!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:07 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default One-derland!

Humber, you inspired me girl!! I was back down at WI yesterday to 208.4. I am 8.4 away from the magical onederland. And I have never been down there for more than one WI. So my goal is to get down to the 190's and STAY THERE.

I'd like to get to 199 on or before I go to CUBA on Oct 11 and stay there til Hallow's eve (and beyond)...

How:

- Honest Journalling
- Journal on Weekends
- Increase weight training activity
- attend meetings

OK let the games begin (OK they already did but I wasn't playing yet...)

Are we doing weekly check ins??
Old 09-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Let's see where to start...

1. Hope fully I will have lost all the weight for my mini goal which is to lose 22 lbs which will bring down to 300 *so add another 7 lbs to that for halloween*

2. More journaling

3.Eat more veggies and fruit

4. Do my rider for at least 15 mins a day...
Old 09-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #7  

Thumbs up

Greetings I would like to join the Holloween Challenge. It's been about two years since I've been to 3fatchicks.com. I lost 50 pounds using weight watchers on line, and then last year, I stopped my WW, stopped my working out and I have gained back 26 of the 50 lost.

I know I've got to get it under control or I will keep going back up. My goal at this moment is very simple. Today is my first day and my goal each day is to stick within my points. I still have been unable to find the energy to workout in the evening, but I'm hoping maybe tonight I can at least do a very short 20 minute Pilates tape. I hope you don't mind me joining your challenge and I look forward to reading your emails. Thanks. Faith
Old 09-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #8  

oh i forgot - sorry
Last summer I was down to 177, and now I am 203. My goal is to lose 1 pound (hopefully 2) a week. Thanks. Faith
Old 09-04-2003, 08:54 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Since we are leaving on vacation in the middle of the night on Halloween/Nov. 1, my goal is actually a vacation goal. I wanted to be down 20 pounds from my high baby weight, but it took me forever to get into the groove. I am still rooting for that. I officially weigh tomorrow to see where I am at! I know I probably won't lose that much, but that was my original goal, so I think I will stick to it and see where it takes me.

I didn't really gain anymore weight with this PG, it just never came off and I started out higher than with my first. I want to be back where I was before Emma was born, I was happy at that weight, even tho it wasn't a goal weight.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 AM   #10  
Running Babe

Heya all,

For Halloween, I would like to fit comfortably into all of my winter clothes, which will be possible. My weight right now is 157lbs, so I'd like to lose 7lbs to be 150, but the ultimate would be to lose 9lbs and be 148!

My goals are:

STAY OP ALL THE TIME!! With Flexpoints I should be able to, being OP all the time got me to goal.

Get back under my WW goal: I am back within freebie weigh-in range now, but I want to become a leader so I need the scale to budge down a bit more!

Get back into the workout groove: jogging outside this time of year is just awesome. Hopefully we'll have a beautiful long fall!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-04-2003, 01:21 PM   #11  

hey guys...

i am definatally in with the halloween challenge...my goals are

1. to loose 16 lbs, bringing me down to 246
2. cardio at least 3x week
3. to drink more water along with my crystal light
Old 09-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #12  

Well, I have decided to join the halloween challenge. So, Here it is. I would like to lose 7 lbs by then and increase my exercise to 2 days a week ( I know that isn't much, but it is more than I'm doing now ) I want to walk for 20 to 30 min. twice a week. I would also like to stay on program 6 days out of the week and only use 28 flex points a week.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:55 AM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok I am ready for the Halloween Challenge!

1. Stay OP using flex of course!

2. Exercise 4x/wk

3. 7wks/go on the challenge so I will say I want to lose 14lbs

Ok good luck ladies!

Last edited by Grace, Grace; 09-18-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:59 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

If I don't get pregnant, I want to be at 175 by Halloween.

To do that I need to actually stay OP, and exercise more than once a week!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:58 AM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Just bringing up the challenge as a reminder WE can do this girls!!!
Closed Thread