Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/208/150

Height: 5'5"

Red face Trying to find myself again!

So let's start here.

My name is Veronica. I am 29 yrs old. I am married for almost 2 yrs. Before I met my husband I hit my goal weight (or was pretty damn close to it). I was taking adipex that helped control my eating habits, which also helped me lose weight. I used to weight 225lbs (biggest I have ever been). After taking adipex for 4 months I lost about 60-65lbs. I was so thrilled, I was feeling sexy again and it was amazing. I was able to keep that weight off for a total of 1 yr. Well when I met my husband (in Jan 2013) I was 165lbs. Over the past 5 yrs, I have gained back 43lbs. I feel gross, unsexy and just plain UGLY (even though I have NUMEROUS people telling me im beautiful) I don't feel beautiful. So now im going back on my journey to try and get my weight back under control without the help of adipex.

I am going to start using Slimfast shakes to replace heavy meals in my life hoping that it will help me not be hungry all the time. Today starts day 1. I drank a creamy chocolate shake this morning at 6am and so far (746am) I am not hungry. I mean I could eat if I really wanted to, but I'm not starving like I normally am (which is good for me). I am trying to drink more water as well instead of my typical Diet Coke (man I love diet coke). I decided to join this forum to try and hold myself accountable for my actions. I figured if I could write out what I'm feeling and get some insight from other users who have been through the same thing, they can help guide me in a better direction than I am going.

My goal is not only to lose the extra 58lbs I have to shed, but also to get my body in a healthy state so that my husband and I can eventually have children. I have PCOS so being overweight is not healthy to become pregnant. I appreciate so much to be apart of an amazing group!
msred2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Hello and welcome! Slimfast can work, I used it at one point and lost 20 lbs that I kept off for several years. Good luck!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/208/150

Thanks so much! That means a lot!
msred2987 is offline   Reply With Quote