Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #1  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

Default New or Deja Vu?

Hello there! I am on a weight loss journey and I have been here before....my last journey was in 2009 to 2011 and I was a member here. I thought it would be ok to start with a new name and profile since I can not remember the username I used lol. I do remember the wonderful support, shared stories and knowledge that I gained from fellow losers.

I had previous lost over 80 lbs and maintained that for a number of years quite easily. Health issues and life events over the past couple of years have led to gaining some of that weight back. That is ok as I know I can get back to my goal weight and better health overall.

Focusing on healthy meal choices, rejoining this forum and keeping a food diary/journal are the steps I am taking to reach my goal at this time. I am happy to be on the journey and know I am not alone
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #2  

Hello HydraWoman,

I am on a similar boat as you are--lost the weight in the past but in my case gained it all, and even more back Was going through some excruciatingly difficult stuff in life and used food for comfort which led to the situation I am in today. I am borderline obese class I. I am also an ex smoker and when I quit for good after several failed attempts, I did so through the wonderful help of a support forum kind of like this one. So I figured that I could also reach out to other people in my situation. This time the first thing I've done is setting a SMART goal to loose the weight that puts me at risk of weight-related diseases. Once I reach that goal, I will reconsider whether I need to loose more weight and set a new goal. I hope I can find support in my weight loss journey here and give support to others as well. Good luck to us all.

Weight loss journey began July 20th, 2017
Pacerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #3  

Hi, Hydrawoman, I like your plan. Healthy meal choices and keeping a journal are both in my plan also. Good luck!
LivesInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #4  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

We can do this and thank you two for the feedback! Pacerine, I am sorry that you went thru hard times and glad you are here too. I would have to say that the year of 2016 was the most difficult and painful year for me in my life and I am going to be 53 this year! I still feel a bit sad and bitter about some things although I am much more confident in my life at this time and I know that will continue to improve. Loss, betrayal, grief, etc has taken me some time to deal with but taking control of my personal health and wellness has been quite empowering for me. I think your goals are great and kudos on quitting on the nicotine!
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #5  

Thank you for your kind words, HydraWoman! Yes, we can totally do this! Happy Saturday!
Pacerine is offline   Reply With Quote