South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Beach Chat July 10th - July 14th

Good morning today looks like a perfect beach day....if only I lived near the beach!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 AM   #2  

Good morning and welcome to another week on the beach. Since summer is in full swing I decided to check my beach weight (TILT LOL). I knew it would be bad, but WHOA what have I done. Already mentally prepared for my 30 day challenge with John. Whipped up a batch of quinoa yesterday that will be used to make a salad. Had a great salad from Whole Foods recently. My plan is to recreate it. I have a 25 mile ride scheduled for next Friday. My short term goal is to get back to where I was before my trip. I know some of my recent gain is water weight, but not all of it lol. Since most of us are regrouping maybe it would be a good idea to start posting our meals again and weight loss goals. Any thoughts?

Nothing really on the agenda except getting prepared to go back to work tomorrow (boo). My son gave me a DVD of their training. To say I was amazed watching it is an understatement. He did not complain about any of it. Although he said repelling down a 44' wall was frightening until he got the hang of it. Made me realize I need to stop making excuses and get my food / exercise back under control. I want to be able to do 1 (that's right one) Army push up before he finishes this part of his training.

Hope everyone eases into the week. I wonder if the new bride is taking a honeymoon after the hectic planning for the big day.

Debbie I love how you freeze the berries!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, already got my walk in and breakfast and now getting ready for first conference call. Not too much on the agenda for today.

Jekel I managed op day yesterday, I know mental 1 day of offplan food should not account for 3 lbs on the scale but it did, so I got 1 off and now working on the other 2. I have less than 30 days before cruise so will be working on staying op. Glad you were able to watch a video of their training, nice that they do that now.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks!

Had to go to work this morning but now I'm having a minute of relax time. It is rainy today so soon I will head to the basement to do an exercise tape. Yesterday's rain didn't come until over night so DH and I took a walk and then he got some mowing done.

Jennifer, I was also thinking about a "keep me honest" type of post: WL goal and some meal planning. I'm going to add a ticker and maybe I'll start a food thread. I spent some time re-reading the P1 food list, looking at menus and also on Kalyn's site. There's a faux potato salad recipe I might have to try!

Debbie, I freeze berries the same way. I picked a pint of blueberries from our bushes so far; I will freeze some, especially this week when I am trying to do a clean P1.

Pearlrose, I hear you on the scale situation! It's amazing to me how a day or two of off plan eating can result in 2-3 quick pounds! And it seems like I woke up extra hungry today just because I told myself I was getting back on track today.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #5  

Beth I saw the recipe too. Looks VERY good!!!

Pearlrose hope your calls went well.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I've been up for an hour. I work early today. I've mostly been drinking coffee sitting outside but will get a few chores done before I leave. I did start reading about security systems this morning. Our cabin in Alaska will be coming empty August 1. It's a blessing, the first time in 14 years. We've been very fortunate. I am really hoping that Kirk's cousin, the doctor, will be interested in renting it for the times she is in town. I believe she's been staying in a motel for years. That would be Great, however she travels a lot and I still think we need some security. It's right in town on a very secluded area of the beach and since our tenant had many beach fire parties people know where it is and also will know that she's gone.

Being honest, I'm up 5 pounds from my goal weight. And it was a few more, but I've been working to get things under control. I'm only eating phase 2 foods, logging what I eat, and I have a friend that I am texting with every day working on getting through the difficult moments when I tend to over eat. so far so good.

OK. Have a great day everyone! I am going to go upstairs and vacuum.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me but pretty much have the day booked up with conference calls. Went for a walk already and getting ready for first call. Tonight need to color my hair, nothing else on the agenda it is so hot and muggy you just want to stay inside, almost 100 degrees.

Debbie sounds like all of us are recommitting to eating healthy

Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #8  

Good afternoon, chicks. I checked in this morning but I guess I got distracted before posting.

Low key day today: spent a good portion of the morning cleaning the house. Always a good feeling to get that done. I may do some yard work later.

Pearlrose, that is hot! Very smart to get your walk in early.

Debbie, hope the cabin situation works out. Have a good day at work.

Jennifer, may your work day go smoothly. Are you glad you can avoid Penn Station this summer?

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #9  

Beth you're darn right about that!!! LOL I dread cleaning the house in the summer. I would much rather be outside. Hope you got some outside time in.

Debbie no one is perfect. Your life is quite hectic lately (ok always lol) Glad you put the brakes on. I'm logging everything too. Helps me to be accountable with myself

Pearlrose I don't envy your heat at all. It hit 100 when we were in Georgia. That's too hot for me.

Today was the NYPD funeral. Her daughter spoke beautifully about her mom. Clearly she was loved and admired by so many. It was a long service and hot. Literally the sweat was rolling down my arms and collecting in my gloves lol. I was very glad to cool off in the car on the ride back.

Day 2 and so far so good. OP and vegetarian. One day at a time. It was tough this morning. There is never a shortage of food at police funerals. So many departments bring their "canteen" trucks and serve a variety of delectable but unhealthy food lol. I had a Larabar and a 100cal pack of cashews on me. Not going to lie it was tough resisting, but I did. LOL I did drink my weight in water today so that is an accomplishment.

Have a great night.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Another scorcher day almost 100 degrees and I have to go into work today, thank goodness for a/c. DD2 has art class this evening and that is it for agenda.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:31 AM   #11  

Good morning! I have to go to work this morning as well. I have completed 2 days of OP eating and am looking to put a third one in the books.

Pearlrose, that would be a bit much for me; yes, hooray for AC.

Jennifer, a tough day for you. You probably heard about the trooper killed upstate; the news was showing clips of the procession; so sad. Good job on resisting the food temptations!

Happy Peak of the Week!
Old 07-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #12  

Dinner time check in...

Beth it was nice at the funeral yesterday NYPD Commisoner O'Neill thanked the NYS Troopers in attendance and offered his condolences. Very tough week for law enforcement and the military. One of the Marines who died in the airplane crash is from Rockland County. I am certain we wil send officers to his funeral too. Hope you didn't have to work long today. I imagine you have the humidity we do (yuck)

Pearlrose glad your agenda is pretty free today. Too hot for me!

Today is day 3 of clean eating. The scale is coming down slowly which is good to see. I ordered a cookbook from Amazon today. One of my co workers made meatless tacos and from what I hear they were delicious. He sent me the recipe. I plan on making them next week as I am all set for this week with food.

My landscaper came to give me an estimate to replace my walkway and do some stucco work to the patio wall and foundation. We had a little language barrier, luckily for me my sister is fluent in Spanish. She spoke to him over the weekend for me about something else. He is going to call her tonight with the estimate. I really need to get this done. Keeping my fingers crossed its not too expensive. I would rather give them the work than shop around. They have been my landscapers for 7 years and not once have they raised my rates. They did my neighbor's steps and landing a few weeks ago. Looks good so I know they can do the job.

Time to pack my lunch for tomorrow. Stay cool chicks
Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone. This is our summer of cool and rain; it's cloudy right now although I don't think we got much rain overnight. I have to go to work this morning. For those who asked, it is a 3 hour shift 4 days a week. This is a trial format for us this year and I was willing to be a guinea pig for a few extra dollars.

Eating was mostly good yesterday, although we went to the farmer's market to look for berries and I picked up corn for dinner at DH's urging. I figure I've got to have a couple ears each summer.

Jennifer, hope the yard estimate wasn't too bad! Home ownership is expensive.

Have a good day, everyone.

Last edited by Beth19; 07-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Short note typing on my phone. Leave in 10 min to take mom to appt. rainy here. Day 5 100% OP. BBL
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #15  

Good morning,

It was already 76 degrees when I went for my walk this morning, I never saw so many other walkers before that early, guess they were trying to get in before it hits 100 again, yesterdays high was 103 without heat index. A/C is running like no ones business. I am wfh today, I have my orthopedic surgeon appt today regarding my partial tear in my arm, so let's see what he says.

Beth that doesn't sound too bad for extra money this summer.

Debbie yeah for staying op, I was going to do Phase 1 but decided to do Phase 2 and just stay op with that.

Jekel hope the landscape estimate is reasonable, did I mention we have a snake living in our yard right now, he likes to leave his skin and part of his dinner (mouse) laying around. Did I mention I am scared to death of snakes and he is sneaky and if you spot him by the time you get back with something to relocate him he is gone like the wind.....