South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekend Thread July 8-9

I'm up and I've got coffee!
Any busy chicks that need a cup or two?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #2  

So it poured much of the night and looks to continue into today. Guess that means no lawn mowing for DH and no weeding for me. I am okay with a break from that chore although I only have a small section left. Then I get to work at deciding about re-arranging vs removing one section that looks pretty blah. It's on the far side of the lawn and DH suggested a few flowering bushes...Perhaps I will spend part of my rainy day visiting some garden centers!

Thinking of our traveling chicks and the bride....Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful day here and humidity is supposed to be lower today whew because yesterday it was muggy. We went and saw Spider Man last night DH, DD2 and I it was good. Today is DD2 birthday so going to clean the house and then we are running to get her bd cake and her party/sleepover starts at 5 p.m. Thinking of Ruth today, I hope everything goes smoothly and safe travels to Jekel.

Beth indoor garden centers sounds good

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I am back and recharged. Already did my work out. My son seems so happy what a wonderful transition. It is amazing what our soldiers go through. Yesterday he travelled by bus from Georgia to VA. They arrived safely. It will be a while before I hear from him again. He is in good hands and this mamma couldn't be prouder (is that a word). Lots of happy tears the past few days and I didn't snap at my ex lol.

Wishing the blushing bride a beautiful day and many years of happiness.

I will catch up on posts later today. Hope everyone is well. Missed my chicks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg (24.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (25.2 KB, 9 views)
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thinking of our bride today!

Beth, thanks for getting us started this morning. We've had some rain the past few days so I shut the sprinklers off. I did remember to water the greenhouse before I left last night. Garden centers always sounds good to me. Have fun!

Rose, happy birthday to DD! Have a fun day and the house will be nice and clean. Yay! It was much cooler in Denver yesterday. Back to hot today. It was sure nice

Jennifer, I'm so happy for your family! It sounds like DS is doing so well and quite happy! Welcome back to routine. LOL

So I traveled early this morning. I left the Eastside about 515. I've already picked almost a gallon of berries. I'm going to make a quick run into town to see if I can find some Kubota squash seeds. Then I will just stay home and clean and organize today. I sent my friend a message to see if she wanted to go to the pool but I haven't heard back. If she doesn't contact me I will just stay home.. The pool can live without me for a day.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Pearlrose did DD enjoy her birthday? How many girls slept over?

Debbie what are your plans for the berries? That's a lot of berries!!

Beth did you get to work in your garden yesterday.

Not much on the agenda today. It is a beautiful day here. Trying to get my mindset back to basics with getting OP. Today I am going to Joe's for dinner. He is making fettuccini alfredo with chicken and broccoli. Definitely not OP lol. My buddy John and I have agreed to a 30 day vegetarian challenge. We are supposed to start Monday which should help as I don't want to lose lol.

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and well wishes for DS. We texted last night he is getting settled in his new base. Monday he starts the next training component which is 13 weeks. He "should" get weekend passes unless they screw up. I hope to get see him mid way through his training and again at graduation. He looks great (thinner lol) and smiles constantly. We all noticed positive changes. DS gave me a video to hold onto for him of their training. Absolutely incredible to watch! I was so impressed!

Time for one more cup then getting my work out in. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Jennifer, good for you on your 30 day vegetarian challenge. I think I am actually going to challenge myself to eating out of the freezer and pantry for 30 days. I use the raspberries in my smoothie all year. I actually have a big bag left from last year's which is good because I may not get as many this year. Just timing Since Kirk is away and I have to travel to pick. As soon as I pick I freeze them on cookie sheets for freezing. Then I transfer them to bags once they're frozen. It means they stay intact and separated so I can easily scoop out of bags for my smoothie.

I did very little after I picked yesterday, at 6 PM my sister asked if I wanted to go have Indian food with her. It was a long drive and I was feeling exhausted so I declined. I felt bad about it but oh well. I'm planning to pick this morning and meet my friend at the pool at 7:30. I'm hoping to be home and leave right after. It's actually light enough that I can start picking now but I think I will have my coffee first.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #8  

Welcome back, Jennifer. So happy that DS is doing well! The pictures are awesome, and yes, "prouder" IS a word. I don't think I could do vegetarian and I know DH wouldn't buy in, lol. I am also targeting tomorrow for a major OP reset.

Debbie, I picked the first pint of blueberries yesterday. We have a half dozen bushes and they ripen at different times which is nice. We will probably eat these but then I will freeze the next bunch. Are you still off from work on Sundays?

Pearlrose, hope DD had a nice birthday and it wasn't too crazy with the sleepover.

We have sunny and cool this morning with rain coming later. I've already refilled the hummingbird feeder and bird bath; watching them is my newest summer entertainment. We only got a brief shower yesterday so I was able to take a walk with DH after dinner, which was very nice.

Enjoy the day, chicks!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another beautiful morning here. I am going to go for a walk in a bit, just finished breakfast as I was trying not to wake up the girls, only 2 spent the night so not too bad, though the rest stayed until after I went to bed lol. Other than a lot of giggling it wasn't too loud or rowdy Not sure what is on the agenda today other than tidying up.

Jekel loved all of the pictures you shared. I am going to join my work challenge but it doesn't start til Aug 14th which is when I get back from the cruise. I am trying to get all of my weight off that I have gained from a day here and a day there of off plan eating (like yesterday) so I am hoping to get back to where I was before the cruise and then after will continue and the challenge will help with my mental focus. Since DD1 works for my company now, she is going to join the team too.

Debbie sounds like you have a plan with the raspberries, I had been wondering what you did with all of them as well

Beth hope you were able to enjoy your day yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote