Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default New Here - Kentuckian

Hello all, I am a native Kentuckian and looking to loose some weight.

I don't have any medical reason that I have not lost weight. My problem is I love food and especially sweets (I definitely got my grandmother & mother's sweet tooth).

I lost around 25 pounds in 2016 but put that back on and looking to get back in gear.

I recently starting exercising again and have focused on drinking water instead of my favorite drink - sweet tea.

I welcome any "friends" to cheer each other on.
rdjrneace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome rdjrneace ~ way to go getting back to exercising and drinking the water. You can do this.

It is always fun to make a new friend. Maybe we can help each other.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #3  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey there neighbor...I am in SW Ohio. I have this 1 liter size pitcher that I keep in my fridge filled with water and a couple slices of fruit, orange or lemon or lime, to remind me to get enough water during the day, I usually drink 1 1/2 to 2 liters a day. I find that the fruit slices give the water a little boost and I am more inclined to drink a good amount. Good luck to you, we got this!!
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! I'm on this journey with you. We can do this. I'm looking to lose about 47 pounds, but I'm more concerned with making a life style adjustment than worrying about the scale. Otherwise, I feel like I'll just fall off the wagon again when the stress starts back up. I'm starting off with a smaller goal of 7 pounds.
mygoalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I think you've got part of this whipped already- a lot of us don't know why we're not losing weight to start with. You know that, which means you also know what you need to do. Way to go!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote