Old 06-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #1  

Default Why Do You REALLY Want To Lose?

I was talking to a friend of mine who is extremely good at giving business advice and getting to the heart of certain problems. While I was talking to him, I noticed that he asked the question (in different variations) "Why?" a lot.

It was kind of frustrating at first, to be honest, because I saw the original problem I presented as a simple question that should be a no-brainer for someone who knows their stuff - which he does. But he eventually explained that he was asking me "why" so many times because one of the best ways to help a person get what they want is to uncover what they need.

Fast-forward to today, as I thought about my body goals, I started to think about my friend and preceded to ask myself the 5 "why's".

My Goal: To have a tight stomach and a lifted, rounded bum....
1. Why?
Because I think that is just the sexiest silhouette.

2. Why?
Because my favorite celebrities and fitness models look like that, and I want to look like that, too.

3. Why?
Because it reminds me of how sexy I felt before I had my daughters and I want to feel that way again.

4. Why?
Because I'm sick of looking like a mom at 26

5. Why? (Long answer as I struggled to dig deep and be 100% honest)
Because I see better for myself. I'm more than just a mom. I don't want to let myself go and lose my sex appeal just because I have children. I don't want to turn into the mom who looks like a mom, sitting around all day with frizzy hair and toys all over the house. I want to look young while I actually AM young. I want to be that mom that everyone stares in awe at. I want to make people ask how old I am and wonder how I manage to stay so "put together" even with three small children. Men used to call for my attention from across the street. Or while driving, from one car to another. I want that again. Why?

Because I want to feel extremely desirable. I want to wear crop tops and swim suits again. Or just feel confident in a bra and panties around the house. I want to never again hide my stomach during sex. I want to look good from every angle no matter what I'm wearing. I want to never have to worry about dieting again.

That is why I want to have a tight stomach and a lifted, rounded bum....I want to feel like the sexiest woman in the room.

That took me like 30 minutes to fill out just now. What's your weight loss goal? Why?
nitagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

This is a great thread idea!!

For myself, my goal is freedom. The wisdom to know if I should eat the thing, the self-control to eat or not eat the thing, and then being at peace with my decision afterwards (aka, not beating myself up if I do decide to eat the thing). Honestly, I realized last night I'd rather have the freedom than all the weight loss in the world, because I've finally realized that for me, I could be as skinny as is possible to be, and I *still* would have all the body issues I've been struggling with. But I think if I can figure out how to relate to food with a healthy heart, then the weight loss will continue anyway.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote