Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Default See my photo and share your opinion on weight loss

Hello,

I have really, really heavy (super heavy) upperarms, large breasts and a pretty big belly. But I am also very proportionate and tall, and to some extent my heaviness is camouflaged.

I really want to lose weight from my arms and core and get shapely as I lose weight - shapely enough to wear sleeveless.

I am not sure that will be possible, given how heavy my arms are!

Since it is a known fact that one cannot force to lose weight from certain specific part of the body, I wonder how my weight loss, after shedding another 50 lbs will be... (ha, ha, I'm quite motivated now).

Do you think as I shed my weight, it will most likely come from my heaviest parts?

BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:54 AM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

If you don't have much to lose below the waist (and your legs look thin in the photo) then my guess would be that yes, you will lose in your belly and arms and probably also in your breasts. My breasts were the only area I wanted to keep some of the gain, haha, but alas it was not to be. Also, you may not notice your arms getting thinner. I didn't. But I had shirts that were tight around my upper arms that now are loose, and so that was one way I realized I had actually lost some of the fat on my arms.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:09 AM   #3  

Hi EagleRiverDee,

Thank you for your reply! I read everywhere in the internet that to lose belly fat, and get toned arms, you need to do strength training... which I am only doing minimally. So basically I wonder, if I rely mainly only on Cardio (walking, not even HIIT), I may end up with losing weight but left still with higher body fat ratio which will retain weight in belly, breasts and arms,, etc...

One of my friends has lost weight and is now ideal weight (5'6" tall and around 150 lbs), but to my eyes, she still looks like she has to lose another 20 lbs... she has quite some belly and does not look toned at all..

This is where my question comes from...
Old 06-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Oh, well I'm definitely a proponent of strength training. I've done (and continue to do occasionally) the "P90X" program also the "Supreme 90 Day" program (which is far more affordable, on Amazon). Jillian Michaels has good programs where she mixes strength training, cardio and abdominal work in a 3-2-1 program. She has several. I like "Ripped in 30" and "30 Day Shred". You can also use bodyweight doing something like Pilates or Yoga, if you don't like using weights or resistance bands. If you do choose a program with weights or resistance bands, use enough resistance to actually challenge you. I see women using these little 2 lb weights for bicep curls and it's a waste of time- a gallon of milk weighs 8 lbs. Doing curls (for example) at less than 8 lbs isn't increasing your functional strength at all. The average woman cannot bulk up lifting weights, even very heavy ones, because we don't have the testosterone to put that kind of muscle mass on. But we can get sexy, toned and lean looking by lifting heavy weights.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #5  

Those are such fun ideas, EagleRiverDee! Thank you so much!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #6  

I have a friend that lost about 30 pounds and all she did was walk but as she was able to go longer she started carrying weights. She started off with just a can of vegs and then moved up to 5 pound weights. She said here arms has toned since carrying the weights -- not sure how much. thought this idea might help you.
rdjrneace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
I have a friend that lost about 30 pounds and all she did was walk but as she was able to go longer she started carrying weights. She started off with just a can of vegs and then moved up to 5 pound weights. She said here arms has toned since carrying the weights -- not sure how much. thought this idea might help you.
Oh, this message is SO ENCOURAGING to me!!! I immensely thank you for this, this was precisely what I was looking for all along!

This is my current workout:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Do moderate HIIT at the treadmill (3.2 - 3.5) for 25 min + 10 min at moderate intensity at the ellipticals. In the evening, one hour of low intensity walk around the neighborhood (2.5 miles).

On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Do core, leg and arm workout equipment at the gym for 1/2 hr, stair climber for 10 min + walk around neighborhood for 2.5 miles.

Sunday - Break/rest.

Diet - Not more than 1200 calories/day.

Now, I will also incorporate some weights to my slow walk routine each day!

Thank you so much!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNomore71 View Post
I really want to lose weight from my arms and core and get shapely as I lose weight - shapely enough to wear sleeveless.
Congratulations on meeting your goal. Because, guess what? Your arms are already shapely enough to wear sleeveless. Be brave! Put on a sleeveless top and go out into the world.
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 AM   #9  

I'd say don't wait.

While you're trying to lose weight in certain places, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the "now." Continue to live in the present. You can certainly wear sleeveless clothes even when you haven't yet reached your ideal body yet. Have fun!
Keiran is offline   Reply With Quote