Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #1  

Default New to the site and would like to introduce myself!

Hello everyone! My name is Dana and I am 27 years old. I just started Weight Watchers (again) last week. I have always been overweight and I know this is something that I will have to struggle with for the rest of my life. I have gone from 200 pounds to 170 to 150 to 160 to 150 and then in less than a year....to 179. I was pretty much hanging around 150-155 for a long time...I was getting married and wanted that dress to fit...well, it did...for a day. On the honeymoon and afterwards I was having a free for all with food. I was tired of watching what I ate, tired of working out, just tired of it all. Each week the scale got higher and higher and for some reason it didn't bother me. Maybe I thought I was always supposed to be fat and not thin. I don't know what my problem was. Well, the other week before I got on the scale, I said to myself that if I was 180 I had to stop all this. I was getting way out of hand and I would have to do something. Well, I stepped on and I was 179. Too close for comfort. I had to face the facts that I was fat and I needed to wake up and do something about it. So, last Monday I joined the gym and on Tuesday I joined WW. I weighed in at 174.4. From that Tuesday till today, I have worked out 6 days and followed the WW plan. No cheating for me....I can't afford to.

From this site I hope to find support, friends, laughs and success. It's always better to lose weight when you have a cheering section and I hope that I can be that for you too.

~Dana
Old 09-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #2  

Default Welcome, Dana!

It's great that you've taken those first crucial steps toward success. You can have a healthy lifestyle, while still enjoying life! I've been doing just that for the past 2 months, and have lost 23 pounds in the process! (Of course, I've got quite a bit more to lose than you, so it comes off more quickly at first). At any rate, it's good to have you here, you'll love this board!

Jen
Old 09-02-2003, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dana!

Well you've come to the right place, it's all about the laughs and support around here.

And just like the rest of us, you've had that, "this has to stop" moment. I'm a month and a half in, 30 pounds down so far (like Jen, have more to lose so it's fairly quick at first) and finally am moving towards the idea that it's not all about the weight, it's about being healthier and happier.

Post often, lean on us if you need to and we will return the favor

Tummy
Old 09-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #4  

Sounds like you are taking the right steps toward a healthier lifestyle!! I had reached 185 when I realized that I just kept gaining. I am down 17lbs...and still have a hard time concentrating on eating well and exercising!! But I am doing it slowly! You will get there too... Use the site and the boards to keep your head up and to do what you want to!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:19 PM   #5  
Healthy and Positive!

Welcome Dana! We are here to listen and cheer when you need us!
Closed Thread