Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 07:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default TFL Week of September 1, 2003

Hi everyone!

Hard to believe that today marks the first of September!

I didn't do anything major for the holiday except recuperate from the past two days of being at our Germanfest. We had two great days for our festival with temps in the high 60's, low 70's. I got lots of activity points with all the walking I did. I did indulge in a bratwurst. My feet felt as if I had lead weights attached to them this morning! I played catch up with laundry, cleaning today and did a quick run to the grocery store.

It's been raining here all day today so early this afternoon I put on a nice big kettle of homemade chicken soup to chase the chill & dampness.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:25 AM   #2  

Hi Melissa. I'm back to reality here this morning. It's a dull day, and everyone is complaining about the bad summer we had weather-wise. I certainly can't complain, so am keeping my head down .

Our flight back on Saturday wasn't bad. Got bulkhead seats on the Frankfurt to Montreal leg, so we weren't nearly as tired and cramped as we expected. Spent the weekend doing laundry, re-stocking food supplies and doing general maintenance.

Am tackling my email inbox this morning. This afternoon, catch-up meetings are scheduled. Tomorrow, the real work begins.

How is everyone? I'm looking forward to my WW meeting on Saturday morning and the new program.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:17 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Melissa -- sounds like you had an activity filled weekend.

Susan -- Good luck with your mailbox. I really like the new program. I had a few bad days in Berkelely, but not as bad as they would have been if I hadn't been on the new program.

I posted on Austin's thread yesterday.

Nothing new going on here, we spent yesterday spending money. We bought fabric for new drapes in Berkeley, a new futon and futon matress (much improved) for our study and a new bed frame for our guest bedroom. We're about to rip out all the furniture and repaint a more soothing color and move furniture around. The room works okay for guests but not for us. Now we have to get rid of the old bed and futon.

Have heaps of tomatoes coming in too. I guess I should make some sauce and can it, but I have no desire this year. I'll just oven dry them.

I hope everyone is doing well!

lala
Old 09-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Hello ladies,

Had WI last night, no gain/no loss. I was happy as I really enjoyed the cookout for Labor Day.

Lala: Fresh tomatoes--mmm, sounds great. I've never grown vegetables myself, just herbs.

Susan: Are you back in the swing of things? You probably wish you were in Austria.

My new job starts on Monday; I'm excited about it and nervous, too.

Strange weather happening here--watching Fabian and other tropical events! Yikes!

Lisa
Old 09-03-2003, 09:57 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!

Lala: The tomatoes are definitely coming in here as well. I don't know that I'll have a whole lot to can from my own but am planning on going out and buying more so that I can get my canning cupboard filled. There's nothing like home canned tomatoes in the winter! I had tomatoes on my English muffin this morning with a slice of 2% cheese...yum!

Domina: We've been getting the remants of some of the storms with rain, clouds and cooler temps. I can't complain though because this is my type of weather--mid 70's during the day and in the 50-60 range in the evening. Good for you for staying the same this week!

Susan: How's it going getting back into the groove? You're going to love the new program. At first I wasn't too sure but now that I'm into the journaling it's going great. I have my meeting today at noon and I'm hoping for a loss of some sort.

I've been working on getting more activity in (this past weekend helped too) during the week so we'll see how it plays with my weight loss. The only thing that could factor in is that TOM is due to arrive on Monday.

I love short weeks No major plans for the weekend so I'm hoping to tackle some things I've let go over the summer.

Hi to Austingal, Scoutruns!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #6  

Good morning all.

Yes, I am getting into the groove here at work and at home. It's a beautiful day here - crisp and sunny - on the cool side but that's fine by me.

Melissa: I'm hoping to get back into my exercise routine too. I walked too and from work yesterday and my sister and I are going out for a run after work. It seems I've spent a lot of time "starting over" with respect to my running program this year. Now that the hot weather is over, I hope to make some real progress.

Domina: I would be really happy to stay the same when I weigh in on Saturday. I feel rather bloated today and that's probably due to the TOM from h***. DH quipped the other day that it's not a period, it's an exclamation point! It's been off and on since Aug. 15th. Ahhh - middle age - gotta love it!

lala: I wish I had planted tomatoes this year, but it would have been difficult being away and all. That's another thing I loved about Austria, the abundance of inexpensive and delicious fruits and veggies. We ate lots of tomatoes - even made sauce from scratch while we were there. Deelicious!

We took close to 600 pictures in Austria. DH now has the daunting task of sorting through them and deciding which ones to develop. That's the nice thing about a digital camera - you don't have to waste money on shots that didn't turn out as planned. Glad that's his task and not mine though.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:57 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Slow morning here as I had my teeth cleaned. Note to self: use stimudents more often, the dentist will love me more.

However, I did get in a 40 min cardio routine and 30 mins of personal training before, so at least I have that out of the way.

Melissa -- We haven't gotten into the canning/preserving groove this year. I don't know why, I'll probably do some salsa for DP and make tomato paste (we have toms from last year) and that is it. I'm waiting for a big lug from the farmer's market and cool weather.

Susan -- Did you get a new digital camera for the trip? I am thinking of buying one, but right now I'm happy borrowing my office mates elph. He loves the chocolates I bring him.

Lisa -- Yeah on your new job! I think I would also be nervous, but its a new start! I love new starts.

Austin - Helloooo?????

Ditto for everyone else.

Nothing much here, I am behind as usual. We picked up and assembled the futon for the library yesterday. We allowed our birthday girl (miss roya poya the cat) to sit on it. She turned 17 this week. She quite approved after we put a towel down for her. She is such a princess.

Next, I'm going to the paint store tonight to find a good color for our basement bedroom.

Later ladies!

lala
Old 09-05-2003, 09:33 AM   #8  

Happy Friday everyone!!!

It's certainly been a busy week here. I'm slowly chipping away at the freshman 4 week grade pile that I have. It's tedious but it's almost done.

The temps have cooled down considerably here--it's more fall-like than end of summer. It's only in the high 50's this morning. The weekend is supposed to be nice. I haven't been out doing any major walking but am planning on getting a lot of movement in over the weekend.

I was down 1.4# at my WI on Wednesday and that's great considering TOM is due on Sunday and generally the week before I have a gain or a minimal if any at all loss. I've been doing good with my tracking. Today is going to be a challenge as I'm going out for lunch and dinner. I'm working another WW meeting tonight and the leader and I are going to dinner afterwards so it shouldn't be too bad.

Hi to Lisa, Susan, Lala, Scoutruns, Austin! Hope you're doing fine!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:52 PM   #9  
si, si signora

good for you melissa--

We are also looking for a change in the weather. Its been over 70 for like 55 days in a row, its amazing how warm its been.

I'm going to paint this weekend, go pepper picking and harvest tomatoes, I'll weigh in on Monday and see how I did.

Have a great weekend, remember to drink your water, take your vitamins and have a great time!

lala
Closed Thread