Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default Hi There!

Hi There!

My name is Holly, and I'm 52 years old. And I am fat.

I was never fat growing up,,in fact, I was so skinny I had trouble getting pregnant,,,,,,,the weight started piling on after my 3rd child, but even then not too bad,,,30 or 40 extra pounds I carried around for years,,,,

Then I got into my 40's and quit smoking and I carried around 50 or 60 extra pounds,,,

Now I am over 50, went through menopause and got a sit down job at Disney (reservations) and I am over 100 lbs overweight,,,,if I'm honest with myself, it's probably 150 lbs overweight,,,,,,,,twice what I should weigh.

For years, I considered weight loss something just too mysterious for me to understand,,,,,Oh, I know I ate too much, but the mysterious relationship between calories and fat and exercise and weight loss was totally lost on me,,,,,

and then I sat down with my sister (skinny) who has many many health problems that require very careful diet control and got a lesson in,,,,

Calorie intake,,,,,she advised me that it takes 4500 calories to MAINTAIN my 300 lb weight,,,and to LOSE or GAIN a lb it takes 3500 calories less or more,,,,

and for some reason,,,,,,it clicked. I don't know WHY it finally clicked,,,,,,but it CLICKED,,,,,

And so I started COUNTING calories,,,,,,

and I've lost weight in the past 3 weeks that I have been counting,,,,I cut out soda almost completely, diet soda on occasionally, drink water like it's the nectar of the gods, and really have had a positive experience with it,,,,

Until this morning,,,,when I weighed myself,,,,,,and after being very careful, I GAINED weight. I am almost positive it's water weight gain,,,,,,Usually by Friday my feet are totally swollen from sitting all day at work,,,,,,I can gain 10 lbs a week in water weight,,,,I've seen the scale even when I wasn't dieting,,,

I really should weigh myself on Sundays only,,,,because I do more running around on the weekends and usually shed a lot of that water weight,,,,

I've eaten about 1600-1800 calories for the past 2 weeks, and I've counted every bite that's gone into my mouth, so that's really the only thing I can think of that would make me gain a couple of pounds,,,,,

Anyway,,,,,,,,even knowing exactly what it is,,,,IT'S DOWNRIGHT DISCOURAGING!

so here I am,,,,trying to get some support so I don't give up before it's even really begun,,,,,

This isn't a sprint, right? It's a marathon,,,,,,,it's long term that matters,,,I keep telling myself that,,,,

Also, I am hoping to find some easy, simple quick recipes that actually taste good too,,,,,so I'm going to search this site for some,,,,because after about 3 weeks on a diet, I tend to quit because I get sick of eating the same dang things every day,,,

So,,,,any tips you guys have to keep the momentum going would be helpful

Nice to meet you all

Holly
CommaHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #2  
Custom User Title

Last edited by lizmac23; 05-31-2017 at 10:14 AM.
lizmac23 is offline   Reply With Quote