South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-13-2017, 07:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Wonderful(?) Weekend - May 13th and 14th

Good morning from drizzly and cold Delta! Rain is predicted for today and tomorrow but hasn't started yet. A cruddy day for Amy's wedding, alas.

I am off to get my hair done for 9:30 and need to hit the ATM first. I'll miss the breakfast at the UC and St Paul's yard sale although I may pop in to the latter on the way home.

Don't know what came over me yesterday but Bruce suggested he treat me at the Village Chip truck and I had a hot dog and fries... first time since last summer! I'm going to eat as lightly as possible at the wedding reception tonight and avoid salty stuff as much as possible. (Is it tacky to ask for a doggy bag at a wedding dinner?

Tomorrow we go to my DIL's parents place for spaghetti dinner. This will be a very challenging weekend.

What's happening your neck of the wet woods?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come.
Today looks dreary here also; I think it will be a day of weekend niggles: cleaning and laundry. Maybe I will start a book.

Ruth, enjoy your day and just do the best you can this weekend. The problem is that life goes on and the rest of the world doesn't really understand the fact that too much sugar and refined carbs aren't good.

Happy Saturday all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! Sorry for the challenging weekend! Kirk leaves tomorrow and I pledge to get very serious with food but that sure won't help your situation right now. For more than a few weeks now I've been trying to just do the best I can.

Beth, sorry about that very day. At least it's good for getting indoor niggles accomplished.

It was supposed to rain today but that's been pushed back until tomorrow. Kirk had said he would help me get some yardwork done before he leaves. It would be nice to have a fresh start once he's gone. I'm outside enjoying coffee and I guess I will lig the trash a block so I will have a fresh start When we mow the lawn.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be a sunny 80 degrees here, going to the zoo with all of my kids and then we go out to lunch. Woke up to DD2 had made me a Mother's day cake, oh boy, I will have a small slice to show appreciation and I am sure DH and kids will gobble up the rest. I need to get started on new project which is back deck getting re-painted, DS is going to help paint but I need to do some sanding in some spots prior to us painting.

Ruth have fun at the wedding and enjoy getting your hair done.

Debbie I need to get serious about my food as well, we are going on a cruise at the end of July and want to be back on track and feeling great.

Beth sorry about the rain, maybe read a book..

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Supposedly today is the last of this rain, for now. Thank goodness, I'm ready for warm and sun!!

I had a very bizarre thing happen. On Thursday morning I was on the treadmill and my sock slid down my shoe and I got a small blister on my heel. I put a band-aid on it and went out that night and everything was fine. Yesterday was a long day from ****, went to NoVa for errands and work errands and everything took longer than it should. Mid way through the day I'm like hmmm...my heel is really tender. I had worn flip flop type shoes so nothing was touching it. We went straight to meeting friends for dinner after driving 2.5 hours in gridlock traffic. Over the course of dinner it really started hurting. By the time I stood up my foot, heel, ankle, toes were swollen like a balloon and I could barely walk on it. When we got home I showed my husband and he says, don't take your coat off, we're going to the ER, it's a bad infection. So we ended up at the urgent care, it's infected and now I'm taking anti-biotics, I'm to stay off of it and keep it as elevated as possible. It's feeling a little bit better since I took the first dose of meds last night there. Hubby's out picking up the medicine now. I get blisters a lot, my heels are very susceptible to blisters, I have never ever gotten an infection from one. Of course I instantly think....noooo....I'm not going to burn any calories sitting around on my butt! I usually walk around 15,000 steps a day. I'm a pacer in general.

Beth - are you reading anything good, I could use something to do while I'm sitting around!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Mother's Day, Beachies! Hope your day is celebrated with family and good memories of mothers no longer with us.

There is an early brunch before Church this morning, the service with Bruce preaching and then we are off to my son's inlaws for a mid-afternoon dinner - probably pasta although I am craving a grilled burger. This has certainly been a foodie weekend with the wedding yesterday and chip wagon on Friday! However, I am down a pound this morning so there's hope.

We are still rather cool and rainy but no killing frost so far. The flooding continues. I have some lovely white narcissi in bloom but would need my waders to get to them. There is an old English custom of wearing a flower on Mother's Day - white if your Mum is gone and a colour if she's still alive. I think I have to pass this time

Have a delightful day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day!

We celebrated yesterday by going to the Zoo (crazy packed with people) and went out to eat. I did have to do a grocery run later in the evening and then enjoyed some quiet time as everyone else had plans and I wanted a quiet evening which I got. Today it will be quiet, it is lovely outside, I do need to return something to the mall so might to it today.

Ruth yeah for the scale moving down, mine is up 1. That is a lovely tradition of wearing a flower.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello! Happy Mother's Day!

Work was crazy I am resting my feet we need to leave for the airport in two hours. Back to work at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Amy, scary about your blister and infection. I hope it is getting better!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote