Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Back but super discouraged

Long story short, once upon a time, I lost 30lbs and pretty much gained it all back. I have been trying to drop a few since the end of February, did the whole calorie counter app on my phone that was set to lose 1-1.5lbs a week, tried to exercise but as I am a grad student, it gets tough (I will try better!) but have only been doing 1-2 times a week. I know thats not alot at all but the calorie restrictions, with the elimination of junk foods and some exercise would have guaranteed more weight off than 5lbs? That is all I lost.

I need some reassurance. Is this because I dont exercise enough? I am not sure. It makes me not want to even up my game because I feel hopeless

PS i also did take measurements of my hips/waist/thighs but only started a month ago and still have not seen a change.

Last edited by luckystreak; 04-15-2017 at 10:12 AM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Easier said than done, but just keep at it...it will happen. 80% of weight loss happens in the kitchen, 20% in the gym. Eating properly is more important than exercise for weight loss (of course, exercise is healthy for your heart, muscles, mind, etc) but it is not the only thing that matters when it comes to weight loss. Of course it's important when it comes to fat loss and building muscle, strength, etc.

I've actually lost 30 additional lbs in the last few months with hardly any exercise whatsoever. I will be getting back into it but I've had some medical setbacks recently including a head injury so exercise hasn't been on my radar, yet I've still lost consistently.

Keep going!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #3  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
Long story short, once upon a time, I lost 30lbs and pretty much gained it all back. I have been trying to drop a few since the end of February, did the whole calorie counter app on my phone that was set to lose 1-1.5lbs a week, tried to exercise but as I am a grad student, it gets tough (I will try better!) but have only been doing 1-2 times a week. I know thats not alot at all but the calorie restrictions, with the elimination of junk foods and some exercise would have guaranteed more weight off than 5lbs? That is all I lost.

I need some reassurance. Is this because I dont exercise enough? I am not sure. It makes me not want to even up my game because I feel hopeless

PS i also did take measurements of my hips/waist/thighs but only started a month ago and still have not seen a change.
Keep going.

One tip i use to help my clients is to set process goals, to keep them motivated.

Let me explain... Outcome goals are - I want to lose weight.

The trouble is, it takes time to lose weight. And since we human beings are creatures of instant gratifications, we can easily become discouraged when we don't achieve our goal...

Outcome goals take time remember...

So instead, use process goes.

For example,
I'm going to eat protein with every meal.
I'm going to workout 3 times this week.
I'm going to get to bed by 10pm this week.
I'm going to drink 2 litres of water each day.

These are all process goals... Because you can accomplish them quicker, the sense of reward of achievement comes quicker and therefore, you feel more motivated.

Completing these process goals over time lead to your outcome goal, such as losing weight.

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:36 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:27 AM   #4  

let me know if this helps
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote