Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Default Anyone tried Low Carb??

Have you stuck with it?
How many grams per day?
How much have you lost?
How long did it take?
To you exercise?
😄🙋😎
HappyHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

I've been eating low carb/high fat (keto) since January 15th and have lost 30pounds. I keep it to under 20 net carbs per day. It's been amazing. The only thing that helps with my cravings and I have so much more energy. I really love this way of eating. I just recently started bringing in exercise..in the last month or so..Long walks or an hour at the gym on the treadmil 5 days a week

Last edited by Curvycurly; 04-15-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Curvycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #3  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHousewife View Post
Have you stuck with it?
How many grams per day?
How much have you lost?
How long did it take?
To you exercise?
������
All diets (including low carb) have the same thing in common... Calorie reduction.

That's all it is. There isn't something magical about going low carb, or no carb, or low fat or paleo, or vegetarian or whatever....

They all are just a means to reduce calories.

And thats why they CAN work.... for some.

The key is to find out what works for you.

The best diet in the world, is the diet that you can stick too.

For me, I like food. I don't want to feel restricted from foods that I want to eat, so I follow a flexible diet approach and teach this also to my clients.

Make sense?

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:36 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #4  

Let me know if this helps
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #5  

Default Low Carb

I am currently eating low carb and have been since the middle of June. I have lost 115 pounds so far. I have tried other ways of eating in the past, but nothing worked for long as I had terrible cravings for carbs such as ice cream or potato chips. I now have none of those cravings and feel so much better. My arthritis is even better and I no longer need to take anything for it due to having less inflammation in my body due to staying away from carbs. I stay as close to 20 carbs a day as I can. I haven't started exercising yet but I am going to start taking walks several times a week. Good luck to you whatever path you decide to take!
Cincygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:28 AM   #6  

I never tried it.
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #7  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwilson View Post
All diets (including low carb) have the same thing in common... Calorie reduction.

That's all it is. There isn't something magical about going low carb, or no carb, or low fat or paleo, or vegetarian or whatever....

They all are just a means to reduce calories.

And thats why they CAN work.... for some.

The key is to find out what works for you.

The best diet in the world, is the diet that you can stick too.

For me, I like food. I don't want to feel restricted from foods that I want to eat, so I follow a flexible diet approach and teach this also to my clients.

Make sense?

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk
I agree with this 100%
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Me. I have been eating KETO since February 12 and have lost 19 lbs. My goal is 25-28 lbs so it is getting tougher the closer I get to goal. I have more energy. My body parts do not ache nearly like they did. Just a better way of eating for me. KETO has many healthy benefits. google it.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I have been doing low carb since Oct 2016, I have lost between 24-27lbs depending on the day. I usually keep my carbs at or under 20 but the best part is I don't crave them. All my carbs are from real food not processed mostly in the form of veggies. I have not eaten foods with flour, pasta, rice, starchy veggies since I started. I have tasted pasta once and a piece of bread once and thought they really tasted and felt bad in my mouth. Such a change in taste buds.
I am now off two of three long term hypertension meds and should be able to drop the third one this month.

So for me this is a lifestyle I can stick too

Exercise, I started cardo/strength 6 weeks ago, I see no change in my weight but in my shape
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #10  

I have been eating low carb about 20 a day since February 28, 2017. So far I have lost as of this morning 48 lbs. It has been tough but the energy I have gained is awesome. I still have a long way to go. My next goal is to go from a size 16 to a 14. Then I will work my way day one pant size at a time until I reach an 8
Atxnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #11  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Would you all like to share some of your 20 carb a day meal plans please and thank you I would truly appreciate you.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #12  

Default 20 carb day

Any meat as long as you don't batter or fry. Baked or broiled is good.
Veggies: zucchini, kale,squash, green beans, asparagus, almost any veggies. No rice, no potatoes.No corn stay away from starchy foods. No bread unless one slice whole wheat.
Usually for breakfast I have an egg a couple of slices of bacon and and some kale.
Atxnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #13  

When I did a low carb/calorie diet, the weight fell off. And cravings diminished. It was GREAT. Best diet for me. Just be careful to get enough calories and fat. Otherwise it can be hard on the heart. That's what I experienced.

However, I would never do a zero carb diet. I know it would not healthy for me.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:55 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

For me a typical day:
Breakfast: 2 egss, 2 egg whites and sometimes a slice of bacon
Lunch: Stir fry veggies with kielbasa -- beggies are zoodles, cauliflower rice, cabbage, celery then a bit of sesame oil and liquid amino
Dinner: some form of meat, usually hamburger patty wrapped in lettuce, or fish and tarter sauce, sometimes some chicken meatballs
Snacks: chocolate protein shake with added peppermint extract or atkins product, oh pork rinds are 'legal' just need to watch the sodium

hope this helps....and yes you can have pizza. there is a youtube of a guy who makes cloud bread in the size of a pizza it really does taste good and looks and smells like the real deal
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #15  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Nancy I've made the cloud bread before, though it's been awhile. I know it as oopsie bread Thanks for your menu.

Atxnana thank you for your menu
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote