South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default The Weekend April 8-9

It's the weekend. Anyone have any exciting plans??

I'm starting mine off with coffee.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #2  

We are finally done with rain and the sun is slated to come out later today. I will be sure to get DH to take a walk with me.

Other than that it is laundry, finishing my taxes (bad girl, I know) and whatever comes up.

Have a good day, chicks!
Old 04-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Beth! I'm getting my morning started with coffee, too! Headed to the yard to trim some raspberry canes then get packed up and head back over. My brother is flying in tonight in route to California. We will go have dinner. I work tomorrow and he leaves Monday. It will be a busy weekend.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day - I took a long hike through the woods- an hour and 40 minutes and burned a ton of calories. I went out to eat twice - once with my office manager, and last night some friends and I went to kennedy center to see Chicago and we ate out. I did fine. I burned so many calories I was down .6 this morning.

Today I'm catching up on some work, and we're going golfing this afternoon. It's supposed to get up to the 60's, I hope that's true, I don't want to golf in the cold!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Installers came at 3:45 p.m. and finished at 11:00 p.m. at night, I hooked a few things but went to bed at midnight. The floors look good, I will post some pics later. I need to get ready for my test and then afterwards I am going to vacuum again and then pledge all of the furniture before anythings goes back in them and will look at everything prior to putting out- going to try and purge some more. It supposed to be beautiful today so maybe I will take a break and go for a walk as well this afternoon.

Beth glad the rain is done and you can enjoy some sunshine

Debbie enjoy your time with your brother

Amy congrats, my scale went down 2 more lbs as well now to make sure it keeps going down and not up and down.

Ruth safe travels

Jekel hope you have a great day!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Where did the week go? Just another crazy week here. Pearlrose I have been stress eating big time this month. I keep telling myself tomorrow I will be better. Between work drama, getting nervous about my ride, crazy hormones and DS moving home only to be leaving on the 24th I have not been myself at all! Last night I was absolutely exhausted and was asleep on the couch at 6:20. LOL only got up to actually go to bed and slept until the alarm at 0500 this morning. I guess my body is trying to tell me something. I do plan on getting some miles in after work although it is VERY windy! Glad you got the floors done!

Debbie enjoy your quick visit with your brother.

Beth I hope you got the sun too. We are supposed to be 76 on Tuesday!

Amy awesome job reaching you goal and losing while eating out! Can you send some will power dust my way lol. Hope your house sells quickly.

Ruth hope you made it home safely and had a great time in Florida.

Nothing really going on here. Well its just about quitting time, so time for me to get moving. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #7  

Last minute I ended up rescheduling my test, I don't think I am ready to take it again just yet. So, I have spent the day unpacking and just got back from a walk around the park in town and back at it.

Jekel I will send pixie dust for the both of us about stress eating
Old 04-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #8  

Good morning

Pearlrose good choice moving the test date. You have a lot going on. I think you will be more relaxed once the house is back in order and ace your exam.

DS buddy helped him move his dresser home. Thank goodness as he had the drawers on the floor which didn't leave him any room to move lol. Im happy he organized everything and purged more stuff yesterday. He still has one more tool box to bring home and some odds and ends.

I told Joe I probably won't be seeing him for a few weeks. I really want to be home with DS. I signed up for a ride on Long Island the day before he leaves but decided to stay home. Joe understands. He has been so busy lately he probably won't even miss me lol.

Today's plans include a ride (thankfully no wind today) and maybe some errands or yard work. Desperately need to plan some meals for the week. DS is a big eater! Lol

Hope everyone has something enjoyable planned.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pearl - congrats on the 2 lbs! Good thinking to reschedule the test when you feel like you can give it your attention and time.

Jennifer - I haven't been sleeping well lately and I fell asleep ridiculously early last night as well. I'm about to have my 2 kids home myself. My daughter is home for the summer, my son graduates college and doesn't have a job yet. I will be thrilled to have them here, but they certainly disrupt my routine. The mom in me wants to cook all their favorites, but I'm telling them, they'll be eating what I'm eating, they can just have more, and if they want a potato, I can do that for them, but I'm not having junk and crap in the house.

I went golfing yesterday, I will confess to a bloody mary from the cart lady, and for the first time in many months, I actually ate an appetizer with hubby. Tex mex egg rolls - it was sinfully delicious. I am trying to learn to live in the real world of food. I knew I was losing weight very well, so I knew I could go off plan a teeny bit for it. I have finally come to the conclusion that this is a long term thing, where most of the time I do the right thing, sometimes I don't. And that's okay.

I am really tired from all this exercise! Right now hubby is on the treadmill and I know I need to get on after him. I think today will be my slower day.

I am up .4 today, but that's okay. Next weekend I'm going to my sisters house for Easter. It's back at my hometown, where I associate a lot of special foods from there. I'll do the best I can. I'm bringing my golf clubs and we're going to all go play together, and I'm packing my sneakers to go on some walks on the boardwalk.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #10  

Good morning, chicks.

I've got quiche made for the work week and now I need to get some groceries. I got my walk yesterday but today is slated to be even warmer and sunny so I will take another one.

Amy, you are right; you've got to figure out the juggle for the long haul. DH and I went out for his birthday Thursday night which put me up 1.6 pounds the next morning but today I am back down. It's too early for golf here but I think DH and I are going to re-up our membership this year after a few years away.

Jennifer, enjoy your day off and your time with DS!

Pearlrose, it was a smart move to postpone the test if you weren't ready.

Got to run; DH is ready to hit the store!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #11  

Good morning,

The cat actually let me sleep in , either that or I was too tired to hear him meowing and trying to open the door to my bedroom. Well, I got all the stuff out of the kitchen that doesn't belong there and got that arranged plus more, but there is a lot more to do. I am purging as I go with stuff to trash and stuff to donate. I also started moving some of DH stuff out to the garage, he saw me doing and said I could move some other stuff out there. The house looks so nice, I don't want to clutter it up again lol.

Today is DH and mine's anniversary so we will go out to eat later today.

Jekel I think that is a good idea to spend as much time with your DS as you can, you can always do the other stuff later but can't get back time spent with loved ones

Amy I know this a long term lifestyle so you kinda have to use the mentality of they say 80% good 20% bad but I think it is more 90% good and 10% bad and the bad can only be a meal here and there not days or you back slide (This is for me). Glad you will be able to enjoy your kids, I would not have junk in the house but can't force DH to follow.

Beth hope you get your walk in today as well

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #12  

Amy sounds like you have a good plan for when the kids are home. Thankfully my son eats everything. I too am not buying anymore crap. It's just too easy for me to go nuts lol. I don't think any of us on this site are perfect with SB all the time. Like everything in life you need to find the right balance. I've learned to rain myself in after splurges and not feel guilty unless the splurge was a disappointment.

Pearlrose glad you got to sleep in. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. I enjoyed seeing your wedding photos on Facebook. I love hearing when marriages stand the test of time. Even though mine didn't I still believe in love and marriage.

Beth thanks for the quiche idea. I haven't made one in ages! I might make one this week for DS. I stick to my smoothies. Hope you got out and enjoyed this amazing weather.

I managed 31 miles today and felt really good, even for the three mile climb at the end of my ride. Came home and torchered Coconut lol. He just loves getting groomed!!! He forgave me after a pupperoni. Then decided it was too nice to be in the house and thoroughly cleaned the inside of my car and the work car. Organized my cycling stuff. I have duplicates of a lot of cycling stuff and put necessities in the work car. I plan on bringing my bike to work off and on. This way I only need to have a change of clothes and my bike and I'll be good to go! Time to finish the laundry and cut of some veggies for snacking. Tomorrow I will tackle the grocery shopping. If the weather looks good all week I think I will be grilling.

Debbie hope work wasn't too hectic today.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend
Old 05-06-2017, 03:02 AM   #13  

I haven't made any such plan yet
ChristinaBrock is offline   Reply With Quote