Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #1  

Default I added lettuce and condiments to my turkey sandwiches and I always feel full...

...and I don't know if it's the lettuce (I use a stack of about 2 inches per sandwich now) or the condiments.

I eat four slices of bread at a time, and before, without the additional amount of lettuce and the condiments, they didn't really fill me up. I don't feel like I use that much condiment, but who knows.

Thoughts?
crayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #2  
mjf

If you want the sandwich to be filling and healthy, choosing the right bread is important. The bread should be 100% whole grain (always check the ingredients and avoid things like "white flour" and "enriched wheat flour"). If you eat sliced turkey, check to make sure it doesn't have too much salt.

What type of condiment do you use?

Last edited by mjf; 03-18-2017 at 06:12 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #3  

I agree with you, right bread is very important, and lots of people forget about it....
kortezmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

If it works for you go for it! I myself cant eat that much bread (carbs make me gain) When I do eat a sandwich I pile it high with protein and vegies those are what fill me up. I do like the flat bread but it cost more but I still pile all my goodies into it.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

I feel like it's probably the lettuce filling you up, not the condiments.

On the topic of bread, yes, go whole grain if you can, and if you're a calorie counter, make sure to check the calories when you buy it. I eat a sandwich every day, and I have my share of bread woes. Where I am, any bread other than white is very, very hard to come by, and bread can range from 169 to 250 calories a slice. Which is probably double the calories of everything I put between those slices! I don't know what bread where you are is like nutritionally, but if it's anything like this, it's a serious investment in your calories for the day.

Last edited by Keika; 04-08-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

I'm trying to put more veggies on my sandwiches. I used to only eat grilled cheese sandwiches, but I was eating two at a time because they didn't fill me up. I started adding sprouts, tomato, spinach, etc. and one day I realized, I'm not making grilled cheese sandwiches anymore, I'm making grilled veggie sandwiches with cheese! Silly, but it made a big difference.
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #7  
Rainnbow Baby

I am 100% agree with you, right bread is very important
doyoumissmine is offline   Reply With Quote