South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-11-2017, 06:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - March 11th and 12th

Good morning from frosty Delta! I know Spring is on the horizon although the weatherman tells a different story. My snowdrops are showing white buds! Now I believe although the long-range forecast does not agree. I guess I'll survive until I hit Florida April 1.

Despite my crabbing yesterday, the dinner with Jan and her "hubby" - hate that word! - was fun! I found out a lot more about Jan and have changed my opinion. Unfortunately the "hubby" has no conversation except recycled, off-colour jokes. Found out walking home with B. that the hub has an untreatable aneurism and is on borrowed time. I guess I have a lot to learn about being judgemental!

Sorry to hear about the northeaster, Beth. Can you try to keep it on your side of the river?

Amy, that is a great loss! Shows what we can do if we persevere. Since I am an antique and have been dieting forever, I am pleased to lose just a smidgen daily. I've been eating better and walking more despite sore knees/toes
and that seems to be working.

Debbie and Rose, I am feeling envious of your clean-out projects and trying to work in a few "purges" lately. I'm aiming for a drawer or closet daily but that's not working out well. Maybe before I go to Florida. I need to be "Ruthless" and pitch, recycle or donate lots of stuffy.

We are off to the pop-up cafe for breakfast around 8 and then drive down to The River to check out the ice melt on the Seaway. I am hoping for a little breather this afternoon to do some quilting and prep dinner for us as B is coming over "to reset the clocks" - like I can't do that myself without a man! Poor helpless little Ruthie!

Busy but in a good way and thoroughly enjoying my renovated life.

Wishing you all some fun and excitement for the day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come!

We have no temperature this morning (0* ) but at least we didn't make it into the negatives and it is sunny. I love waking up to sunshine, the dark days are so depressing.

DS1 and GF made it here last night so it is a company day. While several ideas have been tossed out I don't really know what is on the agenda. Relax and play it by ear, I think.

Ruth, glad your life renovation is going so well! Enjoy the drive; I doubt there's much ice left on The River since it never froze over this year.

to everyone else! Have a great day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up at 5:20 a.m. this morning, I guess I will be ready when when we lose an hour tonight to stay on track since I have been waking up early almost all week. It is cold outside but all we are getting is a dusting of snow not the 3 inches predicted. I spent over an hour at Home Depot getting everything done, had to cut out some of the labor for the kitchen to get the quote down to reasonable amount (I will install the moulding myself after the floor is finished and I can move my own china cabinet (seeing as how I did it myself already hehe). We ordered a few minor things for the kitchen and once that arrives est. March 19, I will go pick up to avoid delivery charge and then they will install kitchen floor first and then they said they will install the carpet the next day if it works with my schedule. I am already mentally figuring out where I am going to put things, I need to go get some storage tubs for my breakables and I could put the rest into garabage bags.

Ruth the plan is to purge items as I go through them, figure I have about 2 weeks to get it done or I might make it 3 weeks, I have a virtual class I am taking the week of March 20th in the midst of all of this. Glad your dinner went well and enjoy your day.

Beth sorry to hear about DS2 not being able to make it but better safe than sorry. I want to do the bathroom as well but that is not something I will be able to handle on my own either so I told DH that will have to wait until we get flooring done and then we can start researching.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 03-11-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Beth - I'm sorry you won't see your son, I know you were looking forward to it. And brrr....yikes! That's cold!

My daughter and her two friends will be here in a few hours. They're spending spring break with us. Since we live outside DC they're going to do a bit of sightseeing. I got us all tickets to tour the capitol on Monday. It's funny when you live in a tourist area, I tend to only go do these things when visitors come. But it will be nice to hug and squeeze her.

I looked up where jazzercise was in my area and found a place not too far away. I'm trying to do all different kinds of activities, not just the treadmill. A million years ago I did it and really enjoyed it, we'll see if this old gal can manage a class. I don't like traditional gyms, but if I can find things I like and get a little routine going I'm more likely to stick with it.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrrrr Beth sorry DS can't make it. Believe me I am not happy about the forecast either!! Glad one son made it home this week....and a GF too

Amy I am an hour north on NYC and only do touristy things when I have company too or meet up with old friends. I go to DC in May. I enjoy going to the memorials and walking around the city.

Pearlrose when I had my floors put in upstairs I elected to move the furniture as to save on the cost. Fortunately I did not have any furniture in my bedroom. They saved that room for last. The two guys did help me which was very nice. They were Home Depot installers too and did a wonderful job. My house is so old (like early 1900's old) nothing is level. They had their work cut out for them!

Hi Debbie hope you are off today

Ruth glad you and Bruce enjoyed dinner with Jan and her husband. You are right not to judge, we don't know what others are dealing with. So sad.

Never got here yesterday. Thankfully the city was uneventful. However I did have to respond to an incident in Patchogue. So most of my work day was spent driving. It is almost 2 hours to get home from Patchogue. Thankfully I had a peeled hard boiled egg and some veggies that I devoured on my way out to the scene. I had a massive headache by the time I got home. Literally was home for an hour before I had to leave to meet my college friends for dinner. I didn't get home until 10:30. Boy I wish DST was next week lol. Joe is already asking what time I am coming up. My nerves are shot this week. Sometimes I don't think he truly understands how tired I am.

DS really isn't studying anything just taking his English requirement and an introduction to mechanical engineering class (which he likes). He has made a decision to change the direction of his life. (I can't say anything just yet) I promised him I would keep it to myself in case it doesn't work out. Believe me it is a good thing. DS doesn't need anymore set backs so I am hoping and praying it works out for him. There has been some stress eating this week. At least my stress eating choices have been smart. I actually planned for them lol. Guess with SB I have really learned a lot about myself lol

Time to get motivated.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I haven't been getting here, either. Glenwood was so packed with fun things. Two of my sorority sisters were over I found that out on Facebook so we met up for breakfast yesterday while Kirk went hiking.

That meant traveling over this morning for work. Almost a snafu. I set my alarm clock for 2 AM I got up and then my phone switched times and all the sudden it was 3 AM. Fortunately, everything was all organized so we packed up quickly and we're on the road by 345. I've actually had time for a cup of coffee and will go up and do my five minute wait routine before being on time for work. Amazing! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Sunny again although we are looking at another snow storm on Tuesday; at first I thought it would only hit Jennifer and miss us but I guess not. Today, after DS leaves mid-morning, my agenda will be laundry and food prep. I must admit that the only thing OP from last night's dinner was the salad and decaf so I am going to be sure to watch what I eat for the next few days and drink extra water.

Jennifer, keeping you and DS in my thoughts. I am glad he is gaining the maturity to make the big decisions. Enjoy your day off, sounds like yesterday was a long one!

Amy, I have not visited DC since I was a kid and would love to go back! I must convince DH to make the trip. Jazzercise sounds like a fun option. Finding some activities you like is the key to sticking with it, as I'm sure you know.

Debbie, glad you had a good visit. Have a smooth day today.

Pearlrose, I'm probably repeating myself but I have a hard time getting DH to purge. Maybe if we go through with our house projects this summer it will force the issue.

Good morning, Ruth! Hope you are staying warm.

Have a good day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-12-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! A trio of early birds - or chicks, I should say.

This will be a quickie since Bruce called me at 7 to let me know two men died going through the ice on the Lake last night - a senseless snowmobile accident but still very sad. Another person passed away in hospital after a long illness too so there will be three visitations and funerals on the schedule this week in Delta. One of the men was a Councillor and a great guy so it will be a huge event.

Not sure what the day will bring but know Bruce will not be around as he does parish visits and helps the families make arrangements. I think I will try to get caught up on laundry and other niggles because this is shaping up to be a hectic week.

I may be back later...if I don't freeze to death. We are way below freezing today but the sun IS shining.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I woke up to my phone going about issue at work, forgot to put in to not disturb mode, switched to that and slept til 7 a.m. Got up and did my yoga and just finished with breakfast. It is going to be cold here for the rest of this week with a bit more snow tomorrow morning, glad I am wfh. Yesterday went to the mall with my girls and we found a dress that DD2 likes for her 8th grade dinner dance, they did not have her size in stock so I ordered it last night. We went out for pasta and crazy but my scale went down a lb today, now I know I have to stay on track now or else it will go back up. I need to run to store to get some storage bins so I can start packing stuff away.

Beth my DH is the same he doesn't want to get rid of anything. I have to do on the sly, especially with clothes I do what Jekel used to do put in a bag and put in the basement and if there is no complaint in a few months, off it goes. Did I mention he loves getting free stuff and then he never touches it again. lol

Jekel so glad that DS has decided to take charge of direction. DD2 decided to try her boards again this month, she finally went to doctor and he gave her a beta blocker to help with anxiety testing we are supposed to try out first and make sure dosage is correct- but as I told her it's going to be hard to recreate the test scenario but we will try main part will be to make sure there are no side effects.

Ruth sorry to hear about the accident, sounds like it will be a busy week there

Debbie so much better when you don't have to rush to get to work, hope it goes by quickly

Amy have fun with your DD and friends

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote