Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'5"

Default Atkins diet

I started Atkins diet and I am allowed 20 carbs on induction but tend to only consume 15 any benefit to this or negative results
forever14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/157/110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever14 View Post
I started Atkins diet and I am allowed 20 carbs on induction but tend to only consume 15 any benefit to this or negative results
Hi! When I did Atkins, I was on 20 grams of carbs. I was always tired and had no energy whatsoever. I was cranky and didnt have the energy to work out, walk, go to the gym or do anything. It works short term, but in the end, I gained back all the weight and thensome and slowed my metabolism even more. But everyone is different.

Back then , I went from 160 down to 130 (doing atkins) and then back up to 172. EEK!
chubbysfchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #3  

Quote:
I have heard that some lose more quickly when they lower their carb count. I'm not sure if this works for everyone though.
SawyerLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 AM   #4  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Forever14,

Hang in there. 15g is not going to have a bad affect. Make sure you are counting your veggie carbs, eggs, and cheese. Are you eating enough good fats during the day? I've been on Atkins Extended Induction for 2 1/2 years now with great results. Eventually my losses have slowed but I feel amazing and continue to stick to the plan. I follow 2002 Atkins DANDR. Good luck!
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

I have been doing Atkins since last October. My carbs are between 10-15 per day and calories 1000-1400 per day. I make sure I get my veggies in. I have no loss of energy. I don't lose fast with the medication I take and my age but it is food I can stick with. This is month five without bead, pasta, rice, fruit ( do have lemon slices in my water) and I am ok...yes eating out is a challenge, yes I want the high carb stuff but not enough to had a brief moment of ahhh then have a week of no progress..

It is all choices
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
I started Atkins diet and I am allowed 20 carbs on induction but tend to only consume 15 any bene
fit to this or negative results
don't do it.

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:38 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #7  

I also am on a low-carb diet and it's the best I've felt in my adult life. No more cravings, lots of energy, lowered blood pressure, and no more arthritis pain. I stay as close to 20 carbs as I can but it won't hurt you going lower.
Cincygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:55 AM   #8  

WTF?? Why everyone thinks that not eating is a way to get easier fit results?? You need "fuel" to work hard and exercise so don't do some wrong diets. Eat healthy and in small portions that is the big secret!
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

In the end you have to do what will work for you. For me it is low carb and little to no processed food. Moderation is a key and with low carb I can maintain this eating for the rest of my life. Low calorie I always always always felt hungry and deprived of foods I enjoy. Since starting low carb I have been able to drop 2 out of three long term medications (over 10 years). I know there are many of you who oppose low carb and think there is only one way but we all have our own path to walk
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote