Old 02-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/ 304.8 / 180.0

Height: 5'11"

Default Not great at opening up, but I do talk a lot.

I just found this site today and wanted to try and jump in. So I am new here and I hope to make this my home to vent and find support on things I can't easly talk to my friends and family about.

My name is Kimberly. I did write in the bio sticky, but I really wanted to expand and try to open up and make friends. I am 26 years old and a mother of two. I have no clue what I my current weight is as once I went from 280 and crossed the 300 line I stopped checking. Last time I was just shy of 350 about 6 months ago. I am between 5'11" and 6'1" depending on who measured me.

My boyfriend and friends are extremely supportive but they sometimes don't understand "I'm too heavy" or "I may not fit". An example was "Would you want to try and go rock climbing." Yes I would really like to try it, however most have a weight limit way below what I weigh. (Indoor places). We also live in Florida and enjoy many theme parks which means weight limits again. While I am very comfortable how I look I am not comfortable with my weight.

My current goal. I really don't have a set or end goal but just to "Create healthy habits". I am using my Samsung S Health to track exercise & meals.

- Stop snacking unless it's like part of a real snack. So the 3 - 5 meals. Not just whenever I want and eat all through out the day. I currently have it set at 2,500 calories a day. Which before I set that limit Idea I am pretty sure I was almost double with snacking.

- Exercise and physically set my mind to do something. I am currently doing what's called "baby steps to 5k" as I would love to run some 5k with my brother who turned his WoW addict to Running.

My biggest fear right now is shopping for a scale. My boyfriend being supportive said he would just grab one on his next paycheck. I tried to explain that I might have to pick it out myself since I have to make sure it can go high enough. I don't think he understands a lot might not go past 300. It's also hard for me to admit I have a fear what if I am higher than 400? I mean I am pretty sure I am still close to my weight of 350. However, I never thought I would go over 300 and here I am.

So if anyone has any recommendations for a good scale. I would love that advice as well as getting to know people on here and make friends. As well has find that support of people who understand where I am coming from and I don't have to feel so embarrassed to to open up.
Echoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Kimberly!
The 300+ group is great with understanding life in a bigger/heavier body. It is a place to gather for those who weigh 300+ or have in the past.
I had trouble finding a scale also. Found one at Walgreens. Hubby didn't understand why I was being so picky. I didn't have the heart to tell him I weighed more then 300 pounds.
The support here is great. Nothing anyone has said has shocked me yet.
Please stick around and join our community.
Ubee
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Echoluv!

My recommendation would be to shop around on Amazon for a scale. There's a lot more variety on there than in a store, with the added benefit of being able to check reviews and order from the comfort of your home. Remember that knowing your weight is a tool in your journey toward health, and that whatever that number is, it shouldn't dictate how you feel about yourself.

Couch to 5k is a great program, even for us larger ladies. And it's free! Utilizing the program, I was able to gradually get to a point where I could jog for a full 30 minutes without stopping. Which, at over 300 lbs, I never thought I would be able to do. I would suggest you start off gently and make sure you have good walking/jogging shoes.

We've all been where you are, and we know the struggle. That's one of the reasons why this group is so supportive and wonderful.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies. I will have to shop around online. I tend to prefer things I can buy in store. However the review will be helpful to guide me toward what I want and then see if I can fine one on store so I can physically see it. Or maybe I will just try to not be too picky and learn to love it knowing it's such a useful tool even if it gives me anxiety.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi Welcome - love the im 5'11 to 6 '1 depending on who measures you
My hight changes with how im standing i am 5'10 er perhaps split the diff and go with 6 foot!

I hope you find a suitable set of scales
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hi Echoluv! I ended up finding my scale at Elder Behrman (spelling?). I had to shop around at a few places before I found one that went over 300. I didn't want to order one online and have to wait. I'm impatient
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #7  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Hello Kimberly and Welcome. I found my scale on Amazon and I love it. I signed up for a 5K just to motivate myself to make it there. Me and the kiddo are doing a Bubble Run in September. We are working our way up to walking 3 miles right now and we will try running part of it after that. Good luck hon on your journey. Just know that if you set your mind to it that you can do it. All of the ladies here have helped me so much. Their support will help
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #8  

I still haven't picked a scale yet. I was was leaning towards ordering an EatSmart scale, but my boyfriend doesn't like that the glass ones seems to have a few reviews saying they shattered (with pictures). After that I started looking at the negative reviews and figured I would put it off a little longer and just check out my weight on a scale at the grocery store. Which when I went to my local one there wasn't one. I felt like they were always at grocery stores. :/

The bubble run sounds awesome. I was looking at trying the flavor or color run this year. When I get to week 6 of 10 for my 5k work out I figured I would sign up for my first one. So I know if I want to jump in or give myself a few extra weeks to train for one.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

The color run is so much fun! Everyone gets really into it, even if you're walking it.

I've never heard of glass scales shattering before, that's kinda scary! I've had my glass scale for a few years now, a Weight Watchers branded one I picked up at Walmart. It's very solid and feels sturdy when I stand on it.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Your next big thing to get should be a food scale. I track all my food/calories in My Fitness Pal and if I didn't' have my food scale I would be totally lost. I'm horrible at guessing/estimating weights and that can make a huge difference in your calorie count. Not sure what kind of food style your going to be doing but most of them has designated food amounts.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #11  

I think once I get to a more strict diet I will look into the food scales. For the most part I just kind of go with what was measured by amount (half a cup/ 2 slices) then I use my app to tell me what the over all meal would be and see if my addition of each item together came to. If its within like 30 calories I call it good. Since at this point I am trying to cut back vs a complete overhall of my eating habits. I am sure a month ago I went through 6 plus cans of soda. Now I am down to 2 a day which isn't great but it's like amazing for me and this time I am not just subbing for a ton of jucies, but I am drinking water ^.^

I feel like part of me is changing so much it's already adding up. I just wish I didn't feel so emotionally drained already. However I think that's just due to bad sleeping habits and feeling like my home is always a mess. XD