South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Week of Feb 13-17

Good morning, chicks! I've got coffee if you need it.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks. I have a few extra minutes this morning as we have a 2 hour delay for school. I would say we ended up with about a foot of snow and it is still lightly snowing out there. Our neighbor plowed last evening but I will go out soon to clean off my car and see if DH can get around me since he will leave first today.

Nothing special on my agenda today, other than a slightly shortened work day. I am trying to decide if I should take my sneakers and walk at work today or exercise at home....such a big decision for early Monday!

Ruth, how were all of your social events this weekend? Providing fodder for the town gossips?

Jennifer, is today your day off? Enjoy yourself.

Debbie, hope you are feeling better.

Pearlrose, chocolate strawberries sound delicious! I would have a hard time stopping at 2, I think.

Elyse, glad you figured out how to get your iphone to work for 3fc. I have a love-hate relationship with mine.

Guess I should get moving...Happy Monday, chicks!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Beth thanks for starting us off this week. Bring the sneakers this way you have a choice

Time to go chase the garbage cans before they get too far away. Got another good dusting last night. So today's plans are veggie prep, riding, more snow clean up and possibly a trip to the car wash for the work car and gas. My car will be staying in the garage again today. Bundle up chicks its windy out there!!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Just in from some chilly exercise. The dogs informed me that the stairs off the deck were stolen in the night so I had to shovel so they could get down into the yard. Picky pooches! They didn't understand "It's OK to use the deck! - obviously over-trained pottywise. It was actually a good way to start the morning and I really appreciate Beth's coffee. Schools are closed here and my lane is ploughed out.

Not sure what the week will bring but there seems to be something on every day although usual Monday coffee is cancelled because of the snow dump - 18", I think. The calendar tells me I am out with Bruce for a Valentine brunch at the school tomorrow and then will have him for dinner. Yes, the gossip wheels are turning.

No chocolate strawberries here but they sound great, Pearlrose. I' afraid I've had a slight upward blip from too much socializing.

Debbie, sorry you're still "under the weather" and hope you are back to your usual perky self soon.

Elyse, I am still struggling to figure out my Samsung - and I have a degree in Information Technology ... from back when we had steam computers, according to my bratty kids!

Jennifer, sorry the doggie situation is not perfect. Poor Coconut is probably still grieving.

Beth, late start is not as good as a snow day but better than nothing!

Gotta jet! The preacher is on his way for coffee and, he says, to do some shovelling. Too bad Richard has already been here and Super Dog Mom has cleared the deck steps.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for coffee, Beth! I'm going to enjoy one more cup before I head out. A bit of a restless night so I'm running a bit behind. Staying OP, though.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, bit chilly this morning frost on the cars but can't complain when some of you have 18" of snow. I have several conference calls today and then DD2 has ortho appt this afternoon so I will pick her up from school and then off we go. DH is still battling cold so we did not go branch removal instead DD1 and I went for a walk it was a bit chilly but not too bad with the sun out. I did get the house cleaned too.

Beth I will join you for a cup of tea. I agree with Jekel bring the sneakers and then you have a choice

Ruth so nice of you to shovel the steps for the doggies this morning..sounds like you have another busy day ahead

Jekel poor Coconut has to be rough for him. Have a good day off

Debbie hope work goes by quickly for you.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,all.
Well I sure fell off the wagon last night. Too many Indian crackers and blueberry muffin cake late at night.
I did get plenty exercise walking back and forth to estate sale next door. We got a 42" Panasonic for $100, good enough for us, HD, and more. I added a walk to total 2.4 mo.

Rose, I cant make out WFH?
Ruth, your doggs are funny, and so is my spelling.
Beth, yeah, just bring the sneaks. Hope you did.
tks for coffee.
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #8  

Elyse WFH means work from home. I've never heard of Indian crackers. Probably a good thing as I still have control issues with chips and crackers. Today's a new day. Nice score on the TV.

Debbie if your brain works anything like mine there are nights when I just can not shut off random thoughts. Hopefully tonight will be better. Great job staying OP!

Pearlrose glad DD is still staying active with you! Hope DD2's ortho appointment is quick and pain free (oh memories).

Ruth enjoy your Valentiine's Day brunch tomorrow. Let them talk! Lol Hope you are done getting snow for a while.

Today I finished my online cycling tour. It was 9 days, but due to snow I needed 10. I'm feeling good about my efforts and the calories burned! Today I was ravenous for lunch. After my ride I went out (different clothes), shoveled again, salted and moved cars in hopes of some of the ice melting. Then I tended to "Suzy" my snowblower. She seemed to be struggling yesterday. Apparently I picked up some kind of netting that was fouling with her blades. Don't worry she was off, but I managed to clear the obstruction. We are supposed to get another major dump on Thursday unless the storm heads west to California (hey I can hope right). Later I will go get some go-go juice for Suzy and fill up the work car. I may treat myself to Chinese food tonight. I figure with all the extra calories I get today I can afford the splurge.

Batten down the hatches today the wind knocked over my extremely heavy wishing well!
Old 02-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from still snowy Delta. Looks like more is on the way for tomorrow too, Jennifer. Too bad because it's dog grooming day and my groomer now lives way up Westport Mountain - a pretty drive in summer but ... I may rebook, although snow is in the forecast through to the 24th when I head to Ottawa to get the next morning's plane o Georgia.

Richard was late ploughing me out so I couldn't get out the lane until afternoon. Bruce came over with his shovel and one of his jock-type sons and they cleared the walks and even made a few potty paths in the dog yard. This sure has been a "real" winter all crammed into February.

This morning we (feels strange to say that!) are off to the public school annual brunch for seniors - the older children serve and the wee ones socialize. It's always quite delightful and the kids really like doing it. I know most of the children from visiting with the dogs and they will be disappointed not to see Jazz. However, we are doing a family day face painting and game thing at the Delta Library Saturday morning and he'll be there. Monday is Family Day in Ontario (a stat holiday) but the Village is making a weekend of it with different activities for three days. Bruce is planning to skate the Lake but I'll opt out of that and serve hot dogs and hot chocolate at the rink shack.

Time to crank up my day, remembering I have a dinner to cook tonight - smoked cod with a cream sauce.Not very romantic but that's what the guy wants! Red wine will help!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

A quickie before I head out to work. It's my early day and I still need one more cup of coffee, decaf that it is. lol I had a peaceful night and slept better probably because work was so busy. Still OP and I've done my exercises at home-now to the exercise at work.

Elysie, posting here has been my greatest gift of long term success. I have bad days with food but it's just normal and by coming here I get back on track.

PS if you are looking for something to do go visit Ruth. All the fun stuff seems to be up there!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

And bring a shovel and warm clothes.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Did not sleep well last night had a very sore throat that kept me up, this morning I gargled with salt water so hopefully that will help. Did my yoga and getting my report ready for 8 a.m. call. I am wfh again today (thanks for explaining Jekel) but will be going in tomorrow. I need to think about packing since we leave for the weekend trip on Thursday. Nothing on the agenda this evening, DH asked if I wanted to go out to dinner tonight, I will see how I feel later on.

Ruth a friend of mine from Maine posted pictures of all the snow they are getting, I don't miss living with that much snow Have fun today and enjoy your dinner.

Debbie hope works goes by quickly for you.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 02-14-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #13  

Ruth I agree with Debbie, Delta is a happpening place this weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your dinner tonight. Interesting choice, but if that makes Bruce happy so be it.

Pearlrose hope you feel better. It's nice DH wants to take you out for dinner. Believe me Valentine's Day is just another day here. Although I did eat a red Mexican stuffed pepper so that is a little festive lol

Debbie your job is certainly physically demanding and definitely counts as exercise. Hope the big tippers are out today!

Well yesterday I had a planned cheat (Chinese food) knowing I would see a gain today. Boy did I, a whopping 5 pounds of water weight overnight. Doubly cursed as TOM showed up unannounced. At least that explains why I am so tired today. I stayed OP (P1) today through dinner so far. Going to do my best to resist the chocolate hearts that I know are in the hutch in the dining room. Traditionally I am usually annoyed with either my son or Joe on Valentine's Day and eat a box out of spite (don't worry I buy small boxes just for this reason) Since Im not spending time with either of them today, I am going to eat both boxes.....jut kidding...lol I'll be good and get some miles in after coffee.

May your day be sweet in a good way
Old 02-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #14  

Evening, chicks.

Ruth, we had a bit of a warm up today; just above freezing but it melted the snow pile on top of my car! (I cleaned off what I could, but I am too short to reach all of it) Anyway, I think I will join the crew coming to Delta for all the fun!!

Pearlrose, DH and I specifically decided NOT to go out tonight so we could avoid the crowds. I made meatball casserole instead along with some black bean spaghetti. We may go out tomorrow instead.

Jennifer, I resisted the chocolate hearts, although I always have a stash of dark chocolate....As long as I don't break the seal I'm okay but once I do it's hard to resist. Guess I should learn to make better choices at the store, lol.

Debbie, glad you are feeling better and got a good sleep. I hate those mornings after a poor sleep; I feel groggy all day.

Verrrryyyyyy long staff meeting after school today but I did manage a short workout when I got home. Tomorrow's hump day!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #15  

Beth I am the same way. The little voice in my head often says "oh you know that's trouble" when I put certain trigger foods in the shopping cart. I'm usually pretty good, but sometimes......lol