South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - February 4th and 5th

Good morning. We have a skiff of snow and a sunny but cold day predicted - no crabbing from me because this is normal February weather. Lots of Village folk are sick and most of them did not get the 'flu shot last fall.

The parson and I are are going out for breakfast at 8 - we call it feeding the gossip mill. There is no coffee shop in Delta - yet! - so Barb and Mac are doing "Mac"Breakfast in the Church Hall. Nice to see people take the initiative to help this Village revive. Pretty sad to have a National Historic Site and no place to get a coffee and toast.

Later this morning I am DEFINITELY going to Brockville and spending those gift cards that have been burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas. I may also buy a potted plant to brighten the kitchen as I have Church folk coming for coffee and toast tomorrow. Since our Anglican Church closed, we get together Sunday mornings.

What's happening in your slice of the world?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Well I got over to Glenwood went to the pool first morning and then started coming down with a cold. Not Pool related I don't think. I guess it's just my turn. I have just stayed home and done basically nothing. I did get Kirks flights booked for Alaska which was a big deal and I got a minor repair done to our SUV that was long overdue. It really helps me to always get something accomplished even when I don't feel well. Keeps me headed in the right direction.

I just got up to enjoy a cup of coffee and it looks like snow. I'm going to head over early to avoid as much as possible. Then just get more rest.

Happy weekend everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to warm up to the high 30s today, I will take it. We ended up staying home last night, DD2 and a bunch of her friends came over instead. Today is cleaning house and not much else on the agenda. I did get my flooring in yesterday, hauled all of it to the basement for now since it is still going to be a couple of weeks before we install.

Ruth its nice people are creating ways to stay connected

Debbie hope you feel better and safe travel over

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Ruth - we must live in the same town, there are very few places to get breakfast around here. Debbie...brrr...swimming in the winter, you're a braver soul than me!

I'm having our work party tonight at Fleming's - it's like a ruth's chris or morton's. Everyone else loves these parties, I don't. I have to be the one who makes sure it all goes smoothly, everyone mingles and mixes, etc. We got hotel rooms for everyone for the night - it is an open bar and I don't want people driving.

And I'm .4 away from losing 20 officially. I'm a size down in clothes now, which feels awesome. I'm trying my hardest to be happy with the present and not think - oh when I'm a size whatever, then I'll have done something.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon only stopped by to read posts yesterday. Took a couple of hours off yesterday for DS's birthday. I was even a cool mom for one day and treated him to his first legal beer lol. Today is work then day 1 of a 9 day cycling tour. It's online so no need to go out in this cold lol.

Ruth I think it's great your community is so close t each other.

Pearlrose think of the workout you got in carrying the flooring to the basement.

Debbie hope you feel better.

Amy you should be really proud of yourself!!! Try and enjoy the dinner.

Back to the grind lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon (barely), chicks! Back from our science competition at the local university. Our kids did well enough to bring home a trophy but not so well that I have to hire a bus to take us to states. lol

Ruth, it is quite blustery here today also. Nice that the village is coming up with ways to get together. I don't know what the answer is but I find it sad when towns lose population and services. Our part of the state is similar.

Debbie, hope you feel better soon.

Pearlrose, DH and I are discussing some home improvement projects but it is tough to prioritize.

Jennifer, enjoy the bike ride!

Amy, I am glad you are having such success! I also understand the part about getting impatient.

I'm going to write the report for my science club tonight so I am really and truly done. Have a good evening all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie. ood morning. Can't linger because 20 church people will be here at 9 and I have to conquer kitchen chaos before then. (Never start to make soup at 9 PM when you are expecting morning company but the house smells good!)

I did get to town for my shop yesterday. No luck on the books but I can get them online or get them in Kingston next week if it works out. It's looking like a busy week with a few appointments and somehow I said yes to two evening meetings. Darned people who work in the day!

Back later. For now, I need to get my kitchen tamed and set up for company.

Beth, looks like Tuesday and maybe Wednesday will be snow days!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for all the well wishes. After spending the past three days doing nothing but resting I'm feeling lots better. This is a short workday so I will just get it over with and come home and continue to rest. It's too bad because it's pretty warm here and I could be out in the yard a bit but I think that would be pushing it.

Amy, our swimming pool is actually a giant Hot Springs and it's actually quite nice in the winter. I enjoy hearing of your success with South Beach. Keep up the good work!

Ruth, hope your get together goes well.

Beth, kudos to your group doing well enough to get a trophy.

Rose, nice your flooring arrived!

Jennifer, happy birthday to DS. Your online cycling tour sounds fun. How many miles?

OK, I'd better get organized here. I slept late just leaving minimum time to get ready this morning.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finally slept past 6 a.m. the cat woke me up at 6:30 a.m. I might have managed 7 a.m. on my own. Yesterday was very cold and had the house to myself in the evening as DH and DD2 got some free tickets to Monster trucks and DD2 went to Glo Bingo. I managed to fall into some cookies and the scale shows it today. Today going to try and go the whole day in Phase 1, take it one day at a time is my new motto. We are not into going to Superbowl parties and even if we watch here I don't make special food for it.

Jekel how many miles are you going to do on this cycle? I did get a workout from carrying the flooring in, I was sweating profusely when I was done, in total it weighed 388 lbs but it broke down to 35 lbs per carton.

Ruth have fun with your church group this morning

Beth glad the kids did well enough to get a trophy

Debbie best to rest up, I am sure there will be more nice days

Amy you are doing great, hope you were able to enjoy the dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
I've been to the grocery store and completed my weekly "make breakfast for the work week" bonanza. So now I'm relaxing for a few minutes. DH and I might make a BJs run a little later; we are desperately low on coffee and that's the best place to buy it. I'd also like to workout later. We will probably have the game on tonight but we won't do anything special for it.

I was very good at ignoring all of the junk food the kids brought yesterday but I also "fell into" a very off plan dinner so today I will climb back on the wagon since the scale went up today. Pearlrose, I'm with you, one day at a time is all you can do.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Last edited by Beth19; 02-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #11  

Ruth did you make the soup for your get together or did you have to cook for them too? You certainly are busy these days.

Debbie a hot spring sounds heavenly. Now I know why you go when you can. Glad you are feeling better.

Beth kudos on the trophy! One day, heck one meal at a time some days lol.

Pearlrose moving the flooring was one heck of a work out! Im not doing anything special for the Super Bowl either. Joe and I are going to dinner which I really don't plan on being too good lol.

The Sufferfest is a 9 day online cycling tour. Each day is different. Yesterday was time trials (consistent cadence pushing yourself fo an hour. It was tough! Today was hills and I mean hills for 2 hours! About an hour into it I was "suffering." Lucky for me Coconut needed to go out, so I took a 10 minute break and had some GU (just like the name implies) for energy. I drank over 100 ounces of water during the workout and burned over 600 calories. Intense is an understatement. I think tomorrow it is a simulated indoor race. Not sure how many miles I will accomplish over the 9 days, but I am keeping track. I did sign up for a ride in April. Suffolk County PD 6th precinct is sponsoring a ride to raise money for wounded veterans of Long Island. A few of us are doing it as a precursor to the "big" ride in May.

Otherwise just a day of the normal weekend chores.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #12  

Good morning. We are getting another 8" of the white stuff today. Not happy as I plan to go to a fundraiser later today, which I said I would help at. Nancy and Jim left this morning for Florida. Hopefully their flight is not delayed. Rylee will be spending some quality time here. I am hoping Coconut might be different with Rylee without Mick here. Maybe he will like her company.When I am at work I will bring Rylee to her house as I don't know if I trust Coconut to behave lol.

I've lost 2 pounds since last week, which makes 3 for the month. I told myself once I got back to goal I would make an appointment for a physical. I actually need to make appointments with the eye dr and the podiatrist too. Maybe even the dermatologist as I haven't had a skin cancer screening in quite some time.

Just got a text, the fundraiser has been rescheduled to March 26th. Actually relieved as I have to take care of 3 driveways today. Mine, Jim's and our neighbor Georgia. I hope there is enough gas in the snow blower. Although I know where Jim keeps his gas can PHEW.