Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/196/135

Height: 5'5''

Default How to deal with discouraging thoughts

Hi everyone!

I committed to a life style of healthy eating and exercise last August. In the first three months of my commitment, I lost 15 lbs, and at that time I was so happy to see my face thinning out and my clothes fitting better. I felt awesome about myself and my changing body.

Another three months later, my weight loss has come to a halt, but I've been maintaining my weight. Rationally speaking, I should feel good about not bouncing back on the scale. However, emotionally speaking, I don't feel good about my body anymore, and my positivity is fading. I guess I got used to the way I look now.

How do you guys deal with discouraging thoughts about the way your body looks and when your progress is stalling?

Thanks for your help!
heilnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:32 AM   #2  

First and foremost, congrats on your loss and all that you have done! Staying positive is the trick! It really is! I can only offer a suggestion, seeing as you asked, and of course we are all different. When you find your mind wandering to those negative places, do a so called "reframe" to your mind and think positive. I know it is easier said then done and believe me, I practice it all the time! We need energy and focus onto our plan, for me anyways, it takes a lot of energy and focus. I need to be positive in order to sustain this. How? day by day! and each and every day! Only saying what helps me and I hope it helps you as well. It takes some practice but can be done, remember, it all starts with the mind......the rest will follow. I wish you much success in all of your endeavors and a great new day tomorrow! I will be there, practicing all that I said! There are a lot of knowledgeable gals in here that I am sure will offer up some advice and words of wisdom to help you along your plight.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilnana View Post
Hi everyone!

I committed to a life style of healthy eating and exercise last August. In the first three months of my commitment, I lost 15 lbs, and at that time I was so happy to see my face thinning out and my clothes fitting better. I felt awesome about myself and my changing body.

Another three months later, my weight loss has come to a halt, but I've been maintaining my weight. Rationally speaking, I should feel good about not bouncing back on the scale. However, emotionally speaking, I don't feel good about my body anymore, and my positivity is fading. I guess I got used to the way I look now.

How do you guys deal with discouraging thoughts about the way your body looks and when your progress is stalling?

Thanks for your help!
Going through the ups and down of weight loss is definitely a normal process. The way I deal with discouraging thoughts is to think about how I felt while I was losing weight. I think how happy I was and how my whole attitude about everything changed. Being mentally tough is just as challenging as the physical part, but you can do it. Try to think back about all the positive things you brought to your life and you will be sure to get back on track. Think positive and set high goals. Keep yourself driven.
PsmfDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/196/135

Height: 5'5''

Thank you for your support!

Have you guys tried keeping a journal of your goals and reflections? I personally have not and am wondering how to get started on that.
heilnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I read around the forums until I found a thread that suited me, realised I was inadvertently taking it over, and started a new one that's similar. So far it's just me, but other people are welcome to join. I'm chatting about food in terms of finding new recipes and such, and logging doing the things I really need to do but am lousy at keeping up with: meditation, stretches and general relaxation, creative things like sewing and music. Weight gain isn't purely about food, it's about how you are using food to react to problems in your life. For me a lot of that is about stress and frustration, so I'm working on those. Figure out something it'd be useful for you to work on and start a thread!
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote