Old 02-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #1  

Cool Let's do it together!

Hello everyone!

I need help. I need a weight loss buddy close to or around my age. I’m 35, 5'1, asian. CW is 203. i started beginning of this month at 213. The first step to solving your problem is admitting you need help, right? Haha.

A little background: I did Medifast a few years ago and lost a whopping 60+lbs. Life went haywire and I gained it ALL back and then some. I guess I was just trying to outdo myself lol.

Last year, we had a bet going on at work to see who would lose more weight. I lost 27lbs in 3 months! Guess who won? ME! But the bet went away and I gained it back. Not all, but enough to make me miserable again.

This time, I am in it for the long run. No more excuses, plus I want these aches in my joints to go away. I’m too young to not be able to jog and hike. I have started Medifast and I will be looking to join the gym soon as well.

However, I have found that I need a bit of…competitive encouragement lol. I’d like to have a friend to help push me and encourage me and tell me a rough day won’t be the death of me. In return I will definitely do the same.

If anyone would like to be in on this with me..pleaaaaaaseee do reply! I don’t bite, I promise. Unless you’re a juicy piece of steak…or carnitas…or...ok, see I do need help!

Last edited by pinkberry; 02-01-2017 at 05:37 PM.
pinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/205/155

Height: 5'9

Happy to support each other!
first60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #3  

Default Support

Well Iam happy to support in our journey IAm 31 Hispanic 4'12 185 lb looking to loose all of these pound off tired of the excuses !!!
Fancynancy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #4  

Default Medifast

So what is medifast ?
Fancynancy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 AM   #5  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Also happy to support and 'compete!' I have been losing weight for years, but never got all the way there and stopped. This time, I am in it for the long haul and trying to make life changes that will stick. It helps that I am living in a new place where being active is an actual thing, and healthy food abundant.

I started mid last month at 217, am 206.8 this morning and want to hit and STAY! at around 150 some time this year. I am 5'7.

My plan is just using my own knowledge on what I should and shouldn't eat and to photo everything to make me more mindful.
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #6  

Yay! im glad to see you guys reply! Sorry, i would post this the one weekend i take off to a place with no internet, lol.

@Fancynancy21, Medifast is a pre-packaged meal service. There is a thread entirely devoted to it as well here.

I hope everyone is on plan and doing well!
pinkberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #7  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

First 'proper' stall is upon me. I have been hovering around and above 205 for a week and the scales simply will not work with me and break it. Today is my day off so was planning on eating well and getting out and about hill walking, but the weather is vile. I am instead going to make a quick dash to the supermarket and then do my first proper intensive home workout here. Frustrating but gotta work with these things!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm 34, 5'7", 187lbs. I could definitely use a weight loss buddy! I recently came back to 3FC after a long time away, and I'm determined to get control over my weight this time.

I'm actually getting into the OA 12 steps to process my dinner-to-bedtime snacking habit. I've been journaling and thinking about turning it into a blog eventually. Basically, I'm trying something different this time. I'm determined NOT to quit.

What did you have in mind for weight loss support/motivation? Let me know!
ThinkAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/225/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the EXACT same boat, but for different reasons. I'm 35, 225 lbs, 5'9. I'm looking for a support group who understands what it's like to struggle to lose weight and keep it off because that's where I'm at right now. I've always been fit, healthy, active. A runner and weightlifter, I LOVED every moment in the gym.

Two years ago I weighed a very healthy and flattering 160 lbs, but then mysteriously started gaining weight. At one point I was working out 2x a day and running a 5K six days a week just to maintain 218 pounds while weighing all my food and tracking religiously. No matter what I did, I couldn't lose even an ounce. 60 lbs and a couple of trips to the doctor later and BAM! Hashimoto's Thyroiditis has almost destroyed my thyroid in addition to giving me brittle bones, low cortisol, joint pain, heart palpitations, and weekly migraines. But I'm getting back to where I want to be health wise with an organic diet and proper hormone replacement therapy, it's just a really long, really tiring journey.

Any support right now helps, you know? I've never had to struggle so hard in my life to take off a pound or two.
springshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/189.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi! 31 5'4" 193 White/ Hispanic. I started off at 209 this time, Lost weight in December gained it all back plus 10lbs by end of February. That's when I was like Hold up! I got to do something! I need a buddy desperately, my bestie has been my buddy, but while we are around the same height she weighs much less than I do and we are shaped very differently. I'm curvy and carry weight very proportionately, like all over not one part of me is fat, all of me is. She on the other hand has long lean arms and legs and carries weight in her tummy, which she's losing. I try really hard not to compare but it's so hard not too.
Tacos_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

How is everyone doing?

I'm starting tomorrow- taking a big step and starting the 21 day Fix. I'm 34, 5', 196lbs. My youngest is almost 6 months old, and we're now done having babies. 5 babies in 8 years has been (and is!) busy, but I'm slowly learning to take care of myself as well. Each small thing I start doing for myself, I start to realise how important these things are.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/182/175

Height: 5'10

Awesome....I am down 9 pounds in 24 days. Super excited, love all the support. The 30 day system....was a game changer. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I have more energy then I have had in years!!! Woop Woop Great work everyone.
ryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/185/133

I'm 37, and after having my last baby (not so much a baby anymore) nearly 3 years ago and putting on a massive amount of weight while pregnant, its time for me to quit the excuses and get on with losing it! I'm currently at my highest weight ever of 195lbs and my first mini goal is to get below 170lbs and finally get back to a healthy BMI (I'm 5'9").

My ultimate goal is to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 133lbs, although I'd be happy if I could make it to 140lbs if I could build some muscle too.
diamondpony80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 AM   #14  

Default Would love to join anyone as a buddy!

Hi! Thank you for sharing your stories. I am also looking for a buddy as I release 30 lbs in the next four months (beginning of 2018).

I am 5'5" at 220 lbs -- just turned 35 woohoo! I gained weight in college way back in the day and have lost 10 pounds here and there, but I'm ready and want to let any extra weight go. I've always been active and teach dance and yoga so I'd love to release some extra weight to feel more light when I move. Also I have a lower back problem and I want to reduce the amount of weight on my back and joints/help give myself optimal chance at dancing and moving a little me lightly.

Would anyone like to start a one-month support group for September? Every Tuesday check in with each other?
TheAnisa is offline   Reply With Quote