Old 01-29-2017, 07:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

Default In the back of your closet

Do you hold on to clothes that no longer fit? Do you keep everything that is too small or just a pair or two of your favorite jeans?

What about clothes that are too big, do you keep any of those clothes?
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

I hung on to all my smaller clothes because getting large wasn't in my plans and I never expected it to get worse over the course of around 6 years. As each year went by, I just ignored it and figured it would go away because I hadn't had a weight problem in the past. Haha- 10 pounds up a year eventually became overwhelming, so here I am.

I have a closet full of size 8-12 because it never occurred to me I wouldn't be back in them again and they are valuable. I am just starting to be able to use them again. As I get too small for what I have, I put it the item(s) in a box, labeled with the size, and scheduled for donation. If I gain weight again, I am hopeful the financial and emotional pain of having to buy new larger clothes gives me some incentive to turn it back around before it becomes overwhelming again.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 01-29-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

When I started my weight-loss journey I was in a tight size 14. I had held on to 4 pairs of size 12 jeans in hopes of one day fitting into them again. I have since surpassed that size and am now in a size 8. I have already donated my size 14 pants and jeans but I'm hesitant to let go of the 12's. I think maybe because those were my small jeans for so long and they are the biggest size that I am comfortable in, not sure. I want to continue to lose weight and I'm thinking once I surpass size 8 I will be able to let go of the 12's and keep the 8's as my big size

Last edited by wefrogy; 01-29-2017 at 01:01 PM.
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #4  
=)

S/C/G: 230/219/170

Height: 5'8

I have several things that are way too small! An absolute favorite little yellow dress being one of them.I didnt keep them necessarily because i thought id get back into them someday. I kept them because I'm very sentimental and I wore some of these during a really happy time in my life. It brings back nice memories when i pull them out. Plus i want my kid to know his mama was hot at one time in her life, if she never is again! Hahaha! I would love it though if i were able to get back into them!! =)
ThisIsMyRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:35 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I hung on to my smaller clothes for years, and then about a year ago I gave up on ever fitting into them again and gave them to a charity. Then last year I got really sick and as a result lost a bunch of weight. It'd be kind of nice to have those clothes back, now, and I'm one size away from having any pants that aren't too loose on me. I've already boxed up a bunch of my pants because they literally look like clown pants on me. But I'm not tossing them, because my fear is that when I get better that the weight will just come back.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I keep them all. I have pants in sizes 4-14 same with shirts etc. I enjoy finally fitting into something again! But so far it has not worked the other way. It is hard to get back on track even when something does not fit anymore until I am good and ready (usually when I am in the biggest of sizes )

Sometimes I even buy something a couple of sizes too small and use it as motivation. The day I finally fit into it is a great day!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

I am keeping one pair of jeans -NZ size 26 .. that I started my journey with for comparison - I don't want to be that girl again ... I dont tend to buy too much in the way of clothes so what I do wear gets warn lots.. and wears out so I need to buy new clothes .. at the moment Im a multiple size kind of clothing gal... so I get the smaller fitting to shrink into it and get loads of wear out of before it doesn't fit anymore ok so not too much shape in a lot of it but it works and I am so not a clothes shopping fan .. well not yet that is..
last time I had to buy new tights was I put a pair on after work and they fell down not stretched just now too big for me
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:45 AM   #8  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Yeah. For better or for worse, I have a lot of clothes that are too small. I just don't want to go out and buy more as I (hopefully) lose the weight of my regain. I wish I had kept one pair of my really big jeans, just for the sake of comparison...
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:13 AM   #9  

Hi magic Susan

That's a good idea I'm a bit of a clothing hoarder and still have my "largest ever" pair of jeans In the wardrobe seems as it's been since Forever since I was last my current weight I think I've finally hit there is nothing left to wear that fits right now and may have to go buy some new clothes to get me through
Old 03-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #10  
Here to Learn

I'm trying to work up the courage to donate my clothes that I can't wear any more. I'm so scared I'll regain that part of me wants to keep the clothes, just in case, but that is also probably self-defeating.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/245/150

Height: 5'6

Yes and Yes! I keep smaller clothes in the hope that one day I will fit in them again. I keep some bigger clothes as well, because I like to wear it when I have my period or when I'm feeling sick. Big baggy makes me feel like I'm thinner.....sad I know, but whatever perks me up
RoseFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #12  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseFish View Post
Yes and Yes! I keep smaller clothes in the hope that one day I will fit in them again. I keep some bigger clothes as well, because I like to wear it when I have my period or when I'm feeling sick. Big baggy makes me feel like I'm thinner.....sad I know, but whatever perks me up
I'm similar. It can feel really good to put on a pair of pants that used to be tight or that I couldn't get into before and now they're loose.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #13  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I get rid of my bigger clothes, the ones that no longer fit. As I've progressively lost weight, I've been shopping at thrift stores (mostly for jeans). Some of the dress pants/jeans/skirts that I buy are too small, and those are in a separate section of my closet, in the "hopefully I'll get them over my thigh" section. The problem is, as you know, every brand sizes differently. ****, the same brand sizes differently, depending on their "style". A size 14 "modern" fit is a bit loose, but a size 12 "modern" fit makes me look like a sausage. I'll never understand that......
The thing that bothers me the most are bras. Why....why, oh why must my cup size go down? This is cruel.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:18 AM   #14  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 View Post
The thing that bothers me the most are bras. Why....why, oh why must my cup size go down? This is cruel.
So true!

As a follow up- I gave away ALL my big clothes during Lent. Then of course I gained weight over the Easter holiday. Back on the wagon today! Can't gain weight now.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #15  

I just realised I do keep smaller clothes - as have said earlier on in this thread I horde clothes -especially as I find it hard to find clothes at the best of times I like so I do hold on to them - especially when they have meaning I have my school ball (um might be prom for you I think) dress and have done so well at this weight loss thing I was able to put it on and zip it up - I haven't worn this dress since I was 18! now I'm 40