Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/180

Height: 5'5

Default New Here! 25 years old and 270lbs

Hello! I'm new here. I love reading everyone's posts. I hope to offer support along your journeys. I'm 25 and have been struggling with my weight my whole life. I am up to 270 and am 5'5. I suffer from depression and a thyroid disorder (under medication). My boyfriend is 160 and is in excellent shape, yet he doesn't workout out and eats garbage. He loves me for me, but he isn't the greatest motivator for my health, so that's why I'm here. Anyways I'm rambling...

I walked into a Natural Grocery store yesterday, and was very inspired to make a change. I purchase all natural organic healthy foods. As inspired by Netflix's "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" & "Hungry for a Change", I am started out with a cleanse. Today I'm drinking purified water, veggie juices (greens), and aloe vera. I'm hoping to release some built up toxins and cleanse my digestive tract.

Any advise on my first couple weeks?
MinnesotaNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:26 AM   #2  

Good to meet you Nikki
It is difficult to give advice re diet. Simply because each person finds what works best for them. Some go for low carb. I know that low carb combined with low calories works for me. But eliminating most carbs can be very difficult for a while. Others go for the So. Beach diet. Some go for weight watchers. It is so individual. I guess it is what each person can handle best.

Sorry you have an underactive thyroid. I think many people here have that going on. I hope you find some threads here where you feel comfortable. I post on this thread: "January 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!"

wishing you all the best
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 AM   #3  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I second the accountability thread. That's where I post several times a day! It's a great place for support! Come join us!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hi MinnesotaNikki! You'll find tons of support here. I also like the Daily Accountability Thread. Flower is right on about finding out what works for you. Personally, I'm one who needs to make one change at a time. Once that change has kicked in and become easy for me and I feel I've gotten all the weight loss I can out of it, I move onto the next change. After more than two years, I'm still not exactly where I want to be eating and exercise wise, but I'm much closer than I used to be. Good luck! If I can do this, you can too!

Last edited by Treasa; 01-24-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote