Old 01-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258.8/252.00/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Looking for low carb bread and wrap suggestions

Hi Today I started the Diabetes Miracle solution diet which is a low carb type diet. In the 1st phase I can have breads and wraps with net 5 carbs. Any suggestions for the best tasting ones?
Thanks!
thatsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #2  

I generally like the ThinSlim Bagels, but you have to order online. I know there are lower-carb options in stores (Joseph's Flax Pitas, La Tortilla), but I'm haven't googled to see if they are 5 carbs or lower. Good luck!!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #3  

Cabbage, chard, collards, lettuce, cauliflower: http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I get a high-fiber tortilla and bread at our grocery store. They're not touted as "low carb" but if you're doing net carbs and can subtract fiber they may be an option.

Mostly I just use low-carb pancakes/crepes (search on "low carb cream cheese pancakes"" for recipe) or lettuce wraps.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

The best wrap of course is Lettuce or anything else without carbs. If you absolutely need a carb wrap, there is a tortilla wrap by OLE called Xtreme Wellness (high Fiber, low carb) which is prob the best I've see. Available at Kroger all around my area. Made with 100% whole wheat, olive Oil and flax Seed. (But it still has carbs).

The best advice is to just wean ourselves of all bread products including wraps....
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258.8/252.00/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone. I have found wraps pitas and bread with net carbs of around 5 which is what I need. Of course I know about using lettuce and such but was specifically looking for bread as I mentioned.
I forget who said we should stop eating bread products all together. Thanks for the suggestion but I have no desire to do that. Have been losing steadily having net 5 grams of carbs up to 3 times a day. On this program I will actually be adding carbs on each stage until I hit my sweet spot lol no pun intended.

Last edited by thatsok; 02-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.
thatsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 322/322/280

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsok View Post
Thanks everyone. I have found wraps pitas and bread with net carbs of around 5 which is what I need. Of course I know about using lettuce and such but was specifically looking for bread as I mentioned.
I forget who said we should stop eating bread products all together. Thanks for the suggestion but I have no desire to do that. Have been losing steadily having net 5 grams of carbs up to 3 times a day. On this program I will actually be adding carbs on each stage until I hit my sweet spot lol no pun intended.
What brand/where do you buy the 5 carb pita?
abug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #8  
Recovering Sugar Addict

S/C/G: 263/260/188

The Xtreme Wellness is a really good low net carb wrap. La Tortilla Factory has a low carb version that's very tasty with 5 net carbs.
MsKayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I don't eat store bought low-carb bread. We make cauliflower or almond breads, pizza crusts, cookies, wraps, etc ourselves. It's pretty easy, and the secret is wringing out the cauliflower in cheesecloth or a tea towel to get rid of AS MUCH water as you can, after steaming it.

This makes such a difference. We are never going back to grain-bread products ever. We make pizza that you can hold in your hand and it doesn't break!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abug View Post
What brand/where do you buy the 5 carb pita?
Joseph's Bread has 5 net carbs. I love them and the lavish bread wraps they make. I use them for pizzas too

I can't post links yet but the address is josephsbakery[dot]com You can find local stores. Only Walmart has them near me.

Last edited by Steampunkchick; 04-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Steampunkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 01:28 PM   #11  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Anyone tried making Genaw's spinach bread?
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote