Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default **JANUARY 2017 STARTERS** Our Year For Success!

Good morning all! I wanted to have a fresh new thread for anyone who is starting or re-starting Medifast in January. I shared this on the other thread, but several years ago I had great success losing about 60 pounds on Medifast 5 and 1 plan. I regained most of it back when I stopped without transitioning correctly. So, I came back in December but only made it a few days before falling apart due to holiday foods and parties. I am re-starting for the LAST time on January 2. Want to join me? All January starters welcome, let's make 2017 our year to get healthy!
StephGetsHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #2  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

I'm not a January starter - but I would definitely like some new support. Hope we have many to join and many to succeed!!
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #3  

I am starting in January!! I am doing a fast next week with my mom. Eating healthy and doing this colon cleanse her doc recommended. And then starting the Take Shape For Life medifast plan! Picking stuff out today in my shopping cart. I am hoping I stick to this and get results. I am 253 lbs. In April I was 231 and got in a car accident. had to take prednisone for a back injury. Stopped exercising and of course ate like crazy. I am even having chest tightness/pains and shortness of breath .... being checked out by a doc. Had an echo and 2 ekgs that may or may not be abnormal and a stress test tomorrow. But really.... its all pointing to my BELLY. It feels like the weight is all there and its pushing up on my diaphragm. So really, I am hoping that's just it. And if so... well medifast here I come. Would love the support and food ideas. This is a first for me. Ive never tried a diet/lifestyle where most of my snacks or meals are provided. This is a first for me. I had great success on metabolic center, atkins, weight watchers. But then failed half way into it. I just love that I get a health coach with this plan and that I HAVE a food plan.
clarissairene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:13 AM   #4  

Welcome Gina and Clarissa! Wow, the medical things sound familiar. I have started having acid reflux ALL night long. It is so bad it wakes me up in the night and I have Tums on my bedside stand. I have to take them before I go to bed and maybe twice in the night, even when I prop up with pillows. This is a recent development with the weight gain and is a big motivation for me to do Medifast! I know less weight combined with not eating heavy foods at night will help. I hope your heart is okay Clarissa and your tests turn out okay. Are you going to ask the doctor what he thinks of Medifast? My doctor is happy with it as long as I add enough protein and fat to get to 1200 calories a day. I admit I don't want to do that. I think it will slow the losses. So for the first week at least, I will try to stay strict on Medifast. I think if I just do the 1200 calorie days half the time, that should be adequate. We'll see.

I am excited to start! I know the first few days will be hard but then it gets easier. I plan to just start walking a bit more, nothing strenuous at all.

Last edited by StephGetsHealthy; 12-30-2016 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #5  

hi, everyone, and happy New Year! I am officially starting Medifast tomorrow because of party stuff going on today (I have to cook). But today I weighed, started drinking more water and eating less carbs to ease into it a bit. I also set up my FitBit because I think tracking my steps will help me be more active.

Today I will go shopping and get some essentials: lean meats, low carb veggies, and my crutch - diet sodas. I am also going to organize my MF and Wonderslim food stash. I have one of those over-the-door shoe organizers in my bedroom, and I plan to store the packets in the shoe slots. I cut the front panel from the MF box and stick that in front of the packets so I know what is in each slot, make sense? So far I have organized my shakes and drinks by flavor, hot cocoa, smoothies, pancakes, and soups. I had some extra spaces so I am putting bars in some of the slots. Then I also have a small rubbermaid tub with extras in it. I got a whole bag of someone else's leftover Wonderslim foods for very cheap so I have a variety of things like pretzels and snacks in there too. I am just going to use all the packets, bars, etc as "Medifast meals" along with my actual MF meals, for variety. I read the nutrition facts and everything is similar except for the vitamins so I am taking a multi vitamin daily. And I will do the Lean and Green meal for dinner.

I hope to see lots of other people join us soon!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #6  

Good morning all! I am having my first MF meal of the day: Hot Cocoa. I know the first 3 days are the hardest so I hope to see more people show up here for support. I am determined to stick with this!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #7  

Hi! Just started on January 2nd. So far so good! Everyone in my family is still living and coffee with out sugar isn't as bad as I thought! Looking to make this a success. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last November and I'm trying to stay off medication. Looking forward to the journey with all of you!
Bbabe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/154/125

Height: 5/3

I'm starting tomorrow. I lost 16 lbs in 6 weeks before my Moms wedding and felt so good. Then I binged and gained back. I felt so good on the program. Sooo much energy. I want that again!
Chubbynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/154/125

Height: 5/3

How do I get one of the trackers on my feed to show progress?
Chubbynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbynurse View Post
How do I get one of the trackers on my feed to show progress?
Someone once said 20 days and 20 posts, but it took 25 posts for me. They are fun to track progress, and you can just add a link from TickerFactory.com directly to your 3FC signature that updates automatically.

Welcome to the Medifast group!!

Last edited by TWINCA; 01-08-2017 at 11:05 AM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #11  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Greetings all!

I am starting Medifast later this week. I signed up last week and I'm so used to Amazon's quick delivery schedule, I was a bit disheartened to find out my Medifast plan would take 5-7 days. Looking at the UPS tracking information, it literally is arriving 7 days after I signed up. I am so raring to go.

Oddly enough, I've spent the last few days cleaning my house, reorganizing my spaces, throwing the clutter away. It's like I'm nesting in preparation for this new journey.

A little about me. I'm Canadian and moved to Virginia six years ago to get married. Just before I moved, I had finished a weight loss journey of having lost 120lbs on a medically supervised vlc programme with shots. My maintenance strategy was non-existent (because I wanted to stop before the clinic wanted me to, they did not offer maintenance) and I frankly ate like a jerk. I had taken up running right after losing (because it was my primary motivator) and thought I could eat anything. When I moved to Virginia, I gave up running but still ate whatever I wanted. Now, here I am having undone all that hard work and am restarting down the road to lose 120lbs.

I have not weighed myself yet but I have a fairly good idea where I am. I have an appointment to see my cardiologist on Friday so I'll have to face the scale then anyway.

Spent last evening trolling the Medifast Round 2 forum and am looking forward to being an active member of this and other threads!

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote