Old 12-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #1  
Mrinalini

Default IP through the Holidays 2016

I thought it might me a good idea to have a thread like this right now. I am stressing HARDCORE cause I've been feeling so left out with all the holiday food and all. I feel really down about it! Anyone else doing IP through the holidays? Hows it going?
mrinaliniv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

The holidays are difficult, there is not doubt about that. My plan is to stick to protocol so that I have no regrets afterward. Phase 1 is temporary. There will be time to enjoy the holiday foods in years to come. Healthier, happier years to come.

*edit*

Not sure if the video will so or if it's only because I can log into Ideal Protein, but if it can here's another good reason to stay true to protocol throughout the holidays. It's speaking about hypoglycemia, the end of a three day video series by Dr. Wilkinson.

http://my.idealprotein.com/itv/3-pha...cemia-part-iii

Last edited by Ratherfly; 12-09-2016 at 05:54 AM.
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #3  

Can others follow the link I posted? (And see.... this board is dead. Crickets.....)
Old 12-14-2016, 07:16 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post
Can others follow the link I posted? (And see.... this board is dead. Crickets.....)
The link works but not all of us here are using IP products so do not have the credentials to watch IP material. To watch that video you need to log in. I don't have credentials. When I did IP 2 years ago with the coach I never watched any videos so I never got registered to do so.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

that is how I was feeling until the conversations picked up
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #6  
Start IP 4/8/2013

S/C/G: upper 174/163.9/130

Height: 5'4

Struggle is real!!!
Desiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:49 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post

The link works but not all of us here are using IP products so do not have the credentials to watch IP material. To watch that video you need to log in. I don't have credentials. When I did IP 2 years ago with the coach I never watched any videos so I never got registered to do so.
Oops. Sorry, I thought this was a board for the IP diet program.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:53 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

I think Ro meant (and correct me if I'm wrong) that some folks use alternatives and not strictly IP products. This is for IP folks .
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 AM   #9  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
I think Ro meant (and correct me if I'm wrong) that some folks use alternatives and not strictly IP products. This is for IP folks .
Exactly.
All of us here are following IP protocol just some are using IP products and coach while some of us our doing it on our own with alternatives. I have done both and currently I am doing it on my own with alternatives so I do not have access to IP videos. I only mentioned this so you didn't get discouraged if someone didn't respond to your post because some of us can't access the video in order to comment on it.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Default Cheating over the holidays

Is anyone planning to cheat over the holidays?

I just started IP on Dec. 7 and have already lost 11 lbs. I'm traveling to my family's house for Christmas and I know that I am going to be tempted to eat Christmas dinner or a cookie or two. I don't know what to do!

For those who are veterans of IP, what do you do? I'm worried that if I cheat, that my body won't react to IP the same way and I won't lose as much weight per week. I don't know if I will be able to resist all the Christmas goodies!

My coach said that it's okay if I'm a little lenient over the holiday season. But I'm not sure what that means. Any advice?
discoedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #11  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoedit View Post
Is anyone planning to cheat over the holidays?

I just started IP on Dec. 7 and have already lost 11 lbs. I'm traveling to my family's house for Christmas and I know that I am going to be tempted to eat Christmas dinner or a cookie or two. I don't know what to do!

For those who are veterans of IP, what do you do? I'm worried that if I cheat, that my body won't react to IP the same way and I won't lose as much weight per week. I don't know if I will be able to resist all the Christmas goodies!

My coach said that it's okay if I'm a little lenient over the holiday season. But I'm not sure what that means. Any advice?
You bring up a couple of things so let me tackle both of them.

First, your body will react to IP the same way when you are back on protocol so no worries there.

Now, for the harder part, here's my advice...
If you think you will feel deprived if you don't partake then plan for your favorites and try to go for low carb items, preferably with higher fat to satisfy you. This is what I have done through Thanksgiving to now and I actually have a net loss through the holidays with no feelings of deprivation. But, I have put a lot of thought, planning and cooking/baking to make this the case. I am not sure what your favorites are so let me suggest for you to Google ketogenic or "keto" recipes for those and to make them. If you don't cook/bake, I have some additional ideas. Let me know and I can give more specific pointers.

If this seems like too much trouble then I say indulge and get right back on P1 as soon as you are ready. You will lose it.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #12  

Thanks for the clarity. I'm quite new to IP and am using just their products and thought that was the only way to go.

Back to the holidays. I *was* thinking I'd stick entirely to protocol, as I did for Thanksgiving. I'm starting to think otherwise. Turkey day was easy for me because we were at my in-laws home and all the traditional favorites of my family were absent. Christmas, OTOH, will be much more difficult. First, we've decided to travel to my Aunt's home for the long missed Italian Christmas Eve. There will be classics there I've not had in about 20 years. How in the would could I say no to arancini?? Then, on Christmas day I am hosting as usual. Sure I'll make plenty of IP friendly dishes but one traditional is homemade ravioli. Again, how can I say no?

What my plan will be is to try one or two of the forbidden fruits but to focus on what is on protocol. I'll limit the 'festivities' to Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner and not make it an entire weekend of indulging.

I think that for me, that will be the only way to handle this.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #13  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Thanks for the clarity. I'm quite new to IP and am using just their products and thought that was the only way to go.

Back to the holidays. I *was* thinking I'd stick entirely to protocol, as I did for Thanksgiving. I'm starting to think otherwise. Turkey day was easy for me because we were at my in-laws home and all the traditional favorites of my family were absent. Christmas, OTOH, will be much more difficult. First, we've decided to travel to my Aunt's home for the long missed Italian Christmas Eve. There will be classics there I've not had in about 20 years. How in the would could I say no to arancini?? Then, on Christmas day I am hosting as usual. Sure I'll make plenty of IP friendly dishes but one traditional is homemade ravioli. Again, how can I say no?

What my plan will be is to try one or two of the forbidden fruits but to focus on what is on protocol. I'll limit the 'festivities' to Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner and not make it an entire weekend of indulging.

I think that for me, that will be the only way to handle this.
I think it is important to participate and not feel left out or deprived as well as I think having a plan is important. So, good for you for recognizing that you would feel like you missed out on something as well as for making a plan. Then, just make sure on Monday you get right back and you won't even worry about it because you'll have a net loss the following week.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #14  

Seriously, Ro22, I don't even plan to wait until Monday to get back on track. As soon as the meal is done, I'm done, lest I keep picking and munching my way into more trouble.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:39 AM   #15  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Seriously, Ro22, I don't even plan to wait until Monday to get back on track. As soon as the meal is done, I'm done, lest I keep picking and munching my way into more trouble.
You sound very confident in your plan. That is the key step. Way to go on having a plan! Make sure you let us know how it goes.