Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/140/125

Default The Dreaded Constipation.... TMI!

Hello ladies,

I have just joined having been on ******** of a couple of years until it changed.

I'm an on a and off Atkins and Cambridge diet, currently 6 weeks into Atkins again..

I'm suffering this last 4 days having not been able to move the dreaded bowels at all!!!! It was slowing on and off last week but now at a standstill!!!!

I have totally been drinking more, I have also upped the fruit and having some more greens in my diet!...

I fear its going to get more difficult to get back to regularity unless I have a fairly drastic clean out!!! Whats good for a quick fix to get me going again??? I dont want another 24 hours of this! Anything thats sure and certain to work! ?

Rather have the opposite problem any day! haha 🚽

Last edited by KirstyH; 11-28-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Title not appropriate
KirstyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:48 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Do you take any meds?

Take extra Vitamins?

I struggle with this because I am on a high protein diet (like atkins) and forget to make sure I have enough fibre in my body to help out. I went 4-5 days I think on max without a poo, this caused me to go straight to the pharmacy and pic up some senokot or other bowel helping aid. That really helped to clear me out.

Good Luck!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/147/150

Height: 5'5"

One of the things that helps me if I am having issues is Milk of Magnesia. Hope you get some relief soon.
clawlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

I use something called Benefiber. If you're anywhere in Britain you can get it at Boots or on Amazon. Good Luck
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

My advice is to forget the fruit and add coconut oil and other fats to your diet. Personally, I don't care for the taste of coconut oil but they sell it in pill form. If that doesn't work for you, supplementing with magnesium will. I use mag taurine. I buy it on amazon.

Fruit has a big place for people on some low calorie eating plans, but if you're doing Atkins, keep in mind that most fruit = sugar and is really counterproductive on a low carb diet. And berries will not help move things along.

Last edited by Treasa; 12-01-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #6  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

I found something easy and costs nothing.

Drink 8 ounces of warm water when you get up first thing in the morning. It has to be on any empty stomach or it won't work. You should have a movement within 30 minutes. If not do it again. Plus no meds or chemicals involved.

Don't know why it works so well but it does the trick for me every time.
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote