Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #1  

Default Binge eating I need help

So I am a new member of this website not sure how this works but ah will see. I am eighteen years old and my height is 5'4 I am recently trying to get back on track with my diet and fitness. I am having trouble. I restricted and excercised nonstop for 3 months straight lost to much weight.. weighing in at about 114lbs. I knew this was too skinny for someone my age and height so I ate more and more I was happy weighing 120.. however now I am in a cycle of a binge eating disorder .. for 2 months straight I haven't gotten it under control . I eat until my stomach hurts.. I don't even want the food But I can't help myself...I have almost gained everything back weighing probably 135 or 140
I try to keep off the scale numbers for me arnt to important because I know muscle weighs more then fat but this is all fat I'm getting back...I just want to be healthy again. I've never felt so lost with my relationship with food. I want to be normal. I keep telling myself I'll do better tomorrow but then I do it again and I'm losing it mentally and physically. I feel like a failure. I need help any tips to stop this before it's to late And becomes a bad habit for the future.

Last edited by Aliciababe19; 11-24-2016 at 01:57 AM.
Aliciababe19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #2  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Default Sorry

I wish I had an answer. I dont. Im struggling with this too. Just wanted to offer you support
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #3  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

You are absolutely right, at 18 you do NOT want to develop the rollercoaster weight habit! From what you said, you need to lose 15-20 lbs. Don't look for a quick fix! Figure in 4-5 months, you can take that off in a healthy way, and hopefully restructure your eating habits at the same time.

Look for a food tracker, and be honest with it!! If you really use it, they can be invaluable in seeing what your problem foods are, and how much you are really taking in. Also, knowing you are going to be entering it alone can be incentive to stop at just one cookie!!

Once you realize what foods are chronic issues, start looking for healthy alternatives. My reward for a day on plan (because then my calories will allow it) is some Greek yogurt mixed up with some sweetener, vanilla, and cocoa powder, with some fresh raspberries mixed in! Way lower calorie and healthier than that nighttime serving of ice cream!

Now if I could just find a good substitute for cool ranch Doritos with sour cream dip .. ..
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Binge eating is not a weight loss issue. It is a mental health issue that impacts weight. And it is super challenging to deal with, but you do need to focus on dealing with it. I would highly recommend seeking treatment from a mental health professional. At 5'4", 140, you are doing fine with weight. But if you are eating until you literally physically hurt, that is something you need to figure out. And please don't wait to address it. It is far easier at 18 than at 25 or 30.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

I've never been a binge eater exactly, so I'm not sure how helpful this suggestion might be. Have you ever tried low carb or paleo? The reason I'm asking is that I know sugar makes me want sugar, and bread makes me want more bread. Don't underestimate the impact blood sugar can have on your desire to eat. So long as I stay away from the sugar and moderate my bread, I can keep my eating under control. And I personally find Diet soda affects my blood sugar so I stay away from that too. This Halloween I had no candy, because just like an alcoholic is incapable of having a single drink, I am physically incapable of keeping myself to a single Milky Way/Twix/Snickers, etc. Now if I could have gone to a party, had a few Milky Ways and then returned home to a Milky Way free house and not enter a grocery store for a while, I MIGHT have considered it. But I have kids and Halloween candy is everywhere in my life for WEEKS after the big day is long gone. That meant I couldn't start. Not even one.

Going paleo or low carb won't address any psychological issue you've got going on, but at least it might help you identify some physical triggers.

Last edited by Treasa; 12-07-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciababe19 View Post
So I am a new member of this website not sure how this works but ah will see. I am eighteen years old and my height is 5'4 I am recently trying to get back on track with my diet and fitness. I am having trouble. I restricted and exercised nonstop for 3 months straight lost to much weight.. weighing in at about 114lbs. I knew this was too skinny for someone my age and height so I ate more and more I was happy weighing 120.. however now I am in a cycle of a binge eating disorder .. for 2 months straight I haven't gotten it under control . I eat until my stomach hurts.. I don't even want the food But I can't help myself...I have almost gained everything back weighing probably 135 or 140
I try to keep off the scale numbers for me arnt to important because I know muscle weighs more then fat but this is all fat I'm getting back...I just want to be healthy again. I've never felt so lost with my relationship with food. I want to be normal. I keep telling myself I'll do better tomorrow but then I do it again and I'm losing it mentally and physically. I feel like a failure. I need help any tips to stop this before it's to late And becomes a bad habit for the future.
Hello, welcome to 3FC

There are some great workbooks and books on binge and compulsive eating. Here are some I either have personal experience with, or have heard good things about. Also, 3FC is an excellent support and motivational website/forum. I think it's fantastic that you are reaching out for help now! If you ever need anything, feel free to message me

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781572245914

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gett...=9781626254985

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781626252127

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/food...=9780936077208

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/why-...=9780452262546
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:27 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaB2cute View Post
I wish I had an answer. I dont. Im struggling with this too. Just wanted to offer you support
Thank you means alot 💯💕
Aliciababe19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 120/123 curren, 100 goal

Height: 5"4

I too struggle with binging. I just did it today. It was an all day affair��
LordGod1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

I to want to offer support, but I'm not qualified to give professional advice.
it's great that you're reaching out. you know you have an issue, and are willing to talk about it. It would be wise to see a therapist that specializes in food issues. Especially if binging Is triggered by emotion. a therapist can help identify triggers and help magnitudes more.

some basic guides about weight.
these may or may not apply to you.

Eat in a planned way.
3 meals a day.
eat in an 8 - 10 hour window
count your calories

the rule of thumb on weight is
120lb body weight equals 1200 calories a day
130-1300
140-1400
150-1500
160-1600

identify your cravings and post them
don't binge on cereal.
if you have sweet tooth don't try to suppress it , but try to limit a dessert to once per day.

There are tons of support ideas.
Walk for 1hour after your last meal while staying hydrated.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

I to want to offer support, but I'm not qualified to give professional advice.
it's great that you're reaching out. you know you have an issue, and are willing to talk about it. It would be wise to see a therapist that specializes in food issues. Especially if binging Is triggered by emotion. a therapist can help identify triggers and help magnitudes more.

some basic guides about weight.
these may or may not apply to you.

Eat in a planned way.
3 meals a day.
eat in an 8 - 10 hour window
count your calories

the rule of thumb on weight is
120lb body weight equals 1200 calories a day
130-1300
140-1400
150-1500
160-1600

identify your cravings and post them
don't binge on cereal.
if you have sweet tooth don't try to suppress it , but try to limit a dessert to once per day.

There are tons of support ideas.
Walk for 1hour after your last meal while staying hydrated.

There are no hacks or magic pills for this.
You've taken the biggest step in asking for advice. Best wishes . Stay in touch.

P.S. there is more than 1 way to over eat. There is more than 1 combination to weight management. If at first you don't succeed try try again until you find what works for you. You may find that combination quicker with help of a professional dietitian.
If you like exercise. OK great enjoy it. However manage your weight by your food control.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #11  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciababe19 View Post
So I am a new member of this website not sure how this works but ah will see. I am eighteen years old and my height is 5'4 I am recently trying to get back on track with my diet and fitness. I am having trouble. I restricted and excercised nonstop for 3 months straight lost to much weight.. weighing in at about 114lbs. I knew this was too skinny for someone my age and height so I ate more and more I was happy weighing 120.. however now I am in a cycle of a binge eating disorder .. for 2 months straight I haven't gotten it under control . I eat until my stomach hurts.. I don't even want the food But I can't help myself...I have almost gained everything back weighing probably 135 or 140

Hi,

Avoid restricting foods.

The more you restrict the more you will binge.

Instead, I teach my clients a flexible dieting approach where they lose weight each week WITHOUT having to give up their favorite foods.

hope this helps

~ Coach Wilson
www.coachwilson.co.uk
www.theteamworkout.co.uk

Last edited by coachwilson; 04-16-2017 at 07:37 AM.
coachwilson is offline   Reply With Quote