Old 11-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #184

Welcome to the latest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #2  

My goal is to get back into some semblance of a plan. 3 plain but easy meals. A combination of 5 servings of fruits and veggies. Nothing fried. Will see how his works over the next 10 days.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #3  

I'm dry. Not even a splash yesterday!!!!! YAY!
Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #4  

Day 2 done and dry. Was way below my WW Points but ate clean and was not hungry.

I went back through my WW journals, from when I successfully lost 75 lbs and am trying to get that feeling of "I need to change my lifestyle. This is not a diet with an end but a way to get healthy and live a longer, better, life." back.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #5  

Day 3. Teeny, tiny splash with a choice but still came in below my WW target!
Old 11-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Had a really good week last week....
then this week not so great .. last week stuck to plans did not go over all my points (Weight watchers daily and weekly points)
this week slipped up a little and ended up going over on a couple of really bad days. - guess that was a dropped the oar and fell in trying to pick it up kind of day ..so last week had a loss of 3 kg or 6.6 pounds

goals this period ... to stick to points - weigh in tomorrow so have today to be really good as over into negative weeklies again this week

drink water... yup that one went south this week..
stick to points .. nope not this week... however am back on track

j-ann hope your not too far below points target as that can be a negative towards weight loss too.... hope this week goes well for you
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #7  

Karen, I'm sticking pretty close to my points but sometimes I'm just not hungry enough to eat every single one. Last week's disaster took me back up one point. I'll admit I'm ignoring that one in hopes it's gone at my next weigh in. My usual meeting day is Thurs., which is our big Thanksgiving, national holiday this week, so it's going to be a short week for me as I'll catch a Wednesday meeting.

Huge congrats on the great loss. We need one like that every once in a while.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:13 AM   #8  

happily rowing here

water drinking keeps splashing me ...however
working on fit aspect did an hour of sword training. after 3 hours in the pool...going well

today is the start of new week after last week's big loss which 3kg worked out at just over 6 pounds. .wasn't expecting much this week and still she'd another kg .. or about 2 pounds

going to keep to myself tracking zones. .no more or less than 3 points either way off from my dailies I'd I can help it
Old 11-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #9  

Go Karen - amazing!

Welcome back Phae. Dry off, get the muck from the bottom out from between your toes, and hang tight to that oar.

4 days sitting dry. The new plan is working. Will get some real life exercise today. We got about a foot of snow last night so I've got to shovel and clean off the car this morning.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #10  

Hey all, I've been staying mostly dry but not checking in. Will try to get back in the boat for good. Food's been okay; trying to get back on track with daily exercise plus the details. Glad to see you're doing well, Judy and Karen! Hang in there, Phae!
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #11  

Hi Angela, Good to hear from you and very glad you are staying dry.

I had another dry day yesterday. We got over 2 feet of snow from Sunday night through yesterday. That's a lot for November, here. No breaking yourself in to winter. We went from 75ºF and sandals to boots and shovels overnight! It helped keep me dry though. There was no running out to grab fast food. I just hunkered down and only went out to shovel and take out the dog.

Row hard ladies!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #12  

Yesterday I stayed dry and this morning at weigh in was down 5.8 lbs! Now comes the hard part - Not losing the incentive to staying on program. You all know I have a problem stringing even 2 or 3 weeks together. I don't know how many times I've lost, and found these pounds over the last year,
Old 11-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #13  

Great idea Phae. We discussed this at WW this week. We should set a goal to A - continue sticking right on plan, B - maintain, or C - okay to gain a lb or two but no more over the holidays. I chose A as my challenges will remain pretty much the same.

Yesterday sent me into the water but I'm back in the boat, dry, and determined to stay that way.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #14  

hi ladies thought I would check in this week is birthday mad. .my brother in law ...my sister and my oldest daughter all have a birthday in a week
Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #15  

Default whoops

okay so two bad day's so far this week dropped one oar on first week then
floundered trying to pick it up. ...okay grabbed it back dropped other one ...
okay so last day ...could be 3 icky days small bit of cake 1/4 glass soft drink now to work on a low point dinner as my weight in day is Monday morning

last week was good week before was better compared to the previous two. which were almost good.....
slowly shifting this weight which is good be nice to see it gone.