Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default #171 10 Pounds at a Time - Fall is Coming!

Good morning, Ladies. I hope no one minds. I started the new thread as we were at 15 pages or so.

Up and raring to go this morning, and I don't really understand why. I also followed a tip I saw on tv on how to wear button down shirts open with a t-shirt under them because it makes you look thinner - and guess what? It does

I am looking forward to working out when I get home from the restaurant today. And, to top it off, I weighed in, and I am at 181.5 today! Pretty soon I will be back to 174 (my first mini goal).

Hope all of you have a GREAT day!

Meg
Old 08-28-2003, 11:16 AM   #2  
Woman on a Mission

Good morning ladies,

Just popping in to say hi. Hope you all all are well. Sounds as though the enthusiasm is coming back in full force for alot of you.

We had the shower for my sister last Saturday and it was a great time. She got lots of nice things and most importantly, useful things.

We're celebrating my 30th birthday on Saturday with friends and family with a backyard BBQ so that will also be a nice time and the weather is going to co-operate by the sounds of it. Yay!

The wedding is on the 13th and then life should return back to normal and I can post a bit more.

Take care and have a great OP day.

Pam
Old 08-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #3  

Good morning, ladies. I bet everyone is already off on vacation. Dan and I are going to our apt. in Indiana this weekend.

I started off the day right, eating breakfast with a girlfriend. Then I came home and did 1 mile WATP and the first 4 sections of my NY City Ballet workout. I feel great.

I talked to my future boss yesterday, and she is GREAT! I have a meeting with her next Saturday. Now that I know that this job is for real, it is just another reason to get my act together while I have all this free time. I plan to make a list of things to do in the next 4 month - decluttering, finishing photo albums - and working out both morning and night. No better time than the present - right???

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS holiday weekend!

Meg
182 pounds today.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:41 AM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

I am having a fabulous weekend Meigg thanks for asking. Friday was my brothers 30th birthday sowe went out for a meal and then after that we went to Rays sisters 30th birthday party as she'll be 30 this week too.

Have been so off plan recently it is unbelivable I have sent the worlds longest email to my WW leader I know what i want I just need to get my act together and get on with it.

So today I am being an angel, figure it will take more than one day to help me lose 40+ pounds, but everybody got to start somewhere.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:38 PM   #5  

my weekend has sucked

my uncle died during the week and this evening was his wake. tomorrow is the burial. sorry to ruin the mood in here.....
Old 08-31-2003, 10:46 PM   #6  
Woman on a Mission

My heart goes out to you in your time of loss. I hope that you will find strength in the good memories at the wake this evening. Celebrate his memory.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:06 PM   #7  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Oh My Goodness! I logged into 3FC to post on a board that my mom frequents, and discovered that TPAAT still exists! WOW!

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I do see a few familiar faces. I applaud those familiar faces for sticking to it for what seems like forever!

I myself have done okay. I almost got to my first goal weight, just to stall for the longest time. Then I stopped taking my meds (for thyroid/PCOS) and gained back 8 lbs. So now I'm starting to get a bit more serious again. All said, I would love to get down to 165 (I'm tall & big boned, so this would work for me) - a total of 28.5 lbs. I'll get there yet!

Anyway, as I was saying, I just checked in because my mom (I think her username is Tippy or Ardie on these boards) is in the hospital again, and I know she'd be missed on some other boards.

Hopefully everyone here is doing well. My condolensces to Annex for your loss. God Bless everyone! Take care.

Lisa (zookeeper16)
Old 09-02-2003, 09:54 AM   #8  

Hi All! Annex, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle...that's rough.

Been raining here for two straight days. Matches my mood. Looks like we may have to put one of the cats to sleep, and I'm just so sad over it. She's been with me for 14 years, through all my moves and job changes. We go to the vet in a couple of hours, and we'll see what he says.

Need a motivational kick in the pants as well. I'm scraping by with the bare minimum for exercise, and my eating is....straying a bit. Despite that, I dropped two pounds last week, which is HUGE for me. So part of my brain is HEAVY into rationalizing..."Hey, it's not like you're GAINING weight..." But I know, it'll catch up with me. But can someone explain why loss was slower when I was working harder?

Colleen

Last edited by colz85; 09-02-2003 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:09 PM   #9  

Colleen - I just read something about what you experienced. Are you eating ENOUGH? I know that sounds weird, but you need food to fuel your workouts. Also, apparently going to bed by 10pm is key, so you get enough of the right kind of sleep, which apparently is all tied into the body's metabolism. (I myself wonder, if you go to bed at midnight, and get the same 8 hours of sleep, does your body know the difference ? Anyway, food for thought.

Dan and I had the BEST time away. It was good for both of us. I weighed in tonight at 183.5, so I think I should be at 182 tomorrow morning, which is where I was at on Friday - so that is good news. Double workouts begin tomorrow. We are going away the next 2 weekends, so I am bringing DVD workouts with me to use on the laptop. No time to spare.

I have also talked to Dan about re-decorating (mainly using paint and re-arranging some furniture) in every room in our apartment. I am going to start with the kitchen, painting it hunter green. We have oak cabinets, so it should look really nice.

Lisa, it is great to have you back. I am sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope that she is out of the hospital soon.

Annex, I am sorry for your loss as well. Losing a loved one is so hard...

So ladies, Fall is coming - let's kick it in gear and lose some weight!

Meg
Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #10  
Domestic Engineer

Lisa! It's so great to see you here! (and hope you'll be back!) Hope your mom is better soon too!!

Colleen- when I was doing WW and really keeping track I found I was more successful losing when I was eating a bit more- especially when you are active. Like Meg said- your body needs fuel and I really believe you need to "Eat to Lose"

Meg- you are doing awesome! Look at you with the DVDs and laptop ready to workout at a drop of a hat! Good for you! Have fun painting! I'm actually getting the itch to change my living room color and put up crown moulding...we'll see how ambitious I am.

Annex- so sorry about your uncle.

Carol- did I ever say on the last thread that I loved your pics?? You are looking great and I really like your hair! I think I might have-- I meant to anyway Are you doing WW online?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. I love being "thirty-something"

Well, I finally have good news to report! I actually did my WATP video!! I did the 1- mile and I was pleasantly surprised at the workout. It was easy, but I still feel like I worked (I am sooooo out of shape!!) I also had lots of water- I've even lost count of how much!

Well, I'm off to bed earlier than midnight- still recuping from our weekend away...want to get up and exercise again! Have a great night all!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #11  

Jelynn - just got done with WATP 1 mile this morning. Same thing - easy to do, but great because I am so out of shape. I LOVE IT!

Now I am having coffee, getting ready to face the restaurant.

I will check in later!

Meg
Old 09-03-2003, 06:32 PM   #12  

Meg..I THOUGHT I was eating enough....both my trainer and my dr said my average of 1900 calories a day was "kinda high". (and yeah, they knew what my activity level was) But quite frankly, even at that level, I'm pretty much in a constant state of hunger.

Had a McDonald's salad for lunch today...grilled chicken, balsamic vinagrette. The dressing was really good for being low fat/low cal. However...the salad didn't stay with me all afternoon. I'm about to eat my arm!

Still having...issues. Want to eat...REALLY want to eat, and I'm not too motivated for exercise.

UGH.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #13  

Just finished my 2nd workout, but I cannot tell a lie - I had a scoop of ice cream today...

Well, I am not going to let that stop me!

Meg
Old 09-04-2003, 08:58 AM   #14  

Good morning. The board seems slow - I am talking to myself . I hope that means that everyone is enjoying themselves: getting out and exercising, getting the kids off to school - whatever.

Just finishing my coffee getting ready to do WATP 1 mile for this morning's workout. I work for 3 hours today as well. Then I REALLY need to clean the house. It is a TOTAL mess.

Dan and I are spending another 3 day weekend in Indiana this weekend. We found out that we can get the leasing company to sublet it for us, so we are moving out November 1. We will spend 2 more weekends there. I wish we didn't have to get rid of it, but when I start my new job in real estate, I will work both Saturdays and Sundays - so there will be no time to go there. I meet my new boss Saturday afternoon - can't wait!

Well, hope everyone is doing well. Lisa, I hope your Mom is getting better, I will keep her in my thoughts.

Meg
Old 09-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #15  

Where is everyone? Hope you all are enjoying yourselves wherever you are!

I woke up in pain this morning. I did 2 1 mile WATP and the ballet workout yesterday, and my shoulders really hurt. I can really feel alot of muscles today. I think I will skip the ballet today.

Weighed in at 180.5 this morning. 30.5 to go!

Have a good day.

Meg
Closed Thread