Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 07:08 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Thursday's Thread (One Day Till Friday!!)

BBIAM to post
Old 08-28-2003, 07:11 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girls. Again, this will be a short post because of the wrist. I went to the doc yesterday because it got all swollen and bruised looking, and it turns out to be sprained. So I have an obnoxious looking brace and orders not to do too much with it. Yeah, right.

I have an ultrasound today and am holding my breath. Will let you all know how it goes. I will spend some time replying to each of you when I can type with two hands again!
Old 08-28-2003, 08:31 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jayne~ Sorry about your wrist. I hope that it feels better soon. THis is such a hectic time for teachers. I will also say a prayer about the ultra sound. Keep us posted.

Ok girls I am struggling to do this points on my own thing as usual. I have decided to have a heart to heart with DH about working WWer's into the budget. I am sure he will go for it I just feel kind of bad asking. Ridiculous I know but when you are dumping money into savings it feels really good and $44 bucks a month is reasonable but STILL an extra expense. ANYWAYS, I don't think I will be starting till next pay at the earliest SO I have a few questions. I hope that you all don't mind. I went online and got what info I could but here are my ?'s

1. Do you still have activity pts? WW online seemed to indicate that you did.

2. My range was 22-27, from what I understand this remains BUT a.) I count down and b.) I have 35 extra Flex pts through out the week Correct???

Ok thats all. Thank you so much.

Hi to all about to post!
Old 08-28-2003, 08:57 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Hey Y'all,

My area started the new system this week and I went last night. I really like it. In fact whne I lost most of my weight, I picked a target and stuck with that and then would treat myself once a week to a big meal with dessert (okay it was more like every other week), so it's not too different...

Becky: I have my book by my desk. Instead of a range you have a target, for you that would be 24 points a day. From there you can add activity points, but you can only eat them the day you earn them, then on top of that you have 35 flex points which you can use at your own discretion throughout the week.

Jayne: sorry about your hand, I hope it gets better soon!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 08-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Thanks Ali! I appreciate the info. It is encouraging to know that that is how you lost your weight as well! I am hoping this is my motivating factor (the new program). I am so tired of being at this weight and losing 2-4 lbs and gaining it blah blah blah.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:29 AM   #6  
Running Babe

One quick thing, I wasn't realy OP through the summer and I gained 1 lb, so I pretty much maintained... not that I am happy about the one extra lb, but it wasn't much damage.. (I usually eat well about 4 days a week though with three not to good days). I am trying hard to stay op right now!

Ali
Old 08-28-2003, 09:36 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Becky: I am using it as my motivating factor as well, I am 2lbs above being a non-paying lifetimer and 11lbs away from being at my personal goal right now. I was up to 165lbs in may so at least my weight has dropped a bit since then.

Speaking of a second job... a flash of insight came to me last night... I can get back to goal and then go into leader training... Then do the leader thing. I know the money isn't high, but it would be a second job I'd love I think.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:53 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning!

Jayne - hope your wrist feels better soon.

Becky - I sincerely hope this doesn't sound cruel because it isn't intended that way. WW is a cost that is hard to justify when the budget is tight. Health problems steming from carrying extra weight will be more detrimental to your budget in the long run. What I have always found though is that I usually am spending the cost of a WW meeting in eating out or junk food in the grocery budget - can you see if you can find the $$ there?

Ali - I've always taken the top of my range, multiplied it by 7 and then just made sure I ate no more than that number of points for the week so the new system is fairly easy for me too.

I was 4 pts below my target again yesterday. I know it is just as unhealthy to under eat as it is overeat so today I'm making a real effort to eat more points early in the day so that I at least eat enough to hit my target. It would probably actually be a good idea to eat over my target because I work both jobs today and I will need the fuel.

Speaking of both jobs. I work today, tomorrow at both and then Sat. at the 2nd one. And then....drumroll please....I have 2 whole days off! Yeah!!!

Have a good day!

Laura
Old 08-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hmmm - re-read my post and am not sure it came out correctly.

Becky - I didn't mean to imply that you and DH are wasteful with your $$. I want you to be happy and healthy and feel that WW meetings/losing weight/gaining health are as much an investment in your future as a home.

Ali - brillant idea about becoming a leader. Even if it isn't a lot of extra $$, it will be a help and if you enjoy the work it won't be an added stress.

Jayne - lack of caffiene - the ultrasound part didn't sink in. I'll keep my fingers, toes and even my eyes crossed in hopes that it will help. Please, please let us know how it goes.

Laura
Old 08-28-2003, 10:10 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, had a conflict with that person at work again this morning. She is the kind of person that always has to have the last word and is always right. She is a year younger than me, but the low man on the totem pole here. I am management, but young for that. She doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. I think I get the brunt of a lot of things because I am so young and people don't respect that. I hate conflict, but always seem to get it. WHY??? SO I am majorly stressed. I hate working this closely to people that have such bad attitudes.

That is my gripe of the day! I get tomorrow off. I know that she will discuss me with the powers that be. Hate that too, but I have already voiced my concerns. Let's see if anyone cares. Like I said, I am young (31) and rarely get respect here.

Jayne, good luck at the U/S.

Does WW on-line have the new program??? And is it easy to understand on there???
Old 08-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ Relax I am not that thin skinned You are right! Like I said I know that once he knows it is important to me it will be a go. I totally get what you are saying though. I just get on these "kicks" where I have to buy all of this workout equip. or this or that when it comes to my weight and then I don't follow through which is why I hesitate. BTW the education credits thing would take quite a while but I have thought about it.

Jen~ Sorry about the crap at work. I am feeling the same way. I am just glad it is Thursday.

BBIAB
Old 08-28-2003, 12:40 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

My company went out for awhile so I found some time to come visit you! I'm in for a busy day today. Work & then some home & do aome major cleaning b/c we're having a whole bunch of people over tonight. We were all supposed to be going to this nature park for a hot dog roast but its pouring rain & since I'm the only one without cats they're all coming to our place. (I'm sesverely allergic to cats so can't go to any of their places). Hopefully it is a good time.

I'm quite enjoying the new flex points. The two days right after my weigh in are the two days I usually need the most fuel but then I would never have time to bank for them b/c wi was so close. I would find myself reverse banking. This method is much better for me

Jen, I hope that your day gets better. Hope that you're successful with potty training

Becky, I used to worry about the money for the meetings & now we're on a super tight budget but my dh says I seem much happier when I go to the meetings so to him its worth it.

Jayne how did your ultrasound go? I hope that you're icing your wrist (10 mintues at a time). Hopefully it will heal quickly. Last night I sprained my thumb at work. It is a reinjury which worries me. Its a little hard being a massage therapist if I have a weak thumb. Today at work should be interesting.

Laura, Wow 2 days off in a row! What are you going to do with this fabulous new free time?

Ali, I think you would make a great leader! Your success story is amazing! Sometimes I get frustrated with my leader b/c she has lost a total 12lbs & maintained it for 26 years. A little annoying when I have to lose over a hundred. Oh well...

What is everone doing for the long weekend? On Saturday we're going to the mineral baths about an hour from here. I can't wait- I always feel so refreshed after going! Other than that not much else on the go-which is definitely a good thing

A big HELLOOOOO to everyone about to post
Old 08-28-2003, 12:48 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Hey all! DayFour on the new program and so far so good! I am liking it. I have only 20 flexpoints left though. but I have managed to eat all FV's and H2O, so that is good.

Ali - I think being a leader would be AWESOME. I would love to do it and when I reach goal - OK might be ayear from now or more, I will train to lead. I'd really enjoy that. you shoud go for it!!! Young funky leaders are what we need! (esp in Calgary).

Becky - I have been there with your dilemma - I buy things on "kicks" too. I figured if I had a $100 scale I wouldn't need to WI - but I don't do nearly as well if I don't WI. I figured if I photocopy the journals I will track but I don't track as well. For some reason, spending the $ every week, having someone else weight me, and seeing other people be successful, this is what motivates me. I don't talk in my meetings. I just listen and watch. I love to see teh girls that have lost a ton of weight - one lost over 100lbs and she isn't yet at goal but she looks AMAZING. And that is true motivation for me.

I guess the fact is, after long brooding over it, I am going to pay and stay. That is how I succeed. And I will never join with a sister or friend again - because I use that as an excuse. "oh, do you want to WI this week?" " no, lets skip it" I have heard that conversation way too much. So, I am going to do it on my own!! I do way better that way. I figure if I can keep it up at the rate I WAS losing at (avg: 1.6/week) I can be at my goal by end of Feb 2004 and spend about $400. If I look at it like THAT, it doesn't seem so bad. I figure then I'll make the lifetime (do all of maintenance) and never pay again...

Jayne - have fun at your US! I am having one too - but it's not for baby...I have had a lot of female probs and the doc is checking it out thrououghly (ie: switching pills isn't helping).

Laura - what is up with your being 4 points under? Wow - not me....I am an eater!! Well, you know what I find - I like Juice. I can easily drink 4 points of juice at breakfast! I love it. And I love milk so I can drink a lot of points. That is why I am over most of teh time, not b/c I eat lots of choc bars, etc...weird, eh?

Jen - seems like you have a lot of conflict at work on an ongoing basis. Maybe you should consider moving on? It seems to upset you a lot of the time adn the time you are happiest would be when you are on mat leave! Just a thought... perhaps you are already thinking of a career change. remember you spend most of your life with these people, and by the sounds of it, many of them reside in your personal life too!

Well, I should get to work - I have a half day tomorrow, so I have lots to get done.

Have a good OP day! BBL!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

HI Rina! Enjoy the mineral baths - that is cool! We are tiling our hallway on the weekend -should be disasterous...I hope it goes OK. B/f is an engineer so he figures that makes him a handyman!

Have a good one!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK... some lady in a Caddy stole my parking spot. I left a note on her car, but she will probably not see it. Argggggg...

Belle, the people I have conflict with are not in my personal life. It seems that the people we have hired in the last several years have gotten very lazy. The work ethic people have now is so poor. Yet, having a grounds to fire someone is very difficult in this day. So it is very frustrating. I have been contemplating going back to school for a different degree, the problem is money. I make decent money, and child care is very expensive. The job market in this area is VERY bad and has been for awhile. So I am pretty stuck at the moment.

I do have a 4 day weekend tho, and tomorrow is alone with hubby. We are sending the kids to daycare.
Closed Thread