Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Default A (former) maintainer back to lose!

Welp. Here I am again! Hello to old and new friends at 3FC!

I’m not super sure where to start, but I did want to (re)introduce myself and jump back in to the boards. I owe so much of my weight loss 6 years ago to 3FC, and now that I’m serious about losing what I’ve regained, it only made sense to come back to this welcoming, awesome, supportive community.

Shortest version I could manage: I started my weight loss in January of 2010 at 210ish pounds, reaching my final goal weight of 120 in early 2011. I was able to maintain – and stayed active here – until late 2012, when weight started to very slowly creep on. Very, very slowly, to the point where I mostly ignored it and pretended that it was all under control. Reader, it was not under control.

The last 4 years have been tumultuous, not always in bad ways, but definitely lots going on. Work grew and expanded and I’m now an associate director of my department (which also meant my job became much more sedentary). I met my boyfriend, who became my husband a year ago. My father passed away unexpectedly at a relatively young age, and grief has been hard. All of this has added up to a great deal of social, and often emotional, eating and overeating.

Last fall things came to head. I wasn’t nearly as active as I used to be, and the days I didn’t count calories far outnumbered the days I did. By the end of 2015 I weighed 158.

2016 brought some intentional changes. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and love it. I started my running up again and have been very consistent. I’ve dropped 16 pounds in 9 months, which is . . . OK. But, really, the missing part is my food. I’m obviously still overeating for my calorie needs – which I know for sure because I’ve tracked every day on MFP since January 1, no fudging, and so many days have been well over my limit.

So I’m back – back here, and back with a plan for my calories, and back with no excuses for why every day is somehow “special” and I should either celebrate or comfort myself with food. There are different challenges this time, but I’ve been successful before and I can do it again! I’m not really sure what my goal is this time. 120 is probably not sustainable long term, but I think 130 is reasonable. My intermediate goal is 135, which is “normal” weight for my height.

Thank you, 3FC, for being here! I’ve poked around a bit and have seen a few familiar screen names, and I'm excited to be back! (Maybe I should never have left? )
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Jen,

It's great to see you again.

Yep, some familiar names; some cherished names drifted away.

The maintainers forums continue. Come join us.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Are you in my brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMusic View Post
Welp. Here I am again! Hello to old and new friends at 3FC!

I’m not super sure where to start, but I did want to (re)introduce myself and jump back in to the boards. I owe so much of my weight loss 6 years ago to 3FC, and now that I’m serious about losing what I’ve regained, it only made sense to come back to this welcoming, awesome, supportive community.

Shortest version I could manage: I started my weight loss in January of 2010 at 210ish pounds, reaching my final goal weight of 120 in early 2011. I was able to maintain – and stayed active here – until late 2012, when weight started to very slowly creep on. Very, very slowly, to the point where I mostly ignored it and pretended that it was all under control. Reader, it was not under control.

The last 4 years have been tumultuous, not always in bad ways, but definitely lots going on. Work grew and expanded and I’m now an associate director of my department (which also meant my job became much more sedentary). I met my boyfriend, who became my husband a year ago. My father passed away unexpectedly at a relatively young age, and grief has been hard. All of this has added up to a great deal of social, and often emotional, eating and overeating.

Last fall things came to head. I wasn’t nearly as active as I used to be, and the days I didn’t count calories far outnumbered the days I did. By the end of 2015 I weighed 158.

2016 brought some intentional changes. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and love it. I started my running up again and have been very consistent. I’ve dropped 16 pounds in 9 months, which is . . . OK. But, really, the missing part is my food. I’m obviously still overeating for my calorie needs – which I know for sure because I’ve tracked every day on MFP since January 1, no fudging, and so many days have been well over my limit.

So I’m back – back here, and back with a plan for my calories, and back with no excuses for why every day is somehow “special” and I should either celebrate or comfort myself with food. There are different challenges this time, but I’ve been successful before and I can do it again! I’m not really sure what my goal is this time. 120 is probably not sustainable long term, but I think 130 is reasonable. My intermediate goal is 135, which is “normal” weight for my height.

Thank you, 3FC, for being here! I’ve poked around a bit and have seen a few familiar screen names, and I'm excited to be back! (Maybe I should never have left? )
Lol this seems like my story. Lost about 80 back in 2011. Stayed there for a couple of years (in the 120s). Slowly regained about 30: injuries, illnesses, life etc, but if I am honest, I've just been eating too much. Got back on the saddle 2 weeks ago. I am sitting at 147.2 right now and will be happy to get to between 125-135. We can do it!
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Hi Jen, we don't know each other yet... I'm new...but I wanted to let you know that I relate so well to your post. I just started counting calories about 16 days ago. I've spent the past few years not paying attention or worrying about what I eat and not getting any exercise. I spend most of my day sitting. Today, we borrowed a Nintendo Wii from a friend and I'm hoping that by doing a couple of activity games, I'll burn a few calories. Anything to get my metabolism up! I wish you all the best...
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote