South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default It's the Weekend! Sept 17-18

Good morning! I've got coffee if you would like to pull up a chair.

What's on today's agenda?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks. I've got a load of laundry in and am sipping coffee before breakfast. We are slated for a sunny morning with clouds and then rain later today so I wanted to get a few things out on the line before that.

I'm not really sure which of the weekend niggles will be on today's agenda: groceries, cleaning, schoolwork, the regular stuff. I never seem to get any house chores done on work days; I prioritize squeezing in my workout between work and making dinner so that makes the weekends busy. I would also like to take a walk this morning....oh and maybe pick some apples to make applesauce. We have a good crop this year. Funny, it was a good year for fruit (apples and blueberries) but tomatoes were the only successful vegetable in my garden.

Ruth, I would think the shifting daylight would help you sleep. In May and June it is easy to get up at 6 or before but now it is still dark outside! I hate those super short days in December and January.

Pearlrose, what fun does your family have planned this weekend? You guys always have something going on.

Debbie, DH finished painting the stairs to the basement but then he wanted the paint to cure for a week! So I've been going around through the basement entry from the garage (we have a raised ranch). Today is going to be the grand re-opening of the stairs. Woo-Hoo!

Jennifer, around here yesterday would have been a perfect day for a bike ride. Hope you had a good time!

Anyone get to see the Harvest Moon this week? It was great.

Okay, more coffee. Have a good day, chicks!
Old 09-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Thanks for cranking us up, Beth. Yes, I ventured behind the barn to see the Harvest Moon. Just gorgeous and so big! If it's still cloudless tonight, I'll see it again but the forecast is not great with rain expected this afternoon and this evening which is too bad as a friend's daughter is getting married - outside this afternoon.

Spent most of yesterday doing odds and sods and didn't seem to get anything finished. I was planning an early run to town for a big grocery shop but realized I still have all the Fair schoolwork in my car. I guess that'll have to wait until next week.

Dogs are howling outside and I need to investigate! Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in this morning despite the cat trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m., we put him out the room and shut the door and went back to sleep and just ignored him at the door. It rained all last evening and is rainy this morning. The Balloon race was canceled for today and the balloon glow was canceled for last evening. Not sure what we will do today, I do know I need to clean the house again, I vacuum every 2 days but still come away with a full canister of dog and cat hair for each floor of the house.

Beth at least you are getting a good crop of fruits and tomatoes

Ruth once you deliver the fair art work hopefully your days will calm down a bit to enjoy

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone. Looks like everyone has a lot going on and enjoyed the beautiful day. The ride was beautiful, albeit very windy at times which made for a slow pace. Pamela really wasn't herself and had a hard time riding. Unlucky me now knows what it is like to crash and fall. We were riding two by two and two cyclists in front of me got distracted by a car and collided with each other. Chain reaction took me out as collateral damage. It was either hit them or fall into traffic. People are softer than cars lol. Everyone and all bikes were A OK! Today however is a Motrin day lol. Before the oopsie we stopped in Southamton for lunch. When I grabbed my money and phone to go to the deli, I noticed a text from my HS BF Kerri. She said she saw someone who looked just like me riding a bicycle on Montauk Highhway. She was shocked when I said it was me lol. So lucky me got a surprise visit at lunch from a very dear friend.

Today I was up and out early for a haircut appointment. Now I need to get some much needed stuff done around here before heading to Joe's.

I'll try and catch up on personals soon. Have a w wonderful weekend!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.5 KB, 9 views)
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #6  

Great picture, Jennifer!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:10 AM   #7  

Very productive day yesterday but today still has grocery shopping on the list. I need to plan out a tentative menu; when I'm busy it is too easy to grab something off-plan foods.

Other than that, I hope to fit in some sort of exercise and general puttering around the house. Right now it is coffee time.

What's on everyone else's agenda?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday it stopped raining so DD1 and I went to the lake for a walk it was very nice and then did a short grocery run for odds that we needed. Accomplished all the house cleaning as well. Today we will go watch DS play Hockey and maybe we will all go out for lunch afterwards.

Jennifer hope the motrin helps and that no one was seriously hurt.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Rose and Beachers to come.

Book club was fun last night and ran very late but I actually slept in until 8:30! I do intend to drive into the city to Staples for more prize envelopes this a.m. and will pick up the specials at the Super Store. I absolutely must finish the prize envelopes and get all the schoolwork delivered over the next two or three days. It's also a busy week with meetings and appointments and the Hyper Piper wedding on Saturday which will run into Sunday. And then my darling daughter arrives on the 27th for a week's visit.

We are heading back into summer weather for a while - above normal daytime temps but cool nights. I actually needed an extra blanket last night. I hope Mother Nature gets her act together soon.

Time to get it together and take off for town. Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello! A long day at work but it was big bucks. LOL. The leaf watchers are all out it's a beautiful day. I'm going to go take a siesta.

Jennifer, great picture! Glad no one was hurt seriously. What a cool way to run into-your-old friend.

See you all tomorrow!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote